Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Official Tour Name: Sweet Chicken
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 06:11 PM   #68574
JCpatriot66

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Official Tour Name: Sweet Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgefan36 View Post
Oh, I totally would.

so I went out to the air force base nearby, because i had to get a new ID card, so when I was done, I stopped by the Family Programs office, because Mary, the Family Readiness Coordinator for this side of the state is the same lady that organizes the camp I volunteer at, and she's pretty much my mom-away-from-mom.

(FYI - the Washington Air National Guard is crazy and tight-knit. Everybody knows everybody else, or has been married to somebody else, or divorced from somebody who's married to somebody else... everyone's in everybody else's business. It's crazy.)

Anyways, I've been hanging out with one of the other counselors from camp lately. We went and saw a movie on saturday, and we ran into a couple of junior counselors that were leaving while we were going in, which I didn't think was a big deal, until Mary asked me, "So.. what's going on with Tink (me) and Trinket (him)?" Apparently we're juicy gossip.

So then she started egging me on, asking me what I thought, if I really think he's going to move down to Portland, is there anything there, etc., etc., when his MOM comes in, who I had never officially met before. That was sort of awkward. She asked me if I was the one he was going to hang out with all the time, and I said "yes.... that's me.." and then she asked if he pays. And he does, so I said "Sure does! You did a good job!" So then she asks me if he holds open doors, because that's what she has really been trying to teach him, but I'm not that observant, so I jokingly told her I would check next time and report back. Then, because there's this weird rumor going around that my mom doesn't like her, like and idiot I said "My mom doesn't not like you! Just... so you know." and she didn't really know what I was talking about, and said that there were two Toni's, (one of which is my mom) and people get them mixed up, and her and my mom get along great. And then she leaves, and Mary says to me, "Good to see you're getting along with your future mother-in-law!" along with a few other random comments.

And then to top it all off, about 3 minutes after I get off the base, he texts me and says "so... you talked to my mom?"

It was awkward, embarassing, and would have been totally hilarious.... if it hadn't happened to me.
You're wrong. It happened to you, and it's totally hilarious.
JCpatriot66 is offline   Reply With Quote