Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMB Tour Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   *** Official Denver, CO 2022 (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=354246)

FatGuyLikesDMB 10-12-2021 01:41 PM

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoot388 (Post 18060693)
im not a "couch setlist warrior," i was there. the second half of fiddler's N2 was incredibly lazy. its a bunch of songs that dave forgot about the rest of the weekend and felt like he needed to make sure they got in there, so he threw them all in together at the end. the only songs that were missing were shake me and jimi, which i could have sworn was coming when they brought out the drop D guitar for dont drink considering what preceded it.

did i have fun at n2? yes. could it have been a lot better? yes. there were awesome moments, like 40, LIOG, and crush, but to say that the entire show was awesome? not a chance. this show would struggle to make it into the top half of the shows i've seen. the average DMB show is pretty great. this was below average.

I respect that you were there to form your opinion, sorry you didn't enjoy the show, I happen to think it was very good, but i also don't pine for only the songs I want to hear. They play what they play and I can still get enjoyment out of it. This was top 10 to me of the 33 I've seen.

BigWhiskey1855 10-12-2021 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoot388 (Post 18060693)
im not a "couch setlist warrior," i was there. the second half of fiddler's N2 was incredibly lazy. its a bunch of songs that dave forgot about the rest of the weekend and felt like he needed to make sure they got in there, so he threw them all in together at the end. the only songs that were missing were shake me and jimi, which i could have sworn was coming when they brought out the drop D guitar for dont drink considering what preceded it.

did i have fun at n2? yes. could it have been a lot better? yes. there were awesome moments, like 40, LIOG, and crush, but to say that the entire show was awesome? not a chance. this show would struggle to make it into the top half of the shows i've seen. the average DMB show is pretty great. this was below average.

Pacing was definitely off N2. I personally wasn't mad about TOTS, Sledgehammer, or Gravedigger as I wanted to check those off of my list.....but it definitely felt like a mad dash to fit in Dave's 2021 tour favorites. I honestly wouldn't have been mad to get Jimi as I had some first timers with me that would have probably enjoyed that over some parts of that run.

The night will go down as unforgettable for me simply for getting Halloween, but N1 overall casts a large shadow over N2.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

nick45 10-12-2021 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExistenceNow (Post 18060682)
This sort of hyperbole is just as bad as what you're railing against.

I left Denver for Austin happy with the weekend overall. But I'm not going to sit here now and pretend that this wasn't a dreadful run on N2:

Time of the Season
Louisiana Bayou
So Damn Lucky
You & Me
Rye Whiskey
Everyday
Sledgehammer
Gravedigger
Corn Bread

You don't have to be expecting a "perfect set" to think that's a shitty run. It also doesn't mean you don't like the band anymore.

I like this run, I really really like it.
That’s the thing, everyone has their f ya’s 🤟🏼and f no’s😡.
The band has a huge catalog at this point.
I’m just happy that I can still see them play at such a high level decades later.
It took me a while to get over my set list hate, and once I did, it seemed silly.

credin 10-12-2021 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatGuyLikesDMB (Post 18061209)
I respect that you were there to form your opinion, sorry you didn't enjoy the show, I happen to think it was very good, but i also don't pine for only the songs I want to hear. They play what they play and I can still get enjoyment out of it. This was top 10 to me of the 33 I've seen.

Glad you enjoyed the show, I did as well. Much respect.

credin 10-12-2021 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick45 (Post 18061231)
I like this run, I really really like it.
That’s the thing, everyone has their f ya’s ����and f no’s��.
The band has a huge catalog at this point.
I’m just happy that I can still see them play at such a high level decades later.
It took me a while to get over my set list hate, and once I did, it seemed silly.

That's just it, one person bad run is another person good run. Some people will say Dave is writing a "lazy" set, but is he? Lazy set list writing is an opinion. I respect the opinions people have problem is lots of people don't respect other people opinions. It is what it is, not gonna argue it.

I totally agree with you once I finally stopped worrying about what was going to be played or ticked about what was played I started enjoying the shows a lot more. Looking back now it just seems silly, for me anyway. If peeps on here want to have an opinion on what was played or not played or flow, have at it. Just understand it's your opinion, not fact. Cheers to you man.

DMB24Illini 10-13-2021 11:41 PM

Quote:

I left Denver for Austin happy with the weekend overall. But I'm not going to sit here now and pretend that this wasn't a dreadful run on N2:

Time of the Season
Louisiana Bayou
So Damn Lucky
You & Me
Rye Whiskey
Everyday
Sledgehammer
Gravedigger
Corn Bread

You don't have to be expecting a "perfect set" to think that's a shitty run. It also doesn't mean you don't like the band anymore.

I was at both shows and N1 was significantly better than N2. This run you mention is exactly why N2 was meh for me. Sure, 40 Billies Two Step and Halloween are fantastic but that 10 song run in the middle-to-end of main set was absolutely middle of the road.

The night before had some gems, nice surprises, things that hadn't been played all tour basically.

spoot388 10-14-2021 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMB24Illini (Post 18062048)
I was at both shows and N1 was significantly better than N2. This run you mention is exactly why N2 was meh for me. Sure, 40 Billies Two Step and Halloween are fantastic but that 10 song run in the middle-to-end of main set was absolutely middle of the road.

The night before had some gems, nice surprises, things that hadn't been played all tour basically.

and then ARKANSAS gets JTR (3rd of the tour), hello again (3), recently (2), granny (10), say goodbye (5), and typical (2) all in one show.

Sabres914 10-14-2021 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoot388 (Post 18062238)
and then ARKANSAS gets JTR (3rd of the tour), hello again (3), recently (2), granny (10), say goodbye (5), and typical (2) all in one show.

