Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - **Dave & Tim Mexico 2023**
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2022, 07:48 PM   #51
sheman10

Shows Seen: 84

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Re: **Dave & Tim Mexico 2023**

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokid123 View Post
Just about have my wife convinced to go. She isn't a huge Dave fan (but tolerates). However, she loves the beach and traveling and getting out of the cold, dark Chicago winter. Couple questions:

1. Touched upon a bit here, but is the Grand "worth it"? Think we are eyeing the Grand Presidential Suite for 2 OR the Nizuc Governor Suite Ocean View Shard Terrace for 2. Both obviously seem great but wondering if being 'closer' to the action at Nizuc is better. We aren't big partiers but do like to drink. With the Grand, I like the sound of "premium food and beverage options" and perhaps more "private" pools.

2. What are the 'hot' packages that will go quickest on Tuesday?

3. The venue itself, are there any seating options? As part of the non-Dave fan thing, my wife likes to sit and relax for about half the show. The FAQ isn't clear ("no assigned seating in the venue" but "ample seating around the venue"). If we want to be near seats, are we going to be far from the stage and hamper the experience?

Thanks in advance.
i'll give your questions a go:

1. hard to say if The Grand is worth it for you. it's personal preference and budget. yes, you'll get higher quality food and drink and the pools are smaller and more private. It's relatively nicer and there will be less D&T people and more regular vacationers. You'll be away from "the action" if that matters to you (and furthest from the stage), though shuttles are constantly running throughout the grounds taking you wherever you need to go if you don't want to walk. There are no ocean view or front rooms, if that matters to you. Like I said in a previous post, it's not worth it for us personally for the entire week, but we'll probably pay extra for a day pass or two.

2. I didn't follow super closely, so not 100% sure, but I think the packages that went the quickest are the 2-4 person mid-range rooms at Sunrise and Nizuc.

3. I have attached the Venue Map from last year. There were tables in the back by the food and drinks (patio area on the map) with a somewhat limited view of the stage, but they seemed packed most of the time. There's also a grassy courtyard area (upper-middle on the map) that has seating and was pretty empty most of the time during the shows (and also has it's own big screen and speakers that broadcast the show)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D&T Riviera Maya 2022 Venue Map(1).jpg (51.7 KB, 47 views)