Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - The Gorge Q&A and FAQs
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 02:12 PM   #905
laverwater

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The Gorge Q&A and FAQs

Not really sure why the other thread was locked, seeing as this is not DMB related, and would require Gorge experience outside of Labor Day Weekend.

Nonetheless, great questions. I haven't done separate concerts on the same weekend, so perhaps someone can help me out here, but can they really go and make any cars already there for JM leave if they don't have a JJ pass? Seems like a lot of work for such a large venue.

If not, I recommend getting the Mayer camping and just staying. If you aren't planning on arriving until after 3PM on the 21st, I'd just buy the Jack Johnson pass (I believe the campground typically opens at 3PM for shows the following day). If you show up sooner, I'd be surprised if they made you wait, if the campground is open already anyway.

Getting there at 4PM, you can probably get semi-unpacked and make it by showtime, but that's pushing it. If traffic is bad, it can make for a stressful time (have beers ready for the wait!). You'll also want as much time as you can get in that campground, so obviously the earlier the better.

If it's General camping, I'd say buy the earlier pass, and good luck to them tracking you down in there (unless it's two different roped off sections, in which case I'd just say move your car after it's parked or at night when they aren't enforcing). Terrace will have a much easier job policing, as there aren't many cars parked in terrace, but they still might not enforce it.
laverwater is offline   Reply With Quote