And was slated to get Some Devil (3) as well

Pilgrim 10-14-2021 12:00 PM

Quote:

Time of the Season
Louisiana Bayou
So Damn Lucky
You & Me
Rye Whiskey
Everyday
Sledgehammer
Gravedigger
Corn Bread

i'd add can't stop and that girl is you. pig and crush were the only two songs for a long, long stretch that were good and this isn't just a setlist thing. the playing, especially from dave, was uninspired. time of the season was a god damn train wreck.

this is the thing with touring bands that change up their setlists - every once in a while yr gonna see a stinker. it's OK - i still love them and will see them anytime i can.

jmkratt 10-14-2021 12:37 PM

The only part I found dreadful was Cant Stop and TGIY. The rest was a fun IMO.

#41#36#40 10-18-2021 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoot388 (Post 18060690)
exactly, and its not like it would have been that difficult to make something decent. even keeping half those songs could have had a second half like this, which i think is more than reasonable to satisfy those of us who are looking for older/rare songs and those who want the newer/more popular songs, while not expecting anything crazy from the band either.

Time of the Season
Drive In Drive Out
The Best of Whats Around
You & Me
Hello Again
Everyday
Sledgehammer
Stay
Corn Bread
Don't Drink The Water
Ants Marching

After seeing one of the absolute best DMB shows I’ve been to in 20 years.. I knew we were in for it to pay for our sins on N2… I honestly went into the shoe thinking they could play whatever they want and I’ll be ok tonight… Hell they could play you and everyday ddtw cornbread sledgehammer and I’ll be ok.. but really I wasn’t ok.. it was the worst..

southbenddmb 10-19-2021 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #41#36#40 (Post 18064274)
After seeing one of the absolute best DMB shows I’ve been to in 20 years.. I knew we were in for it to pay for our sins on N2… I honestly went into the shoe thinking they could play whatever they want and I’ll be ok tonight… Hell they could play you and everyday ddtw cornbread sledgehammer and I’ll be ok.. but really I wasn’t ok.. it was the worst..

#40, Two Step, and Halloween didn't do it for ya? Not to mention Pig, Rye Whiskey, and LIOG...

jmkratt 10-19-2021 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #41#36#40 (Post 18064274)

:lol

JFC

Pilgrim 10-21-2021 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southbenddmb (Post 18064313)
#40, Two Step, and Halloween didn't do it for ya? Not to mention Pig, Rye Whiskey, and LIOG...

as i've said a few times in this thread and others - the issue with N2 went beyond the setlist, which had an abysmal middle stretch in and of itself. it was the playing/performance.

and do people really love or "chase" rye whiskey?

jmkratt 10-21-2021 10:54 AM

Rye Whiskey is awesome

Speilmen230 10-21-2021 11:34 AM

I have seen Rye Whiskey three times. I'm good.

ExistenceNow 10-21-2021 01:12 PM

Rye Whiskey is just a really uninteresting cover. So instead of having three cover songs in a set, if you want to toss in a slow quiet song mid-set, how about Pay for What You Get? or Cry Freedom? or Baby Blue? or Christmas Song? or Let You Down?

Honestly, and I'll probably get dragged for this, I'd rather hear Out of My Hands than Rye Whiskey.

Speilmen230 10-21-2021 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExistenceNow (Post 18065894)
Rye Whiskey is just a really uninteresting cover. So instead of having three cover songs in a set, if you want to toss in a slow quiet song mid-set, how about Pay for What You Get? or Cry Freedom? or Baby Blue? or Christmas Song? or Let You Down?

Honestly, and I'll probably get dragged for this, I'd rather hear Out of My Hands than Rye Whiskey.

Why play one of your own songs when you can cover a Pete Seeger song that almost no one knows? :rolleyes

spoot388 10-21-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExistenceNow (Post 18065894)

or, as we've seen from the gorge, dave has the ability to play tons of his own songs that the band normally plays. if he needed to add a solo song so someone could take a leak, how about ants, BOWA, or YNK, like from the gorge, or any of the dozens of other songs he could play on his own?

and idk about OOMH over rye whiskey. i think i'd rather just not hear either of them. dave could just tell a story for 5 minutes like he does during D+T shows if the band needs a breather for whatever reason.

jmkratt 10-21-2021 10:30 PM

Would definitely prefer Rye Whiskey over OOMH, that song has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

kevinmavs 01-10-2022 08:53 PM

I'm sure someone will start a 2022 Denver thread. I'm planning on Denver this summer, never been before, assuming they do Fiddler's again of course.

credin 01-10-2022 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinmavs (Post 18108150)
I'm sure someone will start a 2022 Denver thread. I'm planning on Denver this summer, never been before, assuming they do Fiddler's again of course.

In recent years Denver typically seems to be an every other year stop. Don't be shocked if you don't see a Denver stop this summer.

illinifan 01-10-2022 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by credin (Post 18108185)
In recent years Denver typically seems to be an every other year stop. Don't be shocked if you don't see a Denver stop this summer.

I would be shocked if it was skipped. They sell those shows out.

Speilmen230 01-11-2022 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by credin (Post 18108185)

They've come to Denver every tour since 2018. I would be more surprised if they didn't come back this year.

BigWhiskey1855 01-11-2022 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speilmen230 (Post 18108782)
They've come to Denver every tour since 2018. I would be more surprised if they didn't come back this year.

Weren't they technically on tap to be skipped in 2020?

