Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMB Tour Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   *** Official Denver, CO 2022 (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=354246)

credin 05-04-2020 12:16 PM

*** Official Denver, CO 2022

Might as well get it started, we are back in 2021.

credin 05-04-2020 12:24 PM

Re: *** Official Denver, CO 2021

Dates are 10/1 and 10/2. Late in year. Will be interesting if it continues at Fiddlers or moves to pepsi center since it is October. I didn't see anything that said a venue.

ebonecapone 05-04-2020 12:36 PM

WH says it is Fiddler's.

groogrux27 05-04-2020 12:43 PM

any word on when these go on sale?

Benny003 05-04-2020 12:53 PM

So disappointed it's not Red Rocks. Oh well.

credin 05-04-2020 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebonecapone (Post 17694664)
WH says it is Fiddler's.

Cool. Never know that time of year. Could be nice, could be chilly, could be snowing.

jmkratt 05-04-2020 03:29 PM

Something to look forward to...in a year and a half, lol

LeftyDv 05-04-2020 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmkratt (Post 17695041)
Something to look forward to...in a year and a half, lol

Got the update on my Ants app and called all my friends. I was the only one excited. I guess most people don't plan their lives 17 months out.

flames_theman 05-04-2020 11:21 PM

What is the best hotel option within walking distance to the venue?

zjg135 05-05-2020 05:33 AM

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...5-54ba596febe2

Walk to outside merch get your stuff and take it back to the room. Plenty of restaurants and the light rail there as well. Usually full of several other DMB fans. Spacious rooms too.

jmkratt 05-05-2020 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftyDv (Post 17695393)
Got the update on my Ants app and called all my friends. I was the only one excited. I guess most people don't plan their lives 17 months out.

At first I thought it was this fall and got really excited. Then I calmed down when I saw it was next year.

Still excited though. I mean it, something to look forward to seeing as all of my concerts so far this year have been cancelled or likely will :shrug

ebonecapone 05-05-2020 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flames_theman (Post 17695394)

We stayed at the Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Village/Denver Tech in 2018.

Able to go get merch outside of venue, take back to room, then go into amp. It was nice.

Speilmen230 05-05-2020 10:06 AM

I'll be there for N2. We'll see on N1. The last two times at Fiddlers they mail it in N1 and drop all the goodies on N2. Last year I skipped N1 to go see Joe Rogan stand up at the Bellco theater. Well worth it.

Hoping the rarities continue for us at Fiddlers. Last year was my favorite opening run of tunes I've seen in person.

Why I Am
Grace is Gone ->
Warehouse
Sam Cop
Kill the Preacher (tease) ->
Dont Drink the Water
Spoon (!!!!)
The Best of Whats Around (!!!)

Sam Cop is a big wet fart to me, but aside from that, I'd take that opening run at every show.

SoCalDMBLover 05-05-2020 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benny003 (Post 17694712)
So disappointed it's not Red Rocks. Oh well.

Not even a worldwide pandemic can get them to play Red Rocks again.

Speilmen230 05-06-2020 12:30 PM

They'll play red rocks again once they can't draw 15k in one night. And then it will become a destination expensive show which will also suck for locals.

jmkratt 05-07-2020 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speilmen230 (Post 17697177)
They'll play red rocks again once they can't draw 15k in one night. And then it will become a destination expensive show which will also suck for locals.

Facts....

flames_theman 05-07-2020 07:44 AM

Thanks for the hotel suggestions. It appears it’s to far out to book, lol. Seriously considering adding Denver next year though!!

SoCalDMBLover 05-07-2020 09:54 AM

Quote:

They'll play red rocks again once they can't draw 15k in one night.

Meaning they'll never play there as a group, since they're always going to be able to draw that many.

Speilmen230 05-07-2020 03:19 PM

:lol :lol

That's hilarious.

This band's attendance is declining year after year.

jmkratt 05-08-2020 06:19 AM

They do still sell out Fiddlers twice every time they come though

lockman21 05-08-2020 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flames_theman (Post 17695394)

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Denver Tech Center

Useliteski 05-08-2020 09:49 AM

i am very into this. it will have been 8 long years since i've seen them at that point. i expect to have a really really good time, which i wasn't when i was setlist bitching half the time because i had seen them like 4 times already that summer and the year before...etc...

Speilmen230 05-08-2020 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmkratt (Post 17699120)
They do still sell out Fiddlers twice every time they come though

If they had come through Denver with two stops for the last 10 years do you think it would be all sell outs? I think the band and the local promoter in Denver have strategically held back DMB in Denver to drive demand.

