Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 01:08 PM   #2165
jcwalb2

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 View Post
I believe the situation is--

bathroom: porta potties
shower: pay a couple bucks for a hot shower, pay less (if anything) for a cold shower

if looking to make things as simple as possible I'd do my best to get into Oasis Camping

as for relying on food trucks, in the past that was certainly a viable option, but my understanding is that this year it may have been more difficult because they didn't have as many trucks there. I think you still could have done it, you'd have just been eating a lot of chicken tenders/pizza/burgers/standard concession fare rather than something more exotic.
I think this is right. Easy camping just means they set up the tent and let you have a sleeping bag and an air mattress. Otherwise, I think it is the same as Gold (which has free showers, coincidentally).

If you're looking for the least camp-y route, this is right - go Oasis. But, you can also rent an RV and park either in Gold or Standard - this seemed to be quite a popular option and I think it worked out well for those folks.

As for food trucks, this was my first year but I hear they were reduced. Assume that may ramp back up moving forward. That said, you could have survived on the food trucks (at a pretty decent markup, but not terrible). That all said, I'm not much of a camper, and we rented all our gear through Back 40 Outfitters and did fine, and we added on a camp stove. We might have looked a bit stupid for a few minutes getting the tents put up/organized, but if we pulled it off, I feel like most people could.

Last edited by jcwalb2; 10-08-2021 at 01:09 PM.
jcwalb2 is offline   Reply With Quote