Speilmen230 01-11-2022 06:13 PM

You are correct. We were going to be skipped on the 2020 summer tour, but obviously that didn't happen at all, so we haven't actually been skipped since 2018. It's my understanding that some promoter in town wants to keep them "special" by not bringing them back every year. Not sure if there is any truth to this, but I seem to remember reading it somewhere.

credin 01-11-2022 06:50 PM

I looked back a bit. Denver has actually been sporadic rather then every other year that I thought.

2010- yes. 2011 - no. 2012 - no. 2013 - yes. 2014 - no. 2015 - yes. 2016 & 2017 - no. 2018 & 2019 - yes. 2020 - no (if there were shows played in 2020, Denver would have been a no. 2021 - yes.

So I guess with that mess...could be a show could not be. Lol.

credin 01-11-2022 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speilmen230 (Post 18108796)
You are correct. We were going to be skipped on the 2020 summer tour, but obviously that didn't happen at all, so we haven't actually been skipped since 2018. It's my understanding that some promoter in town wants to keep them "special" by not bringing them back every year. Not sure if there is any truth to this, but I seem to remember reading it somewhere.

You are correct. Can't remember the name of the promoter. It was in a Denver Post article after the dicks sporting good shows. Said something along the lines that he knows Colorado loves DMB and that they sell out but he did not want to bring them back every year to keep it "special". Complete nonsense. I will search for the article but the Denver post is rather hard to find things and/or have to have paid for a subscription to read certain articles.

TypicalBilly14 01-11-2022 07:07 PM

DMB covered a Phish song in Denver.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dave-...-1bd6e988.html

JboDaveGuyYNK 01-11-2022 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by credin (Post 18108832)
I looked back a bit. Denver has actually been sporadic rather then every other year that I thought.

2010- yes. 2011 - no. 2012 - no. 2013 - yes. 2014 - no. 2015 - yes. 2016 & 2017 - no. 2018 & 2019 - yes. 2020 - no (if there were shows played in 2020, Denver would have been a no. 2021 - yes.

So I guess with that mess...could be a show could not be. Lol.

Interesting, however 2011 and 2017 were no's for different reasons.

Also interesting to learn about that promoter from you and Jesse- thanks for that. I'll be cheering for them to return to Denver this summer.

Throw on Salt Lake City again too, please.

spoot388 01-13-2022 08:47 PM

being an album tour and a history of good selling shows the last few times they've played at fiddlers, i'd be very surprised if denver gets skipped this year, regardless of what past trends say about how often they play here.

Speilmen230 01-17-2022 12:38 PM

Fiddler's calendar is essentially empty this year too. Only 6 shows booked total for the year. The weekend before Labor Day is available as well. If we go by 2018 and 2019, Denver was the "warm up" weekend before the Gorge, first shows back after the regular "break".

Fingers crossed my fellow Fiddler friends.

Typical_Ant 01-18-2022 09:56 AM

I believe the big promoter in Denver is Chuck Morris. Or was, I think he handed over the reigns pre covid and is now teaching music business at CSU. Fingers crossed that means maybe DMB could become and every year act again. Maybe they alternate between 1 and 2 night stands every other year. But Fiddlers has been hot the last 2 tours. Great crowd. Great sets and performances. Band seems to really enjoy it there for one reason or another.

I hated that post 2006 DMB became an every other year act, likely because they didn't sell out the Pepsi Center on a 2 night stand that tour. Tix were available very cheap day of. It's not really fair because they had just played 4 nights at Red Rocks a year prior and 2006 was a pretty flat year for the band in terms of excitement. Stand Up had fallen short of every fan hard core and casual. It was likely the middle of the falling out the band talks about so often.

-2007 was the first year they hadn't played in Colorado since 2004. 2004 was the first year they ever skipped since their first show here in 93.

-They headlined the Mile High Music Fest in 08.

-Skipped an album year in 2009 which makes no sense.
That tour was huge.

-2010 Once again tried to revive the MHMF, but the promoter of that realized that the fans were only coming for DMB and cancelled it the next year.

-2011 Break

-2012 because they had started a new tour, I assume they didn't count 2011 as a "skipped" year

- 2013 Dicks 2 night stand. N1 was 50% capacity, N2 sold out

- 2014 skip

-2015 new venue stop at Fiddlers for 2 sets. Great turn out and sellouts both nights. Really good shows. Likely the best shows the band had done in CO in some time.

2016- SKIP?? I never understood this one. Another tour before the break, and CO was skipped. Seemed like a missed oppty. I do wonder if the timing of there mid tour month break, and the day labor day falls effects this at all. If Labor Day is the first or the 7th. Does this make a difference in if they do CO and UT shows?

2017 - D&T tour. Nowhere west of the Mississippi

2018,2019, 2021 Fiddlers. 2020 would have been a skip for who knows why. All Sell outs. I think they could easily do 3 nights at Fiddlers. Tix were very hard to come by in 2019/21 and it seemed to be a destination spot for a lot of the crowd.

All signs point to a skip in 2022 minus the assumption that Chuck Morris is no longer running the show and who I believe is the reason they were on the "special" schedule.

illinifan 01-18-2022 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Typical_Ant (Post 18113172)
I believe the big promoter in Denver is Chuck Morris. Or was, I think he handed over the reigns pre covid and is now teaching music business at CSU. Fingers crossed that means maybe DMB could become and every year act again. Maybe they alternate between 1 and 2 night stands every other year. But Fiddlers has been hot the last 2 tours. Great crowd. Great sets and performances. Band seems to really enjoy it there for one reason or another.

I hated that post 2006 DMB became an every other year act, likely because they didn't sell out the Pepsi Center on a 2 night stand that tour. Tix were available very cheap day of. It's not really fair because they had just played 4 nights at Red Rocks a year prior and 2006 was a pretty flat year for the band in terms of excitement. Stand Up had fallen short of every fan hard core and casual. It was likely the middle of the falling out the band talks about so often.

