Antsmarching.org Forums - View Single Post - Random dmb thoughts that don't need their own thread
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 08:12 PM   #11815
jwrice5

Shows Seen: 43

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need their own thread

Quote:
<div class="pre-quote">
Quote de <strong>jwrice5</strong>
</div>

<div class="post-quote">
<div style="font-style:italic">I’ll admit I was in this camp too, but I no longer agree that CT is an incohesive album. Each song is a “love” song for either his wife or kids. Within that there is a call for unity and understanding in most songs.<br>
<br>
I’m being hyperbolic, but in terms of a cohesive, connected collection of songs, CT is damn near a concept album — a love letter to his family.<br>
<br>
The older I get, and as my wife and I watch our kids grow, I can really appreciate a lot of what CT is trying to do.</div>
</div>It can be wholly thematic while also being an absolute trainwreck of a finished product.
The consistent themes make it cohesive. But people talk about it like it is a collection of completely random snippets of music.

Now production-wise, I agree that it is largely a train wreck. And my appreciation for what it was trying to be doesn’t mean I love the album, but it still gets some play around here.
jwrice5 is offline   Reply With Quote