Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Who Do You Prefer for DMB: Roi or Jeff
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2021, 01:35 AM   #44
Xcacel
Huge Carter's fan

Shows Seen: 22

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Who Do You Prefer for DMB: Roi or Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcsulla View Post
Not sure why this thread was reported but whatever, all good and I can toss my two cents in for whatever they are worth.

I believe Jeff in the better musician but Roi was an exceptional musician himself and just an all around good guy. Maybe 15 years ago we were up in Hartford for a two night stand, the morning of the second show some friends and I were walking to snag breakfast. A buddy turns to us and says something like 'Shit, that is Roi walking right towards us.' We stopped for a moment on the sidewalk and complimented the show the prior night and he was thankful and signed some stubs for us but it was clear he was in a rush so we said our goodbyes.

Couple hours later we are sitting at a table in the Crown Plaza and out of the blue Roi walks in, notices us and heads directly over to our table and sits. He explained that it was fathers day and he had plans with family and friends who came in for the weekend. He sat with us for a while just chatting about random stuff then gave us all a drum stick saying it was great to hang out with us chatting about stuff other than DMB or music - just normal chat! Then when our tab came a while later when we were ready to hoof it to the Meadows for the show it had been taken care of by Roi who left us backstage passes with the hotel bartender.

That is what kind of a guy Roi was, not just an amazing musician but a kind and generous man who made an impact on millions of lives.

That is such a cool story, Lucsulla, you guys have been so lucky to hang out with Roi. The amazing thing of the story is that Roi remembered you and wanted to catch up for the time he didn’t have before. What a great person. Also he gave you backstage passes, man! Do you have any photo of that moment to share?