-2007 was the first year they hadn't played in Colorado since 2004. 2004 was the first year they ever skipped since their first show here in 93.

-They headlined the Mile High Music Fest in 08.

-Skipped an album year in 2009 which makes no sense.
That tour was huge.

-2010 Once again tried to revive the MHMF, but the promoter of that realized that the fans were only coming for DMB and cancelled it the next year.

-2011 Break

-2012 because they had started a new tour, I assume they didn't count 2011 as a "skipped" year

- 2013 Dicks 2 night stand. N1 was 50% capacity, N2 sold out

- 2014 skip

-2015 new venue stop at Fiddlers for 2 sets. Great turn out and sellouts both nights. Really good shows. Likely the best shows the band had done in CO in some time.

2016- SKIP?? I never understood this one. Another tour before the break, and CO was skipped. Seemed like a missed oppty. I do wonder if the timing of there mid tour month break, and the day labor day falls effects this at all. If Labor Day is the first or the 7th. Does this make a difference in if they do CO and UT shows?

2017 - D&T tour. Nowhere west of the Mississippi

2018,2019, 2021 Fiddlers. 2020 would have been a skip for who knows why. All Sell outs. I think they could easily do 3 nights at Fiddlers. Tix were very hard to come by in 2019/21 and it seemed to be a destination spot for a lot of the crowd.

All signs point to a skip in 2022 minus the assumption that Chuck Morris is no longer running the show and who I believe is the reason they were on the "special" schedule.

Wow you put a lot of effort into just an opinion.

Typical_Ant 01-18-2022 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illinifan (Post 18113202)
Wow you put a lot of effort into just an opinion.

Uh huh . Some people put effort into thoughts

Speilmen230 01-19-2022 07:38 AM

"Chuck Morris should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell... Would you like a cookie, son?"

credin 01-19-2022 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speilmen230 (Post 18113853)
"Chuck Morris should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell... Would you like a cookie, son?"

Hahahahaha.

kevinmavs 01-23-2022 06:24 PM

More likely Denver is weekend of the 9th or weekend of the 16th?

credin 01-23-2022 08:15 PM

Sounds like it. Typically a nice time of year.

spoot388 01-24-2022 12:52 AM

rumor thread says "early sept" which would mean sept 9-10 as gorge would be the previous weekend

Speilmen230 01-24-2022 09:09 AM

In 18 & 19 we were the warm-up weekend before the gorge. I would imagine that pattern holds true. Rarely do they go out to the west coast pacific time and then travel back to mountain time. Last year being an exception with all the moved dates.

trent84 01-24-2022 09:53 AM

Sounds like dates are the weekend after the Gorge, according to rumors board. I was hoping for Bend and Irvine x 2 then fiddlers the 16th, 17th. The Gorge and Fiddlers back to back weekends sounds fun, but hard on the band, unless there are no shows in between.

dima1130 01-24-2022 10:02 AM

I just booked a refundable room at the wingate/wyndham... its supposedly right across the street from the venue... anyone ever stay there? is it really that close?

ballshouse 01-24-2022 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dima1130 (Post 18117738)
I just booked a refundable room at the wingate/wyndham... its supposedly right across the street from the venue... anyone ever stay there? is it really that close?

I haven't stayed there, but yes it is that close.

Typical_Ant 01-24-2022 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trent84 (Post 18117731)
Sounds like dates are the weekend after the Gorge, according to rumors board. I was hoping for Bend and Irvine x 2 then fiddlers the 16th, 17th. The Gorge and Fiddlers back to back weekends sounds fun, but hard on the band, unless there are no shows in between.

Interesting! They've played in August every tour to Colorado for over a decade minus last year. I wonder why they'll fly backwards after the Gorge.. They typically go straight down the coast. Unless The Gorge is the start of the West coast tour. They hop over to Denver, Utah, NM, Phoenix and go to Chula Vista, LA and SF from there??

desertdogesq 01-25-2022 11:42 AM

I stayed at wingate/wyndham in 2019 and it was a great location. No more than a long block or two away from the venue, with an easy walk. Clean hotel. Good free basic hot breakfast. Some light tailgating in the nearby parking lots in the late afternoon before the show. Easy to snag some posters and merch, walk back to the room, then walk back to the venue for the show. Not a ton of food options nearby, but that is more a Fiddler’s problem than a problem with the hotel.

trent84 01-25-2022 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertdogesq (Post 18118480)
I stayed at wingate/wyndham in 2019 and it was a great location. No more than a long block or two away from the venue, with an easy walk. Clean hotel. Good free basic hot breakfast. Some light tailgating in the nearby parking lots in the late afternoon before the show. Easy to snag some posters and merch, walk back to the room, then walk back to the venue for the show. Not a ton of food options nearby, but that is more a Fiddler’s problem than a problem with the hotel.

There is quite a bit of food options in the area now with Grange Hall, and Pindustry, within walking distance of the Wingate.

Typical_Ant 01-25-2022 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trent84 (Post 18118496)
There is quite a bit of food options in the area now with Grange Hall, and Pindustry, within walking distance of the Wingate.

Finally they have something besides that CB Potts that became Grange Hall or Macaroni Grill. Because nothing screams fun concert times like a big heavy commercial italian meal and wine before the show.

Speilmen230 01-26-2022 10:09 AM

Torchy's and Chuy's aren't terrible choices pre-show. DTC has been more of a daytime lunch spot because of all the business parks around the area, but it's finally starting to lean into the night life side of things as well which is nice for those of us that live in the area. :)

ExistenceNow 01-26-2022 10:11 AM

Torchy's, Chuy's, Whatburger... last time I was in Denver I felt like I was back in Austin.

