Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - 2007 Hollywood Bowl official thread!
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 08:38 AM   #123
MonkeyDigsDMB

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Re: 2007 Hollywood Bowl official thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapNorris View Post
Here's a question to keep this thread alive: What's the availability of cabs after a show at HB? I checked the Renaissance at Hollywood and Highland and that hotel is already booked for the weekend. I checked our second choice, the Riot Hyatt on Sunset, and it's already booked. They were booked the day after the tour dates came out, so Dave can't be the reason....something else must be going on in the area. Anyway, we've decided to stay at the Chateau Marmont, so we're probably going to need a cab. Maybe we'll get a visit from Belushi's ghost or maybe see a Paris/Lindsay cat fight in the lobby...either way we can't go wrong. But, back to my original question before the rambling, will there be cabs available after these shows?
In general, L.A. is not a hail a cab on the street kind of town. Having said that, there may actually be cabs waiting outside the venue, although I don't specifically recall seeing any. Your best best is when the show is over to call a cab company and meet the cab a few blocks south at Hollywood and Highland. That way, you're not waiting for the cab to navigate the mess of traffic on Highland by the Bowl. Any L.A. taxi company will do- Yellow, Bell Cab, etc.