Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - DMB Madness Crowd-Sourced Bracket
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 09:16 AM   #23
grilldanmo

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Re: DMB Madness Crowd-Sourced Bracket

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
I get your point but I did have Little Thing #15 overall and consider that and An Another Thing all kind of one in the same
I'd've combined those as well as combining #36 & Everyday. I get that there are differences, but they are really just variations and/or evolutions of each other, regardless of how any of us feel about them. Rain Down on Me (John The Revelator) is a different from JTR, but it also shares parts and evolved into JTR. For me, despite having JTR as my #1, it's the LWS version that is the best...the current live version is still great, but not as good (slight de-evolution). Both, however, are far superior to Rain Down on Me/John The Revelator, but they're all variations on the same harmonic/melodic theme. As opposed to how So Right is clearly based on the Monkey Man riff, but the switch from acoustic to electric and the syncopation are the first steps to making it a completely different song.

Last edited by grilldanmo; 05-04-2020 at 09:19 AM.
grilldanmo is online now   Reply With Quote