Typical_Ant 01-26-2022 10:15 AM

Just saw Brandi Carlile is also playing the 9th and 10th. Don't know how a collab would even be possible, but maybe the helicopter her in for a song near the beginning of the set at 740.. and then she helicopters back to Red Rocks for her own show at 9 ish.

Speilmen230 01-26-2022 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExistenceNow (Post 18119191)
Torchy's, Chuy's, Whatburger... last time I was in Denver I felt like I was back in Austin.

There's enough of you Texans and Californians here in Colorado that they just keep porting your favorite shit out to us. I&O, Chuy's, Torchy's, WhatABurger, Jack in the Box, California Pizza Kitchen...

LeftyDv 01-27-2022 05:27 AM

Damn. This ruined my morning. Hadn’t put the dates together, but there’s no way I’m missing Indigo Girls/Brandi Carlile at Red Rocks for a DMB show at Fiddlers. Especially with how hard that Saturday night ticket was to get for other people. For the first time ever, I hope the rumors are wrong and that DMB picks a different date.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Typical_Ant (Post 18119198)
Just saw Brandi Carlile is also playing the 9th and 10th. Don't know how a collab would even be possible, but maybe the helicopter her in for a song near the beginning of the set at 740.. and then she helicopters back to Red Rocks for her own show at 9 ish.

trent84 01-27-2022 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftyDv (Post 18119767)
Damn. This ruined my morning. Hadn’t put the dates together, but there’s no way I’m missing Indigo Girls/Brandi Carlile at Red Rocks for a DMB show at Fiddlers. Especially with how hard that Saturday night ticket was to get for other people. For the first time ever, I hope the rumors are wrong and that DMB picks a different date.

Me too!!! IMO it's too close to the Gorge to get the types of shows Fiddlers has seen the last few stops.

jmkratt 02-01-2022 06:02 AM

Looks like it's the 9th and 10th.

illinifan 02-01-2022 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Typical_Ant (Post 18113700)
Uh huh . Some people put effort into thoughts

That's weird. Coming back to Denver. I'm tired of being right all the time.

credin 02-01-2022 06:47 AM

***Official Denver 2022***

Might as well get the 2022 thread started.

Speilmen230 02-01-2022 06:49 AM

Re: ***Official Denver 2022***

Can we finally acknowledge that Denver is a legitimate 2 night stand for this band?

illinifan 02-01-2022 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speilmen230 (Post 18123847)
Can we finally acknowledge that Denver is a legitimate 2 night stand for this band?

For sure. Some people around here hate to be wrong though. Even if proven so.

Typical_Ant 02-01-2022 06:59 AM

Quote:

Yes! This is a nice surprise. I totally thought we were going to get skipped this year. The last 2 shows there seemed like the band was acknowledging it was a legit stop for them. They played their hearts out. Friday night felt like I was at Gorge or Alpine with the energy they brought.

ccarey23 02-01-2022 06:59 AM

Ok... I have never been to Colorado. We are thinking of headed out for the weekend. Pointers? Stay in Denver? Uber back and forth? Hotel reccomendations?

credin 02-01-2022 07:39 AM

Quote:

Agree. Should always be a two night stop. Both shows are always strong selling if not sold out. Excited for the shows this year. Something to look forward to.

BigWhiskey1855 02-01-2022 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccarey23 (Post 18123877)
Ok... I have never been to Colorado. We are thinking of headed out for the weekend. Pointers? Stay in Denver? Uber back and forth? Hotel reccomendations?

I did my first time last year for the shows, we stayed in the Denver area at an airbnb which was probably just as cheap as a hotel with more amenities. If you are looking to partake in smoking, a lot of places will list if it is friendly to that. The Venue is in a business park so there isn't much that's pretty about that area.

We tried Uber the first night and getting there was great, but leaving was pretty miserable. We even left at the start of E2. The second night we purchased parking through AXS and had a much easier time getting home. Leaving the parking garage was a little rough, but much better than the Uber wait.

Great trip as the sightseeing during the day was a lot of fun. The hangovers are a bitch.

Typical_Ant 02-01-2022 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigWhiskey1855 (Post 18124002)
I did my first time last year for the shows, we stayed in the Denver area at an airbnb which was probably just as cheap as a hotel with more amenities. If you are looking to partake in smoking, a lot of places will list if it is friendly to that. The Venue is in a business park so there isn't much that's pretty about that area.

We tried Uber the first night and getting there was great, but leaving was pretty miserable. We even left at the start of E2. The second night we purchased parking through AXS and had a much easier time getting home. Leaving the parking garage was a little rough, but much better than the Uber wait.

Great trip as the sightseeing during the day was a lot of fun. The hangovers are a bitch.

Park in one of the lots, skip the garage. The one by the movie theater is like 20 bucks and there are several others in the business park near by. They are way easier to get out of.

Typical_Ant 02-01-2022 07:50 AM

Quote:

The venue itself is in suburbia. There are good restuarants/bars nearby but not much in terms of stuff to do. If you want a fun trip, stay near Denver. If you are ok with going to the shows, checking out shopping centers nearby, you can stay near the venue and be just fine. I don't recommend uber as it's impossible to grab one after the show.

I'd go airbnb vs hotel, but that's a personal opinion.

Highly recommend getting reserved seats. The lawn is overcrowded and tilted just enough that you'll all be smashed in at the end of the show. I like to know I have a spot so I don't have to get there hours before the doors open.

jmkratt 02-01-2022 07:52 AM

When the dates popped up I fully expected to get skipped.

