Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - New Album Coming in One Week!
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 07:00 AM   #6994
jwrice5

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: New Album Coming Soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elconguero View Post
“Some people like to smoke a bowl, some like a fat one. Some people do and some people don’t. It’s okay, it’s meant to be that way.” -DJM

I think it’s the best by far of the new tunes. But I love Last Stop, Minarets, Beauty of Wynonna, Drive in, Drive Out, What You Are, etc. so this is right in my wheelhouse. And I agree that it sounds familiar but it’s a step in a different direction that I really enjoy. Post chorus riff into verse is the coolest thing they have done in a while. Liking chorus vocals more and more every time I listen knowing they will be perfectly mixed on the album. Buddy does that high note Dave goes for in Squirm which he said was the most glorious sound he has ever made, or something like thaT, so you know he loves what Buddy is doing. Jeff is finally going nuts with two horns and people still need to find something to bitch about.

Ditch Windows and Ocean and the Butterfly and give me more of this hard, dark DMB. That is the DMB I love.

This.

Windows is what it is, and I don’t mind the song, but I don’t need it on an album. OATB can completely disappear and I’d be fine with that. I liked it the first few times Dave played it solo, but I do not like what the full band has done with it, at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jwrice5 is offline   Reply With Quote