Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - I Can See Clearly Now video
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 10:11 AM   #12
jaymas9

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Re: I Can See Clearly Now video

Quote:
Originally Posted by alec View Post
What sounds more processed/edited than usual? Nothing jumping out to me as out of the ordinary other than a bit more reverb that is typically on his voice on DMB albums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodo36 View Post
I won't get into vocal processing discussions here. I've seen too many people not know wtf they're talking about, have only a CNN-styled knowledge of it, or just not have actual experience in doing the processing to talk eloquently about it. Yes, it's been processed. All vocals are processed these days, but they still can't fake vocal clarity or making a voice sound healthy without adding masking filters or shaping the sound differently - neither of which have occurred here. Reverb is added to everything in varying amounts and EQ is always affected somewhere along the way.

I was just getting at how Dave's voice sounds healthy in a way that would have been a jumping off point, not the end result, and how he didn't need to flip to his falsetto to hit a few of those notes as strongly as he did. Thanks Ants for reminding me why I only hang here intermittently.
Well said.