Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Is Big Whiskey getting worse to anyone else?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 08:37 PM   #27
jaymas9

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Is Big Whiskey getting worse to anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothD41 View Post
sure it is....Lillywhite pushed them and wasn't satisfied with anything short of perfect. You could say that's why the band parted ways with him, but that's not really the issue her.

I think Cavallo did a good job with DMB, he definitely got them back on the right track....he just didn't do as good as Lillywhite did with them in the 90s.
But still saying this is based off a lot of assumption. I don't doubt Lillywhite pushed them but to imply he pushed them better than Cavallo and that's why the old music is better is kind of silly don't you think. It may be they were just better at creating songs back then. I think with a good producer, they can make a good record, and I don't think Ballard or Batson was right for them, but I think this board really places too much stock in quality of the songs at their core on a producer. Plus I think it was pretty evident they busted their asses on this one. Also I think it we should be giving Rob more than one album as a sample space of judgement. If they go back in with him sometime in the future, I fully expect it to turn out better than Big Whiskey.