They skipped us in 2020. So what the new date says to me is they were coming back in 2021 anyway, which again means they skipped us purposefully this year.

Useliteski 05-08-2020 09:52 AM

RR is tiny, but i had no idea it was a venue where once you hit a certain crowd number you just say fuck it. I've seen some bands there who could easily sell out amphitheaters, and have. interesting.

Speilmen230 05-08-2020 09:54 AM

Two nights is a standard move for the big acts at RR. Sometimes 3 nights.

Tom Petty easily could have sold out Fiddlers or Pepsi on his 40th anniversary tour but he instead did 2 red rocks shows. And they were magic.

I've also heard the load in logistics for RR is a chore and a half. But ya know... Whatever? It obviously doesn't stop many major acts from playing there.

jmkratt 05-08-2020 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speilmen230 (Post 17699446)
If they had come through Denver with two stops for the last 10 years do you think it would be all sell outs? I think the band and the local promoter in Denver have strategically held back DMB in Denver to drive demand.

They skipped us in 2020. So what the new date says to me is they were coming back in 2021 anyway, which again means they skipped us purposefully this year.

I agree it's a strategy thing and I don't like it ;) Not sure I agree with it either as they have always done well in Colorado though. That being said would they sell out every year? I don't know.

Speilmen230 05-08-2020 10:39 AM

Heard that. It would be dope if they did back to back 3 night stands for Red Rocks and the Gorge. Thursday-Sat at RR the weekend before labor day and then the traditional 3 night stand over labor day for the Gorge.

ISawTheBridge10 05-08-2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speilmen230 (Post 17699448)

Tom Petty easily could have sold out Fiddlers or Pepsi on his 40th anniversary tour but he instead did 2 red rocks shows. And they were magic.

I've also heard the load in logistics for RR is a chore and a half. But ya know... Whatever? It obviously doesn't stop many major acts from playing there.

It's not so much of a logistical issue that they couldn't possibly do 3-4 nights there every couple of years. Even if it meant having a scaled back stage/lighting rig.

Oh, you mean each one of them may not be able to take their own 50 ft tour bus to the venue?? Tragic.

Speilmen230 05-08-2020 10:57 AM

From my understanding it's actually more of a crew thing than the band having their private buses next to the venue.

This is an old article about the Allman Brothers playing there in 2003.

Click the "Show Spoiler" Button to reveal hidden text.

tyler3440 05-08-2020 11:06 AM

Quote:

I’d say Dave and Tim play there before the full band easy. Although, 2017 was the perfect opportunity and it didn’t happen.

ISawTheBridge10 05-08-2020 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speilmen230 (Post 17699531)
From my understanding it's actually more of a crew thing than the band having their private buses next to the venue.

This is an old article about the Allman Brothers playing there in 2003.

Exactly, so scale back/try to minimize some of the equipment and pick a stretch of days not smack dab in the middle of the tour so the logistics isn't stressed.

I mean, hell, these guys play in Cincinnati one night and then outside of Detroit the next. If given enough time to plan, I don't really see Red Rocks being the biggest issue.

Useliteski 05-08-2020 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speilmen230 (Post 17699448)

man i wish i could have made it to those Tom Petty shows. He was an artist i saw every summer with the family from like 12-19?! we always used to do a pig roast in the parking lot with like a dozen families. it was so much fun. special music to me for obvious reasons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISawTheBridge10 (Post 17699518)
It's not so much of a logistical issue that they couldn't possibly do 3-4 nights there every couple of years. Even if it meant having a scaled back stage/lighting rig.

Oh, you mean each one of them may not be able to take their own 50 ft tour bus to the venue?? Tragic.

i was thinking how much fun the acoustic band sets from 2014-15 would be at RR. :thumbsup

Speilmen230 05-08-2020 11:34 AM

I was lucky enough to catch N1 of the red rocks memorial day weekend shows for the 40th tour. My first and only Petty show. Im not sure why, but my parents are huge petty fans but never saw him live. They've seen tons of acts, but they never saw petty. It's their biggest regret.

It's my favorite concert of all time. My gf's mom bought us 2nd row tickets for her birthday. Joe Walsh opening was icing on a perfect cake.

tyler3440 05-08-2020 11:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Widespread Panic plays Red Rocks every year, no reason phish or DMB couldn’t do it. Guess they just make more money playing Denver. I think I’m just going to see panic there sometime in the next two years. I have been to the venue, just not for a show. I would LOVE to see a show at Redrocks.