Put in my Warehouse request again. Fully prepared to be disappointed again, lol

Oh well, excited to see a couple more local shows!

BigWhiskey1855 02-01-2022 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Typical_Ant (Post 18124039)
The venue itself is in suburbia. There are good restuarants/bars nearby but not much in terms of stuff to do. If you want a fun trip, stay near Denver. If you are ok with going to the shows, checking out shopping centers nearby, you can stay near the venue and be just fine. I don't recommend uber as it's impossible to grab one after the show.

Highly recommend getting reserved seats. The lawn is overcrowded and tilted just enough that you'll all be smashed in at the end of the show. I like to know I have a spot so I don't have to get there hours before the doors open.

The reserved seating recommendation is no joke. Last minute sold my lawn for reserved last year and after seeing the lawn, best decision I've made for a show. Even the upper reserved is pretty tilted, so I couldn't imagine how your calves might feel after 2 nights on the lawn.

Speilmen230 02-01-2022 08:06 AM

The lawn is not great. You have to get there when the doors open to get a good spot. I've only done reserved once and me and my GF at the time left the seats and moved back to the lawn because the people around us were miserable. Talking throughout songs, overly drunk, ect. I might give reserved another shot this year.

LeftyDv 02-01-2022 08:09 AM

This will be a Friday only for me. Or I suppose I could scalp my Brandi Carlile tickets and pay for VIP both nights. 365 days in a year and one concert on my "Summer Schedule" and there's a conflict. I wish I was that lucky when it came to Powerball.

Speilmen230 02-01-2022 08:10 AM

I'll be doing both night methinks. After last year's banger N1 and clunker N2, can't chance missing N1.

jmkratt 02-01-2022 08:11 AM

I still thought N2 was fun last year!

credin 02-01-2022 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftyDv (Post 18124084)
This will be a Friday only for me. Or I suppose I could scalp my Brandi Carlile tickets and pay for VIP both nights. 365 days in a year and one concert on my "Summer Schedule" and there's a conflict. I wish I was that lucky when it came to Powerball.

HA. Seen that Brandi is the exact same nights as DMB. If it were me I would do one and one. But I like to mix things up when I get in that scenario. Would rather catch two acts then the same act two nights in a row, even if it is DMB. I am not a Brandi fan so easy for me to pick DMB.

credin 02-01-2022 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmkratt (Post 18124091)

I really enjoyed N2. Helped that it was my son's 2nd show, his first he was too young so it was nice to see him have a really good time.

Speilmen230 02-01-2022 08:15 AM

Encore of N2 was phenomenal. Definitely had some high spots. First time I've ever gotten #40 in any form. But N1 slayed.

illinifan 02-01-2022 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speilmen230 (Post 18124076)
The lawn is not great. You have to get there when the doors open to get a good spot. I've only done reserved once and me and my GF at the time left the seats and moved back to the lawn because the people around us were miserable. Talking throughout songs, overly drunk, ect. I might give reserved another shot this year.

One positive for the lawn is it's pretty small, therefore the view and sound isn't bad. You're pretty close to stage. But yes it's CRAMMED.

credin 02-01-2022 08:33 AM

I did not see anywhere on warehouse for priority selection for a show. Did I miss it?

ExistenceNow 02-01-2022 08:49 AM

We don't need two threads for these shows. Would y'all prefer to rename this one, or close this one and move to the new one?

Speilmen230 02-01-2022 08:54 AM

Locking the new one and renaming this one might be best as this one already has a wealth of searchable info regarding hotels, venue info, and parking. Fiddler's always has a lot of question marks in terms of itinerary for first timers.

Just my .02 - it really doesn't make a difference at the end of the day.

trent84 02-01-2022 08:54 AM

Let's rename it!

ccarey23 02-01-2022 12:10 PM

Maybe better to stay in Denver and set up a car service to go home both nights

spoot388 02-01-2022 12:19 PM

Quote:

its easier to get into denver from a hotel by the venue than it is to get to the venue from a hotel in denver. if you stay in denver, you'll need to deal with all the other people staying in denver and trying to get to/from the venue. if you stay near the venue, you wont have to deal with the crowd of people trying to catch the light rail or an uber.

how long are you thinking about staying in colorado? early sept is an absolutely beautiful time of year out here. if you can, i would strongly suggest making it a full vacation and stay an extra 3+ days besides the show days, if possible, and spend some time in the mountains. you're going to see them from the venue and wish you had time to go into them.

spoot388 02-01-2022 12:22 PM

happy to see fiddlers is indeed 2 nights again. fully planning on doing both. just a matter of who i talk into going with me this year.

spoot388 02-01-2022 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmkratt (Post 18124091)

there was a definite lul during n2. very up and down show. not terrible, had some great moments, but definitely underwhelming considering how the night before went.

ccarey23 02-01-2022 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoot388 (Post 18124583)
its easier to get into denver from a hotel by the venue than it is to get to the venue from a hotel in denver. if you stay in denver, you'll need to deal with all the other people staying in denver and trying to get to/from the venue. if you stay near the venue, you wont have to deal with the crowd of people trying to catch the light rail or an uber.

how long are you thinking about staying in colorado? early sept is an absolutely beautiful time of year out here. if you can, i would strongly suggest making it a full vacation and stay an extra 3+ days besides the show days, if possible, and spend some time in the mountains. you're going to see them from the venue and wish you had time to go into them.

Probably only three days. I was thinking of setting up a car service so we had someone waiting for us. Sounds like the area around the venue is blah. I know nothing about downtown either

ccarey23 02-01-2022 01:58 PM

So never been to Colorado. Stay in Denver and get a car service if possible? Or stay near venue and uber into the city during the day

ccarey23 02-01-2022 02:17 PM

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/4372786...7-06603d9c3f1c

Anyone familiar with this area? Good?

