Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - the (2021) summer so far
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2021, 06:44 PM   #91
Gravedigger789

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: the (2021) summer so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTH View Post
I can’t see how anyone could possibly be discouraged by two shows that featured new songs, rarities, the return to form on some tunes, and a tight sounding band that hasn’t really played together in 16 months. Based on the fact that they played Sweet, If Only, You and Me and closed a show with Shake Me? The fact that the sets looked as diverse as they did should be nothing more than encouraging. After those two shows I’m confident we’ll get our Dreaming Trees and Busted Stuffs down the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
Ants wanted the band to play slower, change the format of songs, have more setlist diversity, bring back the 3rd verse on Grey Street, stop playing certain songs in the same spots, etc.

Check
Quote:
Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 View Post
It's been two shows after nearly 1.5 years off. Ain't no need getting worried yet. Beside at this point if you have high expectations for htis band you're getting yourself setup for disappinment.

2/45 shows complete and people are saying this tour is fucked and that these shows weren't diverse enough is just...well par for the Ants course I guess. Ridiculous mindset, especially how tight they've sounded + a ton of the boxes checked that we as a hardcore fanbase have been demanding for years IN ONLY 2 shows.
I will when I can
Gravedigger789 is offline   Reply With Quote