Speilmen230 05-08-2020 11:45 AM

It's a game changer.

Useliteski 05-08-2020 11:53 AM

Red Rocks is one of those places i dreamed of seeing a show at for so long. I used to imagine myself in the crowd on the dmb 95 recording and then countless other times during WSP and SCI sets when i would watch and listen. i made a point to visit the venue before even checking in with my friend who i would be staying with when i moved here :lol but honestly i don't regret it. I don't remember who was sound checking but i remember being embarrassed by my reaction to looking down on the stage because i just started crying. beautiful place, but if you've imagined it for so many years, its just that much more cool.

Speilmen230 05-08-2020 12:00 PM

I was in tears tons of times throughout the petty show. It actually started during Walsh's set when he did Take It To The Limit and dedicated it to Glenn Frye. It was me (26 at the time) and a bunch of 50+ year old men and women in tears. Such a special night.

Well said on the fantasizing on being in the audience and seeing a show there. :thumbsup

tyler3440 05-08-2020 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Useliteski (Post 17699621)
Red Rocks is one of those places i dreamed of seeing a show at for so long. I used to imagine myself in the crowd on the dmb 95 recording and then countless other times during WSP and SCI sets when i would watch and listen. i made a point to visit the venue before even checking in with my friend who i would be staying with when i moved here :lol but honestly i don't regret it. I don't remember who was sound checking but i remember being embarrassed by my reaction to looking down on the stage because i just started crying. beautiful place, but if you've imagined it for so many years, its just that much more cool.

Same here... I blasted RR95 in the car on the way to Red Rocks. Then when I did get to the venue I couldn’t believe I was actually there. The walkway to the venue is steep, but I was so excited I practically ran.

Useliteski 05-08-2020 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speilmen230 (Post 17699634)
I was in tears tons of times throughout the petty show. It actually started during Walsh's set when he did Take It To The Limit and dedicated it to Glenn Frye. It was me (26 at the time) and a bunch of 50+ year old men and women in tears. Such a special night.

Well said on the fantasizing on being in the audience and seeing a show there. :thumbsup

dude with 2nd row seats too?! i can only imagine. that's a such a cool experience for RR, especially. It felt like someone stabbed me in the heart when i passed that up and then he passed. happy to look back and remember that i saw him actually play with Steve Winwood and Stevie fucking Nicks! a lifetime of memories.

When we're old and grey, this will be the stuff we look back on.

Speilmen230 05-08-2020 12:13 PM

100%

Seeing Petty and having him pass that fall was my motivation to drop some coin on tickets to go see the stones at Mile High last summer. This is the stuff that I view as once in a lifetime. I was super bummed I had a conflict with the Buffet/Eagles show a few years back at Coors before Glenn passed.

My parents were such an influence on my musical taste that I'm desperately trying to see the oldies before they hang it up.

I have friends who get it and others who don't. Those who don't get it makes me a little sad. Red Rocks is church for me. I'm religious about my concerts.

Useliteski 05-08-2020 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler3440 (Post 17699642)
Same here... I blasted RR95 in the car on the way to Red Rocks. Then when I did get to the venue I couldn’t believe I was actually there. The walkway to the venue is steep, but I was so excited I practically ran.

i love this. i can picture it. nothing better than this moment right here!

ISawTheBridge10 05-08-2020 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler3440 (Post 17699642)

It definitely had that "am I really here?" feel to the entire experience.

.................................................. .........................that also could have been because I was super high.

Regardless, it was an emotional moment.

Useliteski 05-08-2020 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speilmen230 (Post 17699647)
100%

Seeing Petty and having him pass that fall was my motivation to drop some coin on tickets to go see the stones at Mile High last summer. This is the stuff that I view as once in a lifetime. I was super bummed I had a conflict with the Buffet/Eagles show a few years back at Coors before Glenn passed.

My parents were such an influence on my musical taste that I'm desperately trying to see the oldies before they hang it up.

I have friends who get it and others who don't. Those who don't get it makes me a little sad. Red Rocks is church for me. I'm religious about my concerts.

man, i feel every little bit of this post.