Speilmen230 02-01-2022 02:30 PM

I'm at work and cannot type out a full response at the moment, but I can put something together for first timers later tonight. Stay tuned. :)

ccarey23 02-01-2022 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speilmen230 (Post 18124746)
I'm at work and cannot type out a full response at the moment, but I can put something together for first timers later tonight. Stay tuned. :)

Ok awesome

jmkratt 02-01-2022 07:19 PM

I agree there was a lul in N2 but it started and ended well and was fun. N1 was great, was my son's first show, though he wasn't quite ready for the length of some of the songs, lol. Maybe this year.

Speilmen230 02-01-2022 08:47 PM

OK, below is a somewhat coherent compilation of opinions and info regarding where to stay, info on parking and what time to get to the venue, info on Denver Tech Center/Greenwood Village vs Downtown Denver, and other little nuggets. I didn't want to retype all of this, and now everyone gets credit for their opinions/suggestions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrushB610 (Post 17960566)
not DMB related, but i'm seeing Dead and Co in October at Fiddler's Green... how is the area around the venue? looks like a lot of hotels, but if any air bnb's are in the area would that be considered a safe and chill place?

I know it's not as buzzin as the River North and other areas of Denver but we figured we'd uber into those areas and stay by the venue. Any info is helpful!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmkratt (Post 17960749)
It's in the Tech Center so it's more of a business park surrounded by neighborhoods. I grew up near there. It's definitely safe but pretty quiet. An easy uber or train ride from downtown, River North, the Highlands, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestDenver1 (Post 17961003)
If you've never been to Denver, I wouldn't recommend staying near the venue.. It's mass suburbia and business buildings, malls etc... Very pretty, I grew up near there, but not much to do for visitors. If you happened to find an airbnb you'd likely be in a condo or home in a random neighborhood.

Stay near downtown Denver, you'll be much better off during non-show times with fun stuff to do, explore. Lightrail is easy to get to from just about anywhere there and it will drop you off walking distance to the show.

October is pretty great here as long as it doesn't snow!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrushB610 (Post 17961350)
Good info but post show I imagine it’s going be tough to get an Uber and the prices will be high for a trip from the venue to downtown/city spots compared to just a 5-10 min uber ride if we stay close.

What is Lightrail?

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoot388 (Post 17961408)
commuter train. think SEPTA, but on a smaller scale. the trains will likely also be packed after the show with everyone leaving at the same time. if you are thinking about visiting downtown denver, it would likely be easier to stay near the venue and then uber/lightrail into the city during the day than it would be to do that after the show.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigWhiskey1855 (Post 17966007)
Any recommendations on how early to get there on Saturday? Did 2 day lawn passes as I'm taking a group for a bachelor party and that was the cheap/easy route. I'm not as worried about Friday night, but I know how packed Saturday shows tend to be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoot388 (Post 17973412)
i would say just plan to get there when gates open

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertdogesq (Post 18118480)

Quote:

Originally Posted by trent84 (Post 18118496)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speilmen230 (Post 18119188)
Torchy's and Chuy's aren't terrible choices pre-show. DTC has been more of a daytime lunch spot because of all the business parks around the area, but it's finally starting to lean into the night life side of things as well which is nice for those of us that live in the area. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigWhiskey1855 (Post 18124002)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Typical_Ant (Post 18124022)
Park in one of the lots, skip the garage. The one by the movie theater is like 20 bucks and there are several others in the business park near by. They are way easier to get out of.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Typical_Ant (Post 18124039)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigWhiskey1855 (Post 18124061)
The reserved seating recommendation is no joke. Last minute sold my lawn for reserved last year and after seeing the lawn, best decision I've made for a show. Even the upper reserved is pretty tilted, so I couldn't imagine how your calves might feel after 2 nights on the lawn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by illinifan (Post 18124142)
One positive for the lawn is it's pretty small, therefore the view and sound isn't bad. You're pretty close to stage. But yes it's CRAMMED.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestDenver1 (Post 17961008)
It's been a lot better since they upgraded the sound a few years ago. It used to be where Journey/Whitesnake and random 90's hip hop nostalgia acts would come through..

The lawn is not the best.. They cram people in like sardines and it has a pretty significant slope. Think Gorge but smaller... Everyone just seems to eventually be smashed into the people in front of them...

You have to get there super early to get a decent lawn seat or else you'll be packed into one of the back corners which doesn't always lead to optimal sound or fun.

The venue is nothing to speak of. Some brown walls and tall buildings surrounding it.

For those of you renting a car looking to day-trip - below is good info on Odell's brewery in Fort Collins as well as their Denver location. The patio in Fort Collins is fantastic as stated below. They have a winery now too and the patio is shared between their two facilities.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chumm41 (Post 17944111)
Staying October 5-10 and anything fun really. Bars restaurants breweries etc. Already know we will be venturing out to New Belgium

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftyDv (Post 17944137)
Tour New Belgium if you must, but then go down the street and partake in some real beer at Odell's if you're going to be in Fort Collins. I'll defer to others more knowledgeable on the Denver area. But if you're doing a Fort Collins brewery and missing Odell and their great patio and beer, you really missed out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bausty (Post 17944201)
Truth! O'Dell is a must if you go up that way. I also really liked Funkwerks but sours are not everyone's bag and its a no frills brewery. Not making the drive up this trip but has anyone been to the O'Dell place downtown?

I am looking for some off the beaten path recommendations in and around downtown. I don't need a tour just a place to chill and drink.

