Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   best version of LIE in our graves (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46346)

QUAF69 01-30-2003 11:54 PM

best version of LIE in our graves
 
need some really good versions....but with a good boyd violin solo..no sax

Thanx

goirishnd23@aol 01-30-2003 11:59 PM

5/19/01
5/18/02

all i can think of right now

mrottondo 01-31-2003 12:00 AM

5-20-98 with Bela, best version ever

12-19-98 LIC's is great too, i love watching the video of it from time to time, Tim rocks

theBLINDmelon 01-31-2003 12:19 AM

6.10.97 Jones Beach

Featuring Bela and I believe John Popper plays as well.
Not too sure about the violin part though.

Trippin4136 01-31-2003 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by theBLINDmelon
6.10.97 Jones Beach

Featuring Bela and I believe John Popper plays as well.
Not too sure about the violin part though.

Bela Fleck I believe is just on LIOG. But Popper and Bela are definitely on Seek Up.

Hokiesfan425 01-31-2003 12:40 AM

anybody know the date on a version with the "always on my mind" interpolation?

garrett

pelamelo 01-31-2003 12:47 AM

4/26/02 was awesome...long Boyd solo plus a Butch solo which kinda adds to the music...

azappa01 01-31-2003 01:33 AM

4.10.02 is a MUST at the FU center in philly......please, do yourself a favor and get 4.10.02, I was there.....I literally shat myself when boyd's solo came.up in LIOG....carter took it to a level that was extreme!
trust me here......tell me what ya think when ya get to hear it
peace

Rdedeian 01-31-2003 01:44 AM

4.8.02, not just because I was there, it just was an awesome version of LIOG

TwoStone41 01-31-2003 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hokiesfan425
anybody know the date on a version with the "always on my mind" interpolation?

garrett

7/9/99. Another good one.

antsmarchin 01-31-2003 03:14 AM

The best lie in our graves, i would think

8-26-01

Other ones to check out are
5-19-01
8-29-00
7-28-00
7-21-00
7-15-00
6-24-00-->Drink milk love life
6-21-98
6-11-01
7-7-01
4-19-02
5-4-02

Those are the ones that stand out the most, might be my second fav song, just love boyds solo, first song being grey street...for sure check out those ones, you will thank me later

DMBMike36 01-31-2003 04:02 AM

no one will ever say it b/c its not at a show where lots of people nor was the show that great (and yes i'm bas b/c i was there) but the 6.3.99 version at Star Lake was the one that got me hooked on DMB. I've heard lots of versions of that song but thats the only one i know that dave makes up some improv lyrics before they come back from the break (not to say its the only time, just know only one i know of). Certainly not the best one (get one with Trey or Bela) but certainly a underated never talked about version.

pkpro1 01-31-2003 11:35 AM

6-11-01, 8-11-02

g_strange 01-31-2003 11:39 AM

7-7-01 and 4-19-02 are good.

reads 01-31-2003 11:40 AM

Any version in my opinion. LIOGs kicks so much ass. Just my opinion though. :D

Brad_Ny 01-31-2003 12:04 PM

I'm shocked nobody mentioned 11-9-96

Christopher 01-31-2003 12:09 PM

I would vote 6.11.01

The matrix that is out with the soundboard and Brown's recording is excellent and Boyd plays along with Butch very well; they echo each other for several parts of the jam. It sounds amazing.

twostepr41 01-31-2003 12:15 PM

I SECOND THE ENTRY OF 8.11.02 DEER CREEK. At one point, Boyd was marhing across the stage, was in front of Carter and did a one leg 360 while sawing his violin in half. One of the best concert moments I've had. When he did that, the crowd roared as loud as I have ever heard one.

g_strange 01-31-2003 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Brad_Ny
I'm shocked nobody mentioned 11-9-96

Good call. I love the Dave vocals during the jam.

LindsayRose 01-31-2003 02:43 PM

4-19-02

scoot_14 01-31-2003 03:06 PM

My favorite is the first night at foxboro in 2001 (6-16-01).

