Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Was Alpine N1 Average for Current DMB?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 08:48 AM   #29
BruceW

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Was Alpine N1 Average for Current DMB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeyedfish8807 View Post
I don’t understand what was so great about last night. It looks like a cookie-cutter “greatest hits” setlist from any festival show 2008-2013.

There were no awful runs of songs, yeah. But it’s truly pathetic how THAT is the standard “fans” of this band now hold them to. “Well, half the show didn’t outright suck, so yeah AWESOME SETLIST”

For 2019, sure it’s above average. And that in itself is saying how much this band has tanked in the last 6 years.

How many times can you folks pay to hear grey st, dont drink and ants marching?? I just don’t get it. 20+ times each was enough for me in one lifetime. Greatest hits singles stopped getting me excited at shows long, long ago
YNK, ASTB > TM > WH opening run, Dr John cover with PHJB, The Maker sans guest, DDTW > Seek Up midset, Jane > Water/Wine, Two Step > Ants closing run. Maybe that's what people consider to be great? Also, Grey Street wasn't played last night, so I'm not really sure why you'd use that song in your argument. It'll get played tonight, but tonight is not the topic being discussed.
BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote