Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - *** Official Denver, CO 2022
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2020, 06:38 PM   #48
Sniper15

Shows Seen: 115

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useliteski View Post
RR is tiny, but i had no idea it was a venue where once you hit a certain crowd number you just say fuck it. I've seen some bands there who could easily sell out amphitheaters, and have. interesting.
Most people aren't willing to do their job for significantly less money in a slightly nicer office. Rock A-listers like Petty are the exception to the rule. Look at the Red Rocks calendar each summer and you never see bands like: DMB, Pearl Jam, Coldplay, U2, the Chili Peppers, Radiohead, Fleetwood Mac, Foo Fighters, Springsteen, Green Day, Phish and Dead & Company on the calendar. Bands lionize Red Rocks but once they graduate to larger venues, they almost never come back and take less money for the opportunity to play there. Top tier artist could obviously advocate for Red Rocks bookings but they don't because they want to maximize their profits at every tour stop. Fans like to romanticize venues but to the artist it's a business. DMB won't be back at Red Rocks until they start drawing less than 9k at their Pepsi Center or Fiddlers shows.