Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Is Big Whiskey getting worse to anyone else?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 08:03 PM   #15
jaymas9

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Is Big Whiskey getting worse to anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothD41 View Post
I placed it just above Everyday and miles behind the Big 3 on June 2, and I still feel the same. It's a solid listen, a pretty good album but it is certainly nothing spectacular. It proves that DMB can still make a pretty good album, but not sure if they will be able to make a great album again unless they work with Lillywhite or someone comparable.

I enjoy Baby Blue, Squirm, Alligator Pie, Why I Am, and Seven. The rest of them are either decent to me (LITOG, Shake Me, Spaceman, Time Bomb) or pretty much trash to me (Dive In, Funny, You and Me).

Just my opinion.
That is not why this album is only pretty good to you. Rob's work as a producer on this record is damn good. He obviously played a huge role in refocusing them, as they couldn't even make a pretty good record for a long time. So either your problem is with the quality of these songs at the core, or it is a pretty good album and they are starting to pick up a head of steam again. Their aren't really any glaring production issues.