Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - *** Official Denver, CO 2022
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 12:30 PM   #47
Speilmen230
Case of the Roo Blues

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useliteski View Post
man, i feel every little bit of this post.

I owe so much of my musical tastes to my Dad. I was probably the only 13 year old in the entire crowd at the Allman Bros show in 03', but my dad new it would evolve into the same love of music that he had when he was that age, and my god did it... what a cool thing to get to pass down.

the death that truly stung me the most with this in mind was Gregg's passing. when i was discovering music, truly, for the first time, they Allman Brothers were the jumping off point. Me and my old man were still at the last show ever at the Beacon, and that was truly something else. Hard to put into words. I didn't think it would be the last time i saw Gregg, and i tried for years after, but either he was sick, or i had to reschedule.

Long live the Allman Brothers Band

my next artist that i know i need to see fast is Eric Clapton. That night was sold out during the 07 Beacon run.
Love stories like this. I never got to see the Allman Brothers. My dad saw them 3 or 4 times throughout the years.

My mom saw the stones in like 82. My dad has never seen them and I told him he should remedy that in 2020. Obviously that won't happen now.

My mom was going to surprise my dad with tickets to Steve Miller Band at RR in August but that also got cancelled. That would have been another one crossed off the list for classic rocks bands.
It's not called the Great Depression because it was an awesome fucking time.
Speilmen230 is offline   Reply With Quote