Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Random dmb thoughts that don't need their own thread
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 10:42 AM   #11559
Cptn. Monkeyman
Shake those hands

Shows Seen: 44

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need their own thread

I hear a lot of similarities between "Kind Intentions" and "Me and Her". Not just the same key and basically the same chords, but also Boyd's approach. Besides the two songs sounding similar, there's a couple other things that make the two songs seem one in the same to me.

1. The infamous Kind Intentions soundcheck jam from 2.5.94 was played at the Georgia Theater in Athens, GA. The very next time the band played at the Georgia Theater in Athens (April 5th and 6th of 1994) they played this song dubbed "Me and Her" by the fans. As stated earlier, I think the songs sound remarkably similar, although some differences.

2. Kind Intentions disappeared after that and was only teased once more in 2001.

So it seems possible to me that after this soundcheck from Athens got out into circulation, the band shortened the song up and played it live the next time they were in Athens as a nod to the tape. The song then died shortly after, seeing how there aren't any other examples of soundchecks or performances of either Kind Intentions or Me and Her after April of '94.

This is just a theory, the two songs could be entirely unrelated and it could just be coincidence.
Cptn. Monkeyman is offline   Reply With Quote