Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - ***Official Irvine 2009 Tour Thread***
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 05:36 PM   #814
davet7462
AM.org Twitter User

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Irvine 2009 Tour Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewdaves187 View Post
I haven't seen any comments about Switchfoot's set, I really enjoyed their stuff they played. The leading singer has his own sound but I couldn't help but notice he has a little Chris Martin thing going on some of his songs. I was cracking up when he jumped down off the stage and walked up the isle singing and playing his harmonica a really classy thing to do I thought. Anyone else having anything to add about Switchfoot?
I went in planning on hating Switchfoot. Didn't really know their music - but the fact they were labeled a 'Christian Rock' group just didn't set well with me.

However - once they started - I actually really enjoyed them. Not saying I'd go out of my way to see them headline somewhere - but they were really fun to watch and I thought they did a great job in their sets (both Chula and Irvine).

On a side note - I've really had great luck with the openers this year. I liked the Avett Brothers in Phoenix, Mraz in Vegas, Umphrey's in Alpine, and Switchfoot over the weekend.

Beats the hell out of Robert Earl Keen!
davet7462 is offline   Reply With Quote