But LIOG is one of those songs that most of the time people come back from the show and say "that was the best LIOG ever! Boyd owned that song!"

Fruvous 01-31-2003 03:22 PM

4/13/02 Butch owned it for this one....

FPrefect61 01-31-2003 04:02 PM

6/11/01 and 9/18/00 are two of my favs.

Butch's solo on 6/11 is so melodic and deep
Bela on 9/18 always made me smile too. :)

^MaLaKaS^ 01-31-2003 04:08 PM

I have not heard this live yet and I hope I do in the future. Everytime I hear it on a show, I say to myself, "I really want to hear this live someday."

timmyt23 01-31-2003 04:13 PM

Best LIOGs
 
8-1-99
Nissan Pavillion

mmm...good

moe.ron 01-31-2003 04:20 PM

I am not sure of the date i think 5-15-01 maybe dont quote me on that. It is with trey anastasio guesting. It is so amazing how it builds until everyone is just jamming. The great part about it was that trey didn't really take it over like most guests do he fit right in and him and boyd were jamming at the same time.

Parker 01-31-2003 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by antsmarchin
The best lie in our graves, i would think

8-26-01


there is no way any song from that show can be the best version ever. Dave is ridiculously sick during that show. he can hardly hit any notes, i have the show but i rarely listen to it. i understand that LIOG is mostly music, not voice, but no way the best ever.

i would say the best LIOG is off Live in Chicago. such damn good work on the violin. maybe 6.8.97 could be better with bela there. no boyd solo, bela takes that part. diferent sound but amazing.

bbbohn 01-31-2003 06:12 PM

HaHaHa, where to start. This is the reason why I like DMB, how I got started in downloading DMB, why I download so much DMB. I figure that you have the versions of LIOG from Live At Red Rocks and Live In Chicago, both of these are cool little examples. In my opinion, the little jewels to a DMB show pop up frequently in the LIOG jams so here are my top whatever because this is what I can come up with off the top of my head right now in chronological order...

1. 12/26/96 Lawrence Joel Coliseum, Winston-Salem, NC - I believe it's the first time Bela Fleck ever guested with DMB, can't confirm this
2. 6/8/97 Meadows Music Theatre, Hartford, Connecticut - the cut that caused me to fall in love with the band
3. 6/10/97 Jones Beach Amphitheatre, Wantagh, New York - similar to 6/8/97, goes with a whole group of LIOGs from June of '97
4. Fall 1998 - specifically 11/28/98 Greensboro Coliseum, Greensboro, NC - Personally my favorite cut, I've listened to this over a 100 times and still fall in love with it every time
5. 12/3/98 - MSG, NY, NY - in the fall 98 group but stands out
6. 12/7/98 - Worcester Centrum, Worcester, Massachusetts - ends the main set, awesome jam, maybe the longest I've come across
7. 9/13/00 - The Woodlands Pavilion, The Woodlands, TX - really chill jam that not only includes Bela, but I was there :), another long one that just jammed from Boyd to Bela to Butch
8. 5/19/01 - PacBell Park, San Francisco, CA - Trey Anastasio tears it up on this one, truly Timmah-esk
9. 4/19/02 - Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON Canada - The Bela jam for 2002 on LIOG, found a video of this one somewhere which makes it even more real
10. 5/4/02 - The Woodlands Pavilion, The Woodlands, TX - LIOG closer, nothing like and "And we dance away..." at the end of an awesome, well played show

These are just 10 specific shows - some of my favorites, there are plenty in this category of great DMB jams. There are some shows where Dave's giddy too and just does his voice improve towards the end of the jam too which are cool as well (6/3/99 Starlake Amphitheatre, Burgettstown, Pennsylvania). Hope this helps...

TimButchnBela 01-31-2003 07:07 PM

I second 8/26/01...Dave's voice was shot, but that adds to the uniqueness of it, I think...any downfall that comes from Daves voice is made up by Boyd tearing it up and a beautiful Butch solo that lots of people say put Carter in tears...I have the video and you can see Carter signal to under his eye after they are done, like he was crying..."that was a deep motherfucker" he says on the IEM....