I owe so much of my musical tastes to my Dad. I was probably the only 13 year old in the entire crowd at the Allman Bros show in 03', but my dad new it would evolve into the same love of music that he had when he was that age, and my god did it... what a cool thing to get to pass down.

the death that truly stung me the most with this in mind was Gregg's passing. when i was discovering music, truly, for the first time, they Allman Brothers were the jumping off point. Me and my old man were still at the last show ever at the Beacon, and that was truly something else. Hard to put into words. I didn't think it would be the last time i saw Gregg, and i tried for years after, but either he was sick, or i had to reschedule.

Long live the Allman Brothers Band :thumbsup

my next artist that i know i need to see fast is Eric Clapton. That night was sold out during the 07 Beacon run.

jmkratt 05-08-2020 12:23 PM

Best venue I've ever been to. Easily.

Useliteski 05-08-2020 12:25 PM

speaking of cool parents, mine took me to the see the Rolling Stones when i was 15 at the TD Garden in Boston, and then let me take the next day off of school.

love you mom and dad!

Useliteski 05-08-2020 12:27 PM

oh wait that allman bros show was def in 09. man, i cant even count how many times i've seen them...

Speilmen230 05-08-2020 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Useliteski (Post 17699659)
man, i feel every little bit of this post.

I owe so much of my musical tastes to my Dad. I was probably the only 13 year old in the entire crowd at the Allman Bros show in 03', but my dad new it would evolve into the same love of music that he had when he was that age, and my god did it... what a cool thing to get to pass down.

the death that truly stung me the most with this in mind was Gregg's passing. when i was discovering music, truly, for the first time, they Allman Brothers were the jumping off point. Me and my old man were still at the last show ever at the Beacon, and that was truly something else. Hard to put into words. I didn't think it would be the last time i saw Gregg, and i tried for years after, but either he was sick, or i had to reschedule.

Long live the Allman Brothers Band :thumbsup

my next artist that i know i need to see fast is Eric Clapton. That night was sold out during the 07 Beacon run.

Love stories like this. I never got to see the Allman Brothers. My dad saw them 3 or 4 times throughout the years.

My mom saw the stones in like 82. My dad has never seen them and I told him he should remedy that in 2020. Obviously that won't happen now.

My mom was going to surprise my dad with tickets to Steve Miller Band at RR in August but that also got cancelled. That would have been another one crossed off the list for classic rocks bands.

Sniper15 05-14-2020 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Useliteski (Post 17699447)
RR is tiny, but i had no idea it was a venue where once you hit a certain crowd number you just say fuck it. I've seen some bands there who could easily sell out amphitheaters, and have. interesting.

Most people aren't willing to do their job for significantly less money in a slightly nicer office. Rock A-listers like Petty are the exception to the rule. Look at the Red Rocks calendar each summer and you never see bands like: DMB, Pearl Jam, Coldplay, U2, the Chili Peppers, Radiohead, Fleetwood Mac, Foo Fighters, Springsteen, Green Day, Phish and Dead & Company on the calendar. Bands lionize Red Rocks but once they graduate to larger venues, they almost never come back and take less money for the opportunity to play there. Top tier artist could obviously advocate for Red Rocks bookings but they don't because they want to maximize their profits at every tour stop. Fans like to romanticize venues but to the artist it's a business. DMB won't be back at Red Rocks until they start drawing less than 9k at their Pepsi Center or Fiddlers shows.

TypicalBilly14 05-14-2020 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper15 (Post 17705602)
Most people aren't willing to do their job for significantly less money in a slightly nicer office. Rock A-listers like Petty are the exception to the rule. Look at the Red Rocks calendar each summer and you never see bands like: DMB, Pearl Jam, Coldplay, U2, the Chili Peppers, Radiohead, Fleetwood Mac, Foo Fighters, Springsteen, Green Day, Phish and Dead & Company on the calendar. Bands lionize Red Rocks but once they graduate to larger venues, they almost never come back and take less money for the opportunity to play there. Top tier artist could obviously advocate for Red Rocks bookings but they don't because they want to maximize their profits at every tour stop. Fans like to romanticize venues but to the artist it's a business. DMB won't be back at Red Rocks until they start drawing less than 9k at their Pepsi Center or Fiddlers shows.

What if a big name artist were to make Red Rocks a residency for 10 dates? Could they make it worth it financially? Obviously Pearl Jam and DMB could sell out all 10 dates easily. There are acts that have made Vegas a residency, of course like Aerosmith that it must have been worth it and Billy Joel plays MSG all the time. If DMB during October of 2021 after the Gorge played a 10 date residency at Red Rocks, maybe they could bump up the price a tad make it worth DMB's while?

