Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Trying to remember a recording
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 10:44 PM   #8
crounsa810

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Trying to remember a recording

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunz View Post
Mods- Hoping this is in the right spot. Apologies if not, and feel free to move if warranted.

I used to have a massive collection of b&p’s with some super cool gems in there. I’m talking crates full. I now regret it but about 10 years ago I gave them all away to a fan who was just getting into it.

Anyway, 2 particular recordings have been entering my thoughts lately and I’d like to track them down. The problem is, I can’t remember a set list or what years they were from. The only things I remember for certain (at least I think) is that the first one was a short set of songs performed on the radio. Maybe 5-7 songs. I want to say that the last two or 3 songs were just Dave and Roi. Or they were the first couple before other members got there. I don’t think carter or Boyd performed. It was just a few members of the band I think- I definitely remember just Dave and roi on at least a song. Roi played a beautiful sax solo. Very early 90’s I believe.

The second was Dave and Boyd performing a set of songs together at what I believe was a movie store. Very early 90’s I believe.

I know there is a lot of rambling in this thread but I’d so much like to revisit these recordings so I thought I would share my thoughts in hopes to track them down.

Thank you
I feel like the first one sounds like it could be live at Yoshis? If it was a radio show, check 1995 on the almanac.