Quote:

Originally Posted by credin (Post 17945274)
The odells downtown is really inbetween 5 points and rhino district. It's ok. The upstairs patio is nice. Nowhere near the scale of odells in fort. Worth walking in for a couple of their beers. Rhino district is fun for those wanting to explore bars and breweries, quite a few in rhino.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bausty (Post 17944663)
Yeah the 5 points thing looks like satellite brew pub for those unwilling to drive the hour north. Works perfect for me and I will definitely check it out. Their main facility is in Ft. Collins and worth the trip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by credin (Post 17945279)
Couldn't agree more. If you driving all the way to Fort Collins, I mean I guess on new Belgium. My opinion massively overrated average beers. The tour is fun. But odells is where it is at for real beer between the two. And amazing outdoor patio. Must hit if driving that far.

And finally a little info on visiting Red Rocks and the town of Morrison

Quote:

Originally Posted by USCThrilla34 (Post 18048496)
That'd be great. Haven't seen it since 2004. Mine that's being played regularly is You Never Know, since I've missed it by one or two nights several times.

So Denver / FG pros... before I book our airbnb / hotel this week - it seems the consensus is to stay out closer to the venue and head to other areas during the day? We're only familiar with downtown (stayed near Commons Park in July). We'll have a car, but would kinda prefer not to drive to/from shows. Sounds like light rail to downtown is not the best idea, either. Any last minute advice?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speilmen230 (Post 18049550)
The venue is in an area of town that is pretty mellow. Business parks and commercial businesses like grocery stores, Home Depot and car dealerships.

It really depends on what you're looking to do. If you want to be close to the venue, there are ample options for hotels/Airbnb near by.

If you have a car and you're close to the venue, you can get to anywhere you want in 30-45 min in the greater Denver area (traffic dependent) during the day for adventuring. Again, depends on what you want to do. Plenty of breweries, hiking, and sight seeing all within a reasonable drive from the Denver Tech Center area (DTC). I always recommend going to red rocks even if you aren't seeing a show. They have a museum with exhibits and history on the venue available to the public during the day for free. Parking is also free. It's great for music lovers if you've never been. Morrison is the town where Red Rocks is. Parking can be tough in town, but the venue usually is easy for in and out visiting. Morrison Inn has a rooftop bar with texmex, margs, and good vibes.

spoot388 02-01-2022 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccarey23 (Post 18124696)
Probably only three days. I was thinking of setting up a car service so we had someone waiting for us. Sounds like the area around the venue is blah. I know nothing about downtown either

the venue is in the middle of a business park and is surrounded by offices. there are some restaurants and bars nearby, but not in the immediate area of the venue. there is virtually zero tailgating at the venue as all the lots are private businesses that allow the venue to use the spaces.

LoDo and the 16th street mall are the main parts of downtown denver for food and nightlife. there are some museums and stuff like that. Meow Wolf is a little outside of downtown, but really cool and pretty trippy. there's a lot of stuff around denver, so it depends on what you really want to do. you could even do denver stuff during the day before the shows and venture into the mountains on sunday. breckenridge is about 90 minutes from denver. its a beautiful drive and a cool little town.

spoot388 02-01-2022 10:53 PM

i replied to you again in the 2021 thread, but we can move the conversation over to this one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccarey23 (Post 18124736)
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/4372786...7-06603d9c3f1c

Anyone familiar with this area? Good?

i've heard the union station area is a bit rough right now. i don't venture to that area that often as i live in the suburbs, but i personally have never had any issue in that area. lots of new construction there the last few years and very close to the nightlife areas of downtown, right on the edge of LoDo. but i've heard that there has been an uptick in homelessness/drugs/violence in the area over the past year or so, but the city as a whole, as are most cities, is currently experiencing that uptick so its not necessarily just that area. im sure a one-off weekend staying in the area will be fine.

PS: make sure to hit up Red Rocks. its a city park, so its open to the public when there is no concerts. on show days, its open until about 1pm before they have to get ready for the concert that night.

ExistenceNow 02-01-2022 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speilmen230 (Post 18124198)
Locking the new one and renaming this one might be best as this one already has a wealth of searchable info regarding hotels, venue info, and parking. Fiddler's always has a lot of question marks in terms of itinerary for first timers.

Just my .02 - it really doesn't make a difference at the end of the day.

:thumbsup
Keeping this one makes the most sense to me as well. Since some questions and info were posted in the other one, I've merged it into this one so those posts show up in here.

Speilmen230 02-02-2022 06:26 AM

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2022

Thanks, Matthew!

jmkratt 02-02-2022 06:29 AM

Well done Speilman :thumbsup

ccarey23 02-02-2022 06:55 AM

Thanks. Very helpful. Any good car service companies? I called 303 and they wanted $400 bucks per night just to get picked up. That is nuts!!!

Speilmen230 02-02-2022 07:31 AM

If you're paying $400 a night for a car service you might be better to rent one. If you stay near the venue you can just walk.
Light rail during the day is very easy and cheap for getting up to downtown from DTC.

I personally don't know anything about car service providers. Maybe others do?

spoot388 02-02-2022 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccarey23 (Post 18125331)
Thanks. Very helpful. Any good car service companies? I called 303 and they wanted $400 bucks per night just to get picked up. That is nuts!!!

shit, i'll give you a ride back after the show for half that! :lol

ccarey23 02-03-2022 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoot388 (Post 18126578)
shit, i'll give you a ride back after the show for half that! :lol

Thats insane

ccarey23 02-09-2022 10:19 AM

I booked the Wyndam for the nights of the shows. Want to stay in Denver on Wed- Thurs. Any pointers