ISawTheBridge10 05-15-2020 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper15 (Post 17705602)

Why'd they play there in 2005? At that point they had been selling out arenas and large amphitheaters for years.

seanbrutus 05-15-2020 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISawTheBridge10 (Post 17706021)
Why'd they play there in 2005? At that point they had been selling out arenas and large amphitheaters for years.

I think his point still stands. And wasn't the RR 05 show for charity or just a ten year celebration of RR 95 or something? And after those one off shows, they never returned.

Speilmen230 05-15-2020 11:42 AM

I believe RR 05 supported Katrina. I could be wrong on that.

Sniper15 05-15-2020 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISawTheBridge10 (Post 17706021)

Honestly, I think the only reason DMB played in 2005 is become PBS paid them to play there so they could record an episode of Soundstage. PBS's fee, and the money they anticipated making from DVD and CD sales, financially incentivized them to play there instead of a larger venue where their profit margins would be greater. I know a lot of people like to think of 2005 as some triumphant return to Red Rocks the band did for the fans, but in reality those shows were probably catalyzed by PBS reaching out to them and their desire to record a DVD at a venue with a lot of name recognition to maximize sales.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 (Post 17705608)
What if a big name artist were to make Red Rocks a residency for 10 dates? Could they make it worth it financially? Obviously Pearl Jam and DMB could sell out all 10 dates easily. There are acts that have made Vegas a residency, of course like Aerosmith that it must have been worth it and Billy Joel plays MSG all the time. If DMB during October of 2021 after the Gorge played a 10 date residency at Red Rocks, maybe they could bump up the price a tad make it worth DMB's while?

I’m not sure if they could move 90,000 tickets, maybe in 2000 they could pull that off but I don’t think they could now—especially in October when people would be significantly less likely to travel to the shows. The venue probably wouldn't give anyone that many dates in the summer; Red Rocks literally has one of the most crowded calendars of any venue in the country. I think you could see D&T at Red Rocks soon but the band is still a long time away from that type of venue downsizing.

Speilmen230 05-15-2020 12:53 PM

I have also heard that red rocks weekend slots are booked out years in advance. Joe Rogan a few years ago (2017/8ish) said he wanted to do a Friday or Saturday night standup set at RR and they said they didn’t have any summer weekend slots available until like 2021. He said he could only get tuesdays and thursdays and he had no desire to do that.

I have no idea how accurate that is, but just something I found interesting. That would mean these EDM acts that play Friday’s and Saturday’s have been booked like 4 years in advance?

ISawTheBridge10 05-15-2020 02:10 PM

I get that they may have outgrown the venue as far as popularity goes. I'm just not buying the "it's tough to get equipment there" or "we won't make enough money."

Most of the band members (according to the world wide internets) have $50+ million in the bank, and Dave is pushing $300 million.

Do something for the love of the music, fans, and venue for me. One time.

credin 05-16-2020 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 (Post 17705608)

It comes down to a couple things. Pretty sure DMB does not want to do a ten night stand and pretty sure red rocks does not want to commit to a ten night stand. Its all about $$ and a ten night stand at red rocks is profitable but they can play 2 nights at fiddlers and probably walk away with almost the same amount of money. Plus 10 nights, what are they going to do play shake me 7 of the 10 nights. Its just too long in one town, even for red rocks. Its is not worth there time. I don't think it is about load in/out, it's about profit.

Nelliefj40 05-16-2020 09:42 AM

What would be the best way to get tickets for fiddlers green next year? Im relatively new to attending shows and have only purchased through ticketmaster to the Des Moines show last year. Would that be an option would you think? What might you guess tickets would cost?

Thanks!

Sniper15 05-16-2020 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISawTheBridge10 (Post 17706313)
I get that they may have outgrown the venue as far as popularity goes. I'm just not buying the "it's tough to get equipment there" or "we won't make enough money."

Most of the band members (according to the world wide internets) have $50+ million in the bank, and Dave is pushing $300 million.

Do something for the love of the music, fans, and venue for me. One time.

