Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - *** Official Denver, CO 2022
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 12:20 AM   #56
credin

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 View Post
What if a big name artist were to make Red Rocks a residency for 10 dates? Could they make it worth it financially? Obviously Pearl Jam and DMB could sell out all 10 dates easily. There are acts that have made Vegas a residency, of course like Aerosmith that it must have been worth it and Billy Joel plays MSG all the time. If DMB during October of 2021 after the Gorge played a 10 date residency at Red Rocks, maybe they could bump up the price a tad make it worth DMB's while?
It comes down to a couple things. Pretty sure DMB does not want to do a ten night stand and pretty sure red rocks does not want to commit to a ten night stand. Its all about $$ and a ten night stand at red rocks is profitable but they can play 2 nights at fiddlers and probably walk away with almost the same amount of money. Plus 10 nights, what are they going to do play shake me 7 of the 10 nights. Its just too long in one town, even for red rocks. Its is not worth there time. I don't think it is about load in/out, it's about profit.
credin is offline   Reply With Quote