Antsmarching.org Forums - View Single Post - Guests - the best live versions of songs donít feature guests, except...
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 01:38 AM   #72
Xcacel

Shows Seen: 11

Guests - the best live versions of songs donít feature guests, except...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcsulla View Post
Warren was always amazing on Cortez - at CP the place was going absolutely nuts for that one.

That show was crazy, we didn't think they could top the year before with Bela and BVJ but wow was that a great show even if the lunch ladies drove the crowd nutty at times by wailing on and on seemingly forever.

6-10-97 at Jones Beach - Seek Up with Bela and Popper was nuts, easily the best I ever saw.

2-24-95 at Roseland - Watchtower with Popper and Trey, that venue was small and it felt like the place was going to fall over the fans were so into it and that place was as loud as seeing an insane Halloween at MSG during an early 2000's winter tour. I have seen so many guests on Watchtower it is amazing but this was head and shoulders above any other version I know of.

9-2-95 at the Meadows they did a Rhyme and Reason with David Ryan Harris that was crazy, they just nailed that. In fact any of those shows with DRH from summer/fall 1995 are great listens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn. Monkeyman View Post
I like your taste. Also, jealous you saw so many great shows!

Apart from the ones already mentioned, Lcsulla has seen so many shows with incredible guests. Check out his TourStats:

Guests Seen (Lcsulla]

Butch Taylor35
Rashawn Ross14
Brenda9
Tawatha9
Cindy7
Bela Fleck4
Eric Krasno3
Jeff Coffin3
John Popper3
Robert Randolph3
Warren Haynes3
Xavier Rudd3
David Ryan Harris2
Eugenia2
Tim Reynolds2
Trey Anastasio2
Benny Rietveld1
Big Voice Jack Lerole1
Buddy Miller1
Carlos Santana1
Chester Thompson1
Dickie Betts1
Dionne Farris1
Emmylou Harris1
Great Southern1
Karl Perazzo1
Mike Doughty1
Neil Young1
Sam Kininger1

At this point I am jealous too

Last edited by Xcacel; 06-16-2021 at 01:43 AM.
Xcacel is offline   Reply With Quote