I bet there are some people in the DMB camp that genuinely think they're doing right by the fans by not playing Red Rocks, since playing a small venue like that would mean that a lot of Colorado fans would be shut out of tickets. It was extremely difficult to get tickets in 2005, if you didn't get lucky through the WH, or Ticketmaster, you were probably looking at spending between $600 to $1,000 for a pair of tickets on the secondary market. You might have been able to get a pair for $350 to $400 if you bought early before the scalpers realized how incredible the demand was for these shows.This is the rare venue were you're literally competing with thousands of people from all over the country for an extremely small number of tickets. I don't think most people fathom how hard of a ticket this would be. In 2005, it wasn't like a modern day show at the Gorge, Alpine, or SPAC where there are like 40 pairs of awesome tickets on sites like StubHub, the week before the show, and bunch of people selling tickets in the parking lot. Even if you were a rich motherfucker, who didn't give a shit about cost, it wasn't easy to get into those shows. With platinum tickets, I suspect it would be even more difficult and expensive to get good Red Rocks tickets now. I believe the band primarily avoids Red Rocks for financial reasons but also think they might think it's better to play a venue that allows the maximum number of local fans the opportunity to see them rather than a venue where only the affluent, or the very lucky, would get the chance to see them play.

jmkratt 05-26-2020 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speilmen230 (Post 17706179)
I believe RR 05 supported Katrina. I could be wrong on that.

They had the original 3-night stand set before Katrina, added the 4th for the hurricane relief.

Melted 06-09-2020 03:56 PM

Sorry for the dumb question but when do tickets go on sale? Did I already miss the boat?

Bmwm3oz 06-10-2020 01:52 PM

This thread is the best thing I’ve read on this forum in a long time.

#34Stickyfinger 07-09-2020 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melted (Post 17725329)
Sorry for the dumb question but when do tickets go on sale? Did I already miss the boat?

Wondering the same thing... I would guess not until we know Covid isn't going to be an issue next year, and probably similar timing to a normal tour... meaning late January/February pre sale...

seanbrutus 07-10-2020 10:54 AM

They haven't gone on sale yet, no worries.

#34Stickyfinger 07-15-2020 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanbrutus (Post 17747152)
They haven't gone on sale yet, no worries.

How about yet?

UrsadonDMB 07-15-2020 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmwm3oz (Post 17726028)
This thread is the best thing I’ve read on this forum in a long time.

Read this post and had to back read. Love a Red Rocks chat.

I do know they have to unload cases from semis on to smaller box trucks in order to get up the hill. So you are essentially loading in and loading out twice for one show.

Sounds like a pain but I bet the overtime is great for stagehands :D

saxlover 07-22-2020 07:54 AM

morning fine people. nice to have CO shows for next year. this whole year is difficult, hope everyone is doing alright. what a crazy time.

dryden2911 07-29-2020 08:26 PM

I'm hoping to catch another sunrise at RR when I'm there.

seanbrutus 07-29-2020 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxlover (Post 17754364)
morning fine people. nice to have CO shows for next year. this whole year is difficult, hope everyone is doing alright. what a crazy time.

I hope you are doing alright as well.

fiddlemethis 07-30-2020 12:44 PM

I'm actually thinking October of 2021 we might actually get to see shows.. I don't think the rest of the summer is too likely at this point...

LeftyDv 09-22-2020 04:30 PM

Not telling anybody how to vote or to spend their money... but this needed to be posted in here for us Colorado peeps who may not have seen the story:

https://theknow.denverpost.com/2020/...raiser/245631/

saxlover 11-03-2020 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dryden2911 (Post 17759859)
I'm hoping to catch another sunrise at RR when I'm there.

mt morrison trail is pretty sweet. excellent red rocks views

HonestDenver1 02-05-2021 11:29 AM

Still holding out hope for these shows... I'm hoping the Superbowl is the beginning for what the process might look like for getting groups of some size back into large outdoor venues.. I realize a sold out packed show is probably not happening this year.. But maybe 40 percent? Especially outdoors..

credin 02-12-2021 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestDenver1 (Post 17889529)
Still holding out hope for these shows... I'm hoping the Superbowl is the beginning for what the process might look like for getting groups of some size back into large outdoor venues.. I realize a sold out packed show is probably not happening this year.. But maybe 40 percent? Especially outdoors..

I wouldn't hold your breath.

TypicalBilly14 02-13-2021 06:50 AM

Maybe Dave & Tim will play a secret show at Red Rocks. :popcorn

HonestDenver1 02-22-2021 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TypicalBilly14 (Post 17895108)
Maybe Dave & Tim will play a secret show at Red Rocks. :popcorn

Oh shoot. They already did. I can't say anymore though.

kevinmavs 02-22-2021 08:30 PM

wait what

Stang117 04-21-2021 01:37 PM

Well after a few years off, if the rumors hold true, looks like me and my best friend will be