Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - ***Official Alpharetta 2020 Thread***
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 09:12 PM   #117
dmbatl93

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Alpharetta 2020 Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw_ View Post
Have two full days in Atlanta/Alpharetta. Anyone recommend best area to stay in? First time here. Will have a car.
Stay in either Sandy Springs or Midtown. I know there's some distance between the two. It'll come down to what you want to do/see. If you're looking for the aquarium, Coke museum, etc stay in midtown. If you just want inexpensive, safer place, stay in Sandy Springs.

Midtown: Much better food, more tourist attractions and close to downtown (DONT STAY DOWNTOWN). Tuesday won't be a bad traffic day, but keep in mind it probably will add 30 minutes to your commute to the venue.

If you stay here, I'd suggest eating at the Vortex, Antico Pizza, J.R. Crickets (if you want wings - get lemon pepper wet. order anything else and I'd be disappointed), or The Optimist.

Sandy Springs: More of a suburban feel, still very busy, but (arguably) safer and definitely closer to venue. If you stay here, eat at Rumi's Kitchen or Kaiser Chophouse. Parking likely won't cost you anything at the Hotel you stay in

You'll pay more in Midtown, but much much more to do. Do Sandy Springs if you want to save money and get in and out quick.

Side note: if you can get to Heirloom BBQ, Sweet Aurburn BBQ, or GrindHouse Burgers, do it!
dmbatl93 is offline   Reply With Quote