Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - R.I.P. Leroi Moore.
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2021, 09:43 PM   #3700
Lcsulla
Black Hawks Matter

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: R.I.P. Leroi Moore.

I know I have mentioned this before in here but for those who didn't see it I will tell you what a great guy he was. In Hartford say 17 or so years ago 2 friends and I were walking down the street from our hotel to snag breakfast and walked into Roi. I did not have my night 1 stub with me but he signed those my friends had on them. We started talking about what a great show they put on the previous night and he thanked us for our kind words but clearly wanted to get out of there so we said nice to see you again and all of us bolted. Couple hours later we were in the hotel bar hours before the show, Roi walks into the hotel (band was staying at the same one as we were) - sees us in the bar and walks over all apologetic. He explained he was in a rush to meet people for Fathers day then sat with us, chatted for a while, signed what we had, gave us backstage passes and then picked up our tab. Just a great wonderful man whom I dearly miss after hanging out having drinks with him after shows numerous times. Just thought some of the newer fans would enjoy that story t hat shows what kind of a guy Roi was!