Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Is Big Whiskey getting worse to anyone else?
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 05:41 AM   #72
TrueHoosier
exactly what you need

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Is Big Whiskey getting worse to anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothD41 View Post
yep, I know i'm in the minority on that one

pretty good song, nothing more nothing less.
Did your opinion change at all on LITHOG after seeing it live? That was a highlight for me. I loved the studio version tho, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMoore4075 View Post
It was getting old cause I was listening to it a lot and then I went to my first show in June and listened to the show a lot. Then I took a break and came back to it just before my last show a few weeks ago and it was just as good. Definately not getting worse for me. By this time in 05 I had stopped listening to Stand Up all together.
I listened to it a ton right when it came out, really really liked it, then took a break after the first month or so. I think more than anything I was relieved that it wasn't Stand Up II. I think, in retrospect, I held back a little in liking it just because I tried to like Stand Up so much at first, and I didn't want to like BW just because it was the new CD and not because the music was good.

That being said, I can confidently say BW >>>> ED >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SU, and I think I'll still feel that way years from now. It's still behind the Big 3 and tLWS for me, mainly because this band in 09 is leagues different than DMB in the mid to late 90s. I wish it was the same, but it's not. Jeff is great, but no one replaces Roi. We all know Dave has a much different songwriting perspective now, unfortunately. It's definitely nice to see Carter and Stefan return to form on the new album. All in all, BW is a great listen, and has gotten better over time for me, and I think most all the songs are at least decent, and most are better live.

My name is Adam