Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMB Past Tour Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   ***Official Wrigley Field 2010 Thread*** (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=274566)

DMBTattoo 03-03-2010 09:48 AM

***Official Wrigley Field 2010 Thread***

Approved today at the city council meeting

kgs305 03-03-2010 09:49 AM

Re: ***Official Wrigley Field 2010 Thread***

Fuck the Cubs.

FunkyTeaParty41 03-03-2010 09:49 AM

for real? sept 17 18 still?

myersk27 03-03-2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntsCrushMe (Post 10816718)
Approved today at the city council meeting

count me in for sure! will be awesome!

DMBTattoo 03-03-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FunkyTeaParty41 (Post 10816727)
for real? sept 17 18 still?

I believe so, Andrew went to the meeting.

hoggdogg 03-03-2010 10:07 AM

:bounce:multi:bounce:multi:bounce

DMBTattoo 03-03-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoggdogg (Post 10816816)
:bounce:multi:bounce:multi:bounce

do not cancel the gorge!

ruggr4 03-03-2010 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntsCrushMe (Post 10816848)
do not cancel the gorge!

:thumbsup This.

saxlover 03-03-2010 10:12 AM

the City of Chicago ordinance PASSED!!!!

I just got back from the meeting. The agenda was a laundry list of different ordinances. Most of which were city ordinances to prohibit/limit packaged alcochol sales in speciifc areas of the city. All of which passed no problem. There were about five ordinances voted on before the ordinance for the shows.
the ordinance was for the exception of 2 additional night events at Wrigley. The July date was thrown out, they were only addressing the September 17th and 18th dates. Several Aldermen spoke regarding the concerts last year and how they were a win win situation for everyone. They specifically brought in revenue figures from billy joel/elton john and rascall flatts. Large revenue to community and city of chicago. There were several representatives from the Cubs organization. One of which (the director of commuity relations) spoke at length regarding benefits to community and city. He also addressed major concerns with two additional night events at Wrigley. The biggest are security/traffic in area and the dates falling on the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur. He stated that for concert events there is a significant increase in security set in place for community. Extra personnal to direct traffic as well as additional Police Officers, off duty officers throughout neighborhood and additional security. He shared that many in the community feel that they would like the same type of presence during regular Cubs night games. The Cubs representative also shared that they have been working very hard with local synagogues for support of these two night events during the Jewsih Holiday. He stated that traffic around these synagogues would be addressed. One of the local Rabbis sent in a letter to be read in support of events and the Cubs representative brought in a wrigleyville resident who is also a member of one of the local synagogues. He continued to state support of events and mention that they felt very good about the traffic concerns being addressed. He said the synagogues are far enough away that traffic can be diverted away and said that they are far enough away that music volume should not affect them. There was a vote and they passed it no problem and moved on to next ordinance. No mention ever of what band would be playing.
I left the room with the Cubs representative and the Jewish community member. On my way out of building I was in elevator with the Jewish community member. I thanked him and asked him if he knew who was playing the two concerts. He said 'the dave miller band'. I looked at him, smiled and said 'the dave matthews band?' he said 'ya thats it' He than asked if i was with the Cubs organization and I said no, he said they specifically didnt mention it earlier because the Cubs were worried to bring that up during the meeting.

CUBS AT WRIGLEY!!!!

DMBTattoo 03-03-2010 10:15 AM

Thanks andrew for attending!!!!! Cheers!

DMBTattoo 03-03-2010 10:15 AM

dibs for a spot on your floor!

hoggdogg 03-03-2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntsCrushMe (Post 10816848)
do not cancel the gorge!

I dont want to!

only having 2 weeks of vacation SUCKS!!! Its not nearly as much time as I need to go to all the shows I want to go to, dammit!

DMBTattoo 03-03-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoggdogg (Post 10816887)
I dont want to!

only having 2 weeks of vacation SUCKS!!! Its not nearly as much time as I need to go to all the shows I want to go to, dammit!

ill write you a doc note!

hoggdogg 03-03-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntsCrushMe (Post 10816925)
ill write you a doc note!

I can see it now:

"Dr. DMBTattoo.com, Phd. hereby prescribes 3 extra vacation days for DMB therapy"

Works for me!

downtown10 03-03-2010 10:32 AM

Thank you so much for the info

DMBTattoo 03-03-2010 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoggdogg (Post 10816993)
I can see it now:

"Dr. DMBTattoo.com, Phd. hereby prescribes 3 extra vacation days for DMB therapy"

Works for me!

now youre thinkin :)

DMBboi81 03-03-2010 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxlover (Post 10816853)
the City of Chicago ordinance PASSED!!!!