Heyberto 01-31-2003 07:25 PM

Don't know if this is the best version... but

7-12-02
Charlotte


Boyd is wailing on his solo.. starts to lose his shades... stops mid jam.. snatches 'em off, throws 'em down on the stage, then picks the jam back up and ******** Mashes it! You know when it happens b/c around the 4 minute mark on Fulton's pull, Boyd suddenly stops for a few seconds .. then starts back as the crowd goes nuts. I think its an excellent version overall. I also saw the Atlanta show a few nights before.. and in retrospect, you could just feel that LIOG wasn't as good in Atlanta as it was in Charlotte... Boyd was ON the night of 7-12... I've never seen him as into it as he was that night.

thegreatr1 01-31-2003 07:35 PM

I would have to say 7-15-00. First time I saw it live, and I was in awe.

Tenorion78 01-31-2003 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by antsmarchin
4-19-02
also 12/16/02 was good

Flschbrger 01-31-2003 10:37 PM

I really like 6.11.01 LIOG. Too bad it gets overshadowed by an overrated Two Step

Acester25 01-31-2003 10:59 PM

I second 6-8-97. In that version Bela starts his solo and rips it the whole way through. Best flowing LIOG ever in my opinion.

gryspn41 02-01-2003 04:02 PM

Nobody has brought up the 7/19/00 LIOG in the Rain at RFK in Washington, D.C.
That version is awesome, but I was at the 5/4/02 show and that version was a damn good closer.

Roger

scottmckenna3 09-03-2006 09:41 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
4. Fall 1998 - specifically 11/28/98 Greensboro Coliseum, Greensboro, NC - Personally my favorite cut, I've listened to this over a 100 times and still fall in love with it every time

scottmckenna3 09-03-2006 09:42 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
YES! Don't know who this is...but -> I am in full agreement of this take. Please e-mail. scottmckenna3@yahoo.com

Literally, you just made my day. the 11/28/98 version is above and beyond any other version ever played. Without question. Boyd & Bela. EPIC!

willthethrill 09-03-2006 11:58 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbohn
HaHaHa, where to start. This is the reason why I like DMB, how I got started in downloading DMB, why I download so much DMB. I figure that you have the versions of LIOG from Live At Red Rocks and Live In Chicago, both of these are cool little examples. In my opinion, the little jewels to a DMB show pop up frequently in the LIOG jams so here are my top whatever because this is what I can come up with off the top of my head right now in chronological order...

1. 12/26/96 Lawrence Joel Coliseum, Winston-Salem, NC - I believe it's the first time Bela Fleck ever guested with DMB, can't confirm this
2. 6/8/97 Meadows Music Theatre, Hartford, Connecticut - the cut that caused me to fall in love with the band
3. 6/10/97 Jones Beach Amphitheatre, Wantagh, New York - similar to 6/8/97, goes with a whole group of LIOGs from June of '97
4. Fall 1998 - specifically 11/28/98 Greensboro Coliseum, Greensboro, NC - Personally my favorite cut, I've listened to this over a 100 times and still fall in love with it every time
5. 12/3/98 - MSG, NY, NY - in the fall 98 group but stands out
6. 12/7/98 - Worcester Centrum, Worcester, Massachusetts - ends the main set, awesome jam, maybe the longest I've come across
7. 9/13/00 - The Woodlands Pavilion, The Woodlands, TX - really chill jam that not only includes Bela, but I was there :), another long one that just jammed from Boyd to Bela to Butch
8. 5/19/01 - PacBell Park, San Francisco, CA - Trey Anastasio tears it up on this one, truly Timmah-esk
9. 4/19/02 - Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON Canada - The Bela jam for 2002 on LIOG, found a video of this one somewhere which makes it even more real
10. 5/4/02 - The Woodlands Pavilion, The Woodlands, TX - LIOG closer, nothing like and "And we dance away..." at the end of an awesome, well played show

These are just 10 specific shows - some of my favorites, there are plenty in this category of great DMB jams. There are some shows where Dave's giddy too and just does his voice improve towards the end of the jam too which are cool as well (6/3/99 Starlake Amphitheatre, Burgettstown, Pennsylvania). Hope this helps...

Hell of a post. THAT LIOG is insane. The crowd is nuts and Bela is the best I've heard him on that song. Banjo chords right after the girl screams in the tape is uhhhhnbelievable. That is one of "those" moments for me in a song.

twostep721 09-04-2006 12:05 AM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
12.7.98.Best.Version.

darbini 09-04-2006 12:07 AM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by QUAF69
need some really good versions....but with a good boyd violin solo..no sax

Thanx


Any versions considered really good are with a sax solo, not the violin 3 note gangbang on speed.

willthethrill 09-04-2006 12:09 AM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by darbini
Any versions considered really good are with a sax solo, not the violin 3 note gangbang on speed.

Boyd-hate much?

crashintonickdm 09-04-2006 12:29 AM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
4/10/02 - loudest arena crowd ive ever heard
8/6/06 - bela fleck is the man.

darbini 09-04-2006 12:50 AM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by willthethrill
Boyd-hate much?


no, none whatsoever, it's just that LIOG was meant for a sax solo, I would rather listen to Boyd on Billies or SayGoodbye.


And Parker,
LIOG's violin solo from Live in Chicago was overdubbed/re-recorded in the studio so it wouldn't even smell like it tasted. Might want to rethink that #1 LIOG's now huh.

chr35919 09-04-2006 12:53 AM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
2-19-1996.

trippinchad 09-04-2006 08:29 AM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrottondo
5-20-98 with Bela, best version ever

12-19-98 LIC's is great too, i love watching the video of it from time to time, Tim rocks

:thumbsup :thumbsup 2 good ones

Pig17 09-04-2006 10:46 AM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Greatest LIOG of all time, D&T 4.3.03. This is the best solo I have ever heard from Tim or rather anybody on LIOG. Simply amazing and the reason why I went out and bought a delay pedal the next day! :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

magic stuff 03-02-2011 08:26 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
5-19-01

just found this! http://listen.grooveshark.com/s/Lie+...s/3pJAFi?src=5

i'm gonna work on making a matrix of this cuz it's by far my favorite LIOG

ProudMonkey65 03-02-2011 08:27 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Love the LT18 version.. Has some great Davespeak along with it.

JustinC83 03-02-2011 08:35 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by magic stuff (Post 12346570)
5-19-01

just found this! http://listen.grooveshark.com/s/Lie+...s/3pJAFi?src=5

i'm gonna work on making a matrix of this cuz it's by far my favorite LIOG

You got stones posting that.

cubguy25 03-02-2011 08:42 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
LT 7 is my favorite

magic stuff 03-02-2011 08:45 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinC83 (Post 12346594)
You got stones posting that.

sorry if i'm not supposed to, but it's not downloadable.

thehammer316 03-02-2011 08:59 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
9/15/2007

ROIforever 03-02-2011 10:40 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Live trax 7 with Bella does it for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Live in Chicago is a close second;)

whyiam34 03-02-2011 10:54 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
is there a list of IEM shows out there? just curious not looking to download

daveshookme 03-02-2011 11:00 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
8.15.10's wasn't anything GREAT, but the 'wonderful tonight' interpolation is pretty bitchin

cubsfan 03-02-2011 11:05 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
What's the consensus on the album version? They did a great job on it, imo. Could have easily been fucked up in the studio, but the did very well.

Seek#41Up 03-02-2011 11:08 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pkpro1 (Post 495359)
6-11-01, 8-11-02

Great underrated LIOG

moosicmaniac 03-03-2011 07:24 AM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by darbini (Post 4960693)

LIOG's violin solo from Live in Chicago was overdubbed/re-recorded in the studio so it wouldn't even smell like it tasted. Might want to rethink that #1 LIOG's now huh.

This is, and likely will be, my biggest disappointment regarding DMB.

bartender_man 03-03-2011 07:34 AM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
6/8/97 is great!

Oh and for anyone who ain't heard this, it's on dmbstream. Go listen! :)

Jan-Willem 03-03-2011 07:36 AM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
LIOG's worst with a long Boyd (and Bruce) solo. It should be no longer than 10 minutes with a sax and/or guitar solo.

bartender_man 03-03-2011 07:38 AM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan-Willem (Post 12347549)
LIOG's worst with a long Boyd (and Bruce) solo. It should be no longer than 10 minutes with a sax and/or guitar solo.

You might want to edit...

JustinC83 03-03-2011 08:34 AM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan-Willem (Post 12347549)
It should be no longer than 10 minutes

Every LIOG over 10 minutes disagrees with you

MGH4007 03-03-2011 08:39 AM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
I am bias, but Saratoga with Trey.

Gorge 02 is pretty killer, but I like Butch and those longer jazzier jams.

milo420dmb 03-03-2011 09:00 AM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
^ came into say 8.14.07 SPAC

mr. testaverde 03-03-2011 09:26 AM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cubsfan (Post 12347089)
What's the consensus on the album version? They did a great job on it, imo. Could have easily been fucked up in the studio, but the did very well.

studio version is awesome. :bounce

i started reading this thread on page 1, and i couldnt help but think "wow no one is voting for anything past 2003, dont they realize there are some great versions after that year?" then i looked at the post dates and realized its a super old thread lol

my vote is for 9/11/05. great version

jammasterjustin 03-03-2011 10:45 AM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
live trax 10 has always been my favorite. Carter absolutely lights up the jam, it's amazing. however, i usually skip the butch solo

cpxc. 03-03-2011 11:11 AM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
listening to the 6/8/97 show

holy four song run

Lie in Our Graves
Seek Up
Two Step
#41

freedomcry41 03-03-2011 11:23 AM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Too many to even begin but the 7.2.05 from SPAC was top notch.

...or maybe it was because I was so happy to hear a non-Stand Up song that summer, but it's still a great version

crashintonickdm 03-03-2011 12:57 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
5/22/99 with bela fleck

JustinC83 03-03-2011 02:31 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpxc. (Post 12347974)
listening to the 6/8/97 show

holy four song run

Lie in Our Graves
Seek Up
Two Step
#41

All with Bela too, which I think makes it even better. That Two Step is awesome, he is great on it.

That #41 is Jeff's first time ever playing with the band.

Strangely enough Rashawn's first time guesting was in Hartford too and now they are both members

jakesomedevil41 03-03-2011 02:39 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
8/8/07. boyd is phenomenal.

crashintonickdm 03-03-2011 02:43 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Ones without the "reprise" are disqualified from being greatest ever imo

thehammer316 03-03-2011 02:49 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by crashintonickdm (Post 12348588)
Ones without the "reprise" are disqualified from being greatest ever imo

We finally agree on something! AND...it's NOT a fucking Reprise! :thumbsup (Nice use of quotes)

LJF515 03-03-2011 03:37 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by crashintonickdm (Post 12348588)
Ones without the "reprise" are disqualified from being greatest ever imo

I fully support this post.

Edit:
Quote:

Originally Posted by thehammer316 (Post 12348597)
We finally agree on something! AND...it's NOT a fucking Reprise! :thumbsup (Nice use of quotes)

And this one!

maxfoo 03-03-2011 03:42 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Live Trax 7 is very good for officially released stuff

JimiThing1234 03-03-2011 06:17 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
LiC , #40>>LIOG= sick

monoyes 03-03-2011 06:36 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Shocked to read noone mentioned RR '05: 9/11/05, even without the 8 minute butch jam, it's my favorite version.

wildbill79 03-03-2011 06:48 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
The version from live trax 11 is the titties, I was low on the lawn for that one.

LieIn0urGraves 03-03-2011 07:35 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
RR 95 /thread

btpeters 03-03-2011 10:43 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
12.3.98 for sure.

I've only seen this one twice. Sucks, as I feel i should've seen it more too.

This is one I really didn't mind Butch on back in the day, either

bartender_man 03-03-2011 10:57 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by liein0urgraves (Post 12349378)
rr 95 /thread


6/8/97>rr 95

bartender_man 03-03-2011 10:58 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by btpeters (Post 12349900)
12.3.98 for sure.

I've only seen this one twice. Sucks, as I feel i should've seen it more too.

This is one I really didn't mind Butch on back in the day, either

I personally really enjoyed Butch's solo on it

Musicology200 03-03-2011 11:01 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
RR95 is it.

tripeyedfish 03-03-2011 11:49 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MGH4007 (Post 12347595)
Gorge 02 is pretty killer, but I like Butch and those longer jazzier jams.

Shit! just went back and listened to that for the first time in at least a year... was so relaxing! Awesome version, makes me miss Butch

MGH4007 03-04-2011 02:31 AM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chr35919 (Post 4960726)
2-19-1996.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pig17 (Post 4962505)
Greatest LIOG of all time, D&T 4.3.03. This is the best solo I have ever heard from Tim or rather anybody on LIOG. Simply amazing and the reason why I went out and bought a delay pedal the next day! :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

what happened to these two ?

Jan-Willem 03-04-2011 04:54 AM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bartender_man (Post 12347550)
You might want to edit...

http://www.dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.aspx?id=453055243
http://www.dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.aspx?id=453055122
http://www.dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSet.aspx?id=453054980

acousticmike80 03-04-2011 08:20 AM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
So hard to pick, because almost every time they play LIOG....it is a great version.

I love Live in Chicago....many D+T versions, certain 97 versions.....and many recent ones as well.

Just a great song.

mr. testaverde 03-04-2011 09:35 AM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by monoyes (Post 12349244)
Shocked to read noone mentioned RR '05: 9/11/05, even without the 8 minute butch jam, it's my favorite version.

check a few posts above yours :thumbsup

coolhotwaves 03-04-2011 10:54 AM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicology200 (Post 12349953)
RR95 is it.

For me, yes. But it's kind of the opposite of what the OP asked for. NYE96 is also a gem.

harribri 03-04-2011 12:39 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. testaverde (Post 12347688)



my vote is for 9/11/05. great version

:thumbsup the version/song that got me into DMB

sully51 03-04-2011 01:02 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
No sax?

Just eliminated all the best versions.

crashintonickdm 03-04-2011 01:05 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Butch was amazing on liog. In all eras.

jek3295 04-03-2012 06:45 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Bump. Just listened to the SPAC '09 Lie In Our Graves. Beautiful solo by Boyd.

Can't go wrong with any version that has Trey on it either, though.

edit: i know SPAC isn't the best, but it's definitely one worth listening to

crashintonickdm 04-03-2012 07:03 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
5/22/99 with bela fleck

bigeyedfish1979 04-03-2012 07:06 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Live in Chicago not even close.

crashintonickdm 04-03-2012 07:16 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Trey from pacbell 2001 is so incredibly great. Treys best performance with DMB easily

Useliteski 04-03-2012 07:17 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigeyedfish1979 (Post 13488819)
Live in Chicago not even close.

except for the fact that Boyds solo was dubbed over with a new one because it was so awful.

jek3295 04-03-2012 07:35 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigeyedfish1979 (Post 13488819)
Live in Chicago not even close.

:thumbsdow:thumbsdow

nice sig :rattle

Quote:

Originally Posted by Useliteski (Post 13488859)
except for the fact that Boyds solo was dubbed over with a new one because it was so awful.

:thumbsup:thumbsup

chemcaj 04-03-2012 08:42 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
This one is mine... 6/21/98. Rockpalast festival in Germany on 6/21/98.
Boyd gets right by the rail, owns it and sez "MINE".. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3vfr32dxQ8

daveshookme 04-03-2012 09:09 PM

Re: best version of LIE in our graves
 
6.13 is one hell of a Boyd solo


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.