Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Random dmb thoughts that don't need their own thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=334873)

tyler3440 03-21-2015 07:44 PM

Random dmb thoughts that don't need their own thread
 
I'm listing to 6/19/00 and I think it's a good show but damn there's a lot of Boyd skrees.

bartender_man 03-21-2015 07:47 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
:popcorn

tyler3440 03-21-2015 07:54 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Just cought my typo on Listening

420th jimi 03-21-2015 08:14 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Looks like someone is trying to have their thread making privileges revoked. Good luck with that.

Cryfreedom09 03-21-2015 08:25 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 420th jimi (Post 15878662)
Looks like someone is trying to have their thread making privileges revoked. Good luck with that.

I don't think it's that bad of an idea

bartender_man 03-21-2015 08:38 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryfreedom09 (Post 15878667)
I don't think it's that bad of an idea

Nobody cares what you think

Jsc6545 03-21-2015 08:39 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Mentions Boyd's pubes

Cryfreedom09 03-21-2015 08:42 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bartender_man (Post 15878673)
Nobody cares what you think

Why such a prick?

bowa36 03-21-2015 08:57 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
yea 6/19 and 6/20 are so damn good. i actually have a printed 6/20 set from the stage. been planning on framing it

bowa36 03-21-2015 08:59 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryfreedom09 (Post 15878676)
Why such a prick?

Being an annoyance to everyone is bartender_man's modus operandi. Don't take it personally

Cryfreedom09 03-21-2015 09:09 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bowa36 (Post 15878683)
Being an annoyance to everyone is bartender_man's modus operandi. Don't take it personally

Ok gotcha. Thanks.

tyler3440 03-21-2015 09:18 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Should this thread be locked?

gocubsgo3822 03-21-2015 09:24 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
i think it is fine :)

crashintonickdm 03-21-2015 09:27 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler3440 (Post 15878649)
I'm listing to 6/19/00 and I think it's a good show but damn there's a lot of Boyd skrees.

skreeing machine. but at least then we had just Roi lighting it up, rather than rashawn/jeff/boyd

tyler3440 03-21-2015 10:07 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by crashintonickdm (Post 15878704)
skreeing machine. but at least then we had just Roi lighting it up, rather than rashawn/jeff/boyd

Boyd on dancing nanacies is the worst I ever heard but that doesn't change the fact that 6/19/00 is great show. That's how good the rest of the band was back then.

TheStone91 03-21-2015 10:10 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
How/why hasn't Butch guested on even ONE song since he left in 2008? Really weird, IMO.

TrippinNancies1 03-21-2015 10:16 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
The #1 most frustrating thing to me about this band is Monkey Man never being played live.

Stang117 03-21-2015 10:22 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
+1 for monkey man. I also think management should interact with the fanbase more. Maybe even Dave could spare a few moments to find out what his fans want.

tyler3440 03-21-2015 10:24 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrippinNancies1 (Post 15878735)
The #1 most frustrating thing to me about this band is Monkey Man never being played live.

Boyd last year said dmb2sets would be a good opp to play it. What a joke haha.
Here's a link to the interview http://www.jambands.com/features/201...ions-with-bt?3

chadizzy1 03-21-2015 10:41 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
I'm still surprised we got a show in Arkansas this year. I dunno how that happened.

TheLastPig 03-21-2015 10:43 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bowa36 (Post 15878683)
Being an annoyance to everyone is bartender_man's modus operandi. Don't take it personally

That's for true.

Stang117 03-21-2015 10:44 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 15878747)
I'm still surprised we got a show in Arkansas this year. I dunno how that happened.

It sold out so quick, maybe they should do more!

aparker507 03-21-2015 10:46 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 15878747)
I'm still surprised we got a show in Arkansas this year. I dunno how that happened.

Especially in a non album tour

ramiro24 03-22-2015 12:00 AM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
i listened to the first show of the 2000 tour and there were a lot of flubs in the show honestly. its a great show but funny when people bitch that they are rusty during the most recent tours when in reality the past tours during the golden years were no different. just an interesting thing to point out.

bartender_man 03-22-2015 12:18 AM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ramiro24 (Post 15878804)
i listened to the first show of the 2000 tour and there were a lot of flubs in the show honestly. its a great show but funny when people bitch that they are rusty during the most recent tours when in reality the past tours during the golden years were no different. just an interesting thing to point out.


While true-them being rusty in 2000 still sounded really good, them rusty now=absolutely pathetic

daveshookme 03-22-2015 12:57 AM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler3440 (Post 15878741)
Boyd last year said dmb2sets would be a good opp to play it. What a joke haha.
Here's a link to the interview http://www.jambands.com/features/201...ions-with-bt?3

:lol :lol as if Boyd even knows what MM is :lol :lol
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrippinNancies1 (Post 15878735)
The #1 most frustrating thing to me about this band is Monkey Man never being played live.

It's frustrating, but Stone > SMLAM Gorge n3 is, simply, way more frustrating than why an average song hasn't been played
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stang117 (Post 15878739)
+1 for monkey man. I also think management should interact with the fanbase more. Maybe even Dave could spare a few moments to find out what his fans want.

:lol Dave? Dave.... Matthews? Good luck.

TrippinNancies1 03-22-2015 01:22 AM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 15878856)
It's frustrating, but Stone > SMLAM Gorge n3 is, simply, way more frustrating than why an average song hasn't been played

Monkey Man is an average song? Well there's an awful opinion. :eiffeltower

dmbetc 03-22-2015 01:22 AM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bartender_man (Post 15878826)
While true-them being rusty in 2000 still sounded really good, them rusty now=absolutely pathetic

Id rather take a rusty 2000 show than a perfect 2014 show.

bartender_man 03-22-2015 01:24 AM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 15878863)
Id rather take a rusty 2000 show than a perfect 2014 show.


Agreed :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

dmb9howell 03-22-2015 01:37 AM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrippinNancies1 (Post 15878862)
Monkey Man is an average song? Well there's an awful opinion. :eiffeltower

MM is an average song. It would get stale really fast if it was in regular rotation. That being said, I'd love to catch it live at least once.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.