Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - iHeartRadio - INSIDE THE STUDIO - Interview
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 09:02 AM   #3
BringBackButchT

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Re: iHeartRadio - INSIDE THE STUDIO - Interview

Summary here, including Boyd stuff:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/steveba.../#3030013b1936

Quote:
On Tinsley Leaving And Buddy Strong Joining:

I think from the beginning we've been open to improvisation, to letting things go, but everything changes. I'd been struggling a bit with the band, with the sound of the band, or where we'd been going, and I think that's what led to Boyd stepping away. I think that bringing in Buddy Strong, there's this new ingredient that has changed all of us. And everyone changes. It's like, we're all looking at each other, thinking a whole different way.

MORE FROM FORBES
On Tinsley’s Departure:

There's been apprehension for a long time. I know the guys agree that Boyd certainly was a big part of the early part of the band, and it's remained because he's been there from the beginning, his powerful personality. He was there on stage, but, in rehearsals or in the studio his focus was really, it felt like to us, not in the room. And so, he was his own whirling dervish or his own storm, but that really worked beautifully sometimes. Other times it was very disoriented or seemed disconnected, and it was a frustration, and there was a lot of confrontation. But I'm a fiercely loyal person, and it took a long time for me to say, "Look, we need more from you. We need more focus on us." In that time when we're meant to be focusing on what we're doing, I've been having a really frustrating time getting to feel like he was putting in anything more than the bare minimum, and to get him to cop to that. That frustration, in combination with his own personal things led him to follow my advice and go to look after himself.
BringBackButchT is offline   Reply With Quote