Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2021, 07:01 PM   #110
willndmb

Shows Seen: 105

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Re: I ask this honestly - What was the last, great show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceBuckley View Post
I'd love to hear from you or anyone who went to a lot of shows in '98, '00, and maybe '08-present, if there have been incredibly great shows at the level of '98 & '00, what are a few examples and why?

And for those saying Central Park, no one can argue that it wasn't a milestone show, that big an audience, Central Park, and great performances of the songs they played. But for anyone at that and say maybe also MSG or Worcester '98 shows, and Hartford '00 shows, or whichever shows you most value pre-Central Park, what makes Central Park *actually* the possible apex show outside of location & audience size?
Imo there are not shows from 08 on that are on the same level of 98-00 simply because they include songs/performances that are not great.
That said, there have been shows I really enjoyed and the number of duds was minimal.

If 98-00 are 10’s the best 08 on I have seen is 8

Not that it will happen but I would be curious to see a show with only big 3/LWS with this lineup and then compare how the energy, flow and everything is
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote