Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - 2021-2022 NFL Season
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 12:25 PM   #8611
ToySoldier#34

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Re: 2021-2022 NFL Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTBaboon View Post
But the thing is, there are advanced metrics that help assign value to calls/non-calls, and in close games (especially those decided by less than a TD) that value can change the game. It's similar to the strike zone analysis in baseball - you can weight the missed calls and assign change in runs/run differential.

There's far too much technology available to have bad calls, missed calls, and to be measuring first downs with literal sticks and chains. All major American sports need accountability in officiating, and all should be investing in the tech to ensure correct calls if they care about the integrity of the game (they mostly don't, and exhibit A is the warm embrace the NFL is giving the gambling industry).

I'd have to think hard about the last time I felt a game was decided by the refs in a Patriots game, that's all I'm saying, disagreeing that it's THE narrative after every game but it could obviously be improved

In other news Stafford's 4th quarter stats on this playoff run are crazy
ToySoldier#34 is offline   Reply With Quote