Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - updating the home page
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 10:16 PM   #37
ExistenceNow
AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Re: updating the home page

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGIG15 View Post
To be fair, I always appreciated the ability to digest an entire piece of news from a post on the homepage without needing to backread an entire thread to aggregate disparate bits of info myself. It's the difference between collecting breadcrumbs (often colored by inflammatory user opinion) vs the whole loaf of bread. I dunno, I just think there's something to be said about accommodating more than one type of user experience.
I feel ya. I can't speak for Matt and Joe, but I'm guessing the front page drive by user just isn't someone they're interested in catering to anymore. I was that user for the first few years of the site, so again, I understand that POV. But again, that's just not the nature of message boards in 2021. See: Reddit.

Quote:
On another note, I'm someone who loves (and misses) the podcast. I like editorial work! And I know I'm not alone. There's a reason virtually every news publication out there has an Opinion section. I like to hear about this stuff from those select few who are both in the know, and who have a deep sense of the band's past to contextualize the news of present and future happenings.

Just my two cents...
I enjoy the podcast as well. I know both of those guys (Joe much moreso than Matt) and it's a fun listen. I imagine it will come back when shows do.

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 04-09-2021 at 10:20 PM.
ExistenceNow is offline   Reply With Quote