I just got back from the meeting. The agenda was a laundry list of different ordinances. Most of which were city ordinances to prohibit/limit packaged alcochol sales in speciifc areas of the city. All of which passed no problem. There were about five ordinances voted on before the ordinance for the shows.
the ordinance was for the exception of 2 additional night events at Wrigley. The July date was thrown out, they were only addressing the September 17th and 18th dates. Several Aldermen spoke regarding the concerts last year and how they were a win win situation for everyone. They specifically brought in revenue figures from billy joel/elton john and rascall flatts. Large revenue to community and city of chicago. There were several representatives from the Cubs organization. One of which (the director of commuity relations) spoke at length regarding benefits to community and city. He also addressed major concerns with two additional night events at Wrigley. The biggest are security/traffic in area and the dates falling on the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur. He stated that for concert events there is a significant increase in security set in place for community. Extra personnal to direct traffic as well as additional Police Officers, off duty officers throughout neighborhood and additional security. He shared that many in the community feel that they would like the same type of presence during regular Cubs night games. The Cubs representative also shared that they have been working very hard with local synagogues for support of these two night events during the Jewsih Holiday. He stated that traffic around these synagogues would be addressed. One of the local Rabbis sent in a letter to be read in support of events and the Cubs representative brought in a wrigleyville resident who is also a member of one of the local synagogues. He continued to state support of events and mention that they felt very good about the traffic concerns being addressed. He said the synagogues are far enough away that traffic can be diverted away and said that they are far enough away that music volume should not affect them. There was a vote and they passed it no problem and moved on to next ordinance. No mention ever of what band would be playing.
I left the room with the Cubs representative and the Jewish community member. On my way out of building I was in elevator with the Jewish community member. I thanked him and asked him if he knew who was playing the two concerts. He said 'the dave miller band'. I looked at him, smiled and said 'the dave matthews band?' he said 'ya thats it' He than asked if i was with the Cubs organization and I said no, he said they specifically didnt mention it earlier because the Cubs were worried to bring that up during the meeting.

CUBS AT WRIGLEY!!!!

Mighty fine investigative work there, sir. :thumbsup

Crash1983 03-03-2010 10:55 AM

i have been having one hell of a day this makes it even sweeter!!!!!!!

DMBTattoo 03-03-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash1983 (Post 10817226)
i have been having one hell of a day this makes it even sweeter!!!!!!!

i too have had an awesome day

Davehead05 03-03-2010 11:16 AM

No one wants to see DMB at Wrigley more than I do but I'm not getting excited yet until we hear something from the band themselves. The meeting was about Wrigley getting approval to have concerts on Sept. 17th and 18th. That doesn't necessarily mean the Dave Matthews Band will be playing those dates.

GO CUBS GO!!

Ashley J 03-03-2010 11:28 AM

Subscribed.

I think I'll just take the whole month of September off :cool

dmblynny 03-03-2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashley J (Post 10817482)
Subscribed.

I think I'll just take the whole month of September off :cool

:lol

What she said.

Helloooooooooooooooooooo, CHI- CA- GO!

Joe M. 03-03-2010 11:46 AM

The Chicago Tribute is reporting "The plan will next go to the full City Council for consideration."

DMBcubs3641 03-03-2010 11:57 AM

this is awesome

Azwethinkweist 03-03-2010 11:59 AM

Dave miller band at wrigley yesssssss

Freddy35 03-03-2010 12:01 PM

For anyone interested...you can book a room (fully cancelable if needed)

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/g...l?WT.mc_id=POG

prinserj21 03-03-2010 12:16 PM

Nice 3 hour drive away for me! C-A-N-N-O-T wait!

GinaNMU 03-03-2010 12:18 PM

Highlight of my life right here. :) Sad, but probably true. :lol

DMBTattoo 03-03-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe M. (Post 10817639)
The Chicago Tribute is reporting "The plan will next go to the full City Council for consideration."

:thumbsup

DMBTattoo 03-03-2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freddy35 (Post 10817760)
For anyone interested...you can book a room (fully cancelable if needed)

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/g...l?WT.mc_id=POG

good man, nice prices for a weekend that will be impossible to find a room!