Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Drunken Soldier
Thread: Drunken Soldier
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 04:09 AM   #433
Heyberto
My Man in Amsterdam

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Drunken Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartender_man View Post
Yeah I do remember that hype as well. As usual-OVER hyped. Just like the entire record.
Anything DMB does is going to be overhyped. The fan base has been disappointed in some capacity since 2001. So AFTW is no different than its predecessors in that regard.

I don't think DS is a masterpiece of music in the way we think of say Two Step or Last Stop.... But it's as "epic" (a word that I've come to despise it's so misused as a description for anything) as anything the band has released on an album since 2001. I quite like it, and it's a fantastic and fun studio song. I thinks it's so easy to try to analyze DMBs music, that we forget to just enjoy stuff sometimes.

I think a lot of this underscores the fact that DMB hasn't had a huge live song emerge from the catalog in a long time. Another Bartnder, Ants or DDTW. They need one. Hello Again could've been, but it's fizzled out of the live setting.