Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - ***Official Rank the AFTW Songs Thread***
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 04:37 PM   #46
Snoubort

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Rank the AFTW Songs Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexx View Post
I wrote this in the stream thread but I'll dump it here too.

1. drunken soldier - loved the last few minutes, reminds me of older stuff, can't wait to hear it live
2. the riff - wasn't in love with live versions, but studio was awesome. You can hear the quieter parts much better
3. broken things - love the vocal melodies, great chorus
4. snow outside - I feel like this one's a grower. Not big on the slide guitar, but I can see great potential. Boyd is great
5. sweet - it's beautiful. I've always liked it. If you didn't like it before this won't change your mind.
6. gaucho - Carter and Boyd are great, it's grown to be catchy to me
7. if only - like it better here than live, it's a little too slow to be fun live. I like what Boyd's playing at the end
8. belly full - Dave doesn't usually play like this, so it's a nice change. Will be a good E1, or a good intro to something else
9. rooftop - good, catchy, it will grow on me. Not big on the chorus
10. belly belly nice - sounds like Shake Me version 2. I think I like it better though, chorus is nice
11. mercy - Not bad, but I've never loved it. I was happy to put this last being that I don't hate it
exactly mine
Snoubort is offline   Reply With Quote