Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - the (2021) summer so far
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2021, 09:23 AM   #48
jjc41

Shows Seen: 59

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Re: the (2021) summer so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalmers4three View Post
It crazy how the bands taping policy seems to be a double edge sword. I listened to the SiriusXM broadcast and loved it. I thought to myself “wow, what a great show!”. Then on my morning run this morning I decided to listen to SPAC 2004 show and thought to myself “wow, I would give anything to go back in time and see this show”. Not sure exactly what I’m trying to say….maybe it’s that it’s probably not fair to compare years but then again it’s hard not to compare years. Maybe we are really luck to witness the band change over time even if you don’t like the change. I’d love a repeat of the 2004 SPAC set list at the next show but I also have excepted we won’t get it no matter how much we bitch and complain. I also realize there is a pretty big chunk of the fan base that would prefer last nights set list over a 2004 SPAC.
I guess it depends on when you became a fan. I started going to shows in the mid 90's who used to make fun of the 40 something year old people there. Now i am that person!!!!! The band, sets and sound has evolved. Personally i would take an earlier years set to a later. You always got great songs although their catalog was not as big of course. I miss the days when this band was on top of the world, selling out 3 nights in a row at a football stadium. I think their ultimate was Central Park and seemed as if things changed (Everyday had a lot to do with that) Songs i heard back then were in regular rotation where now i am lucky to hear them. So i will continue to cherish however long they are in top form cause it will not last
jjc41 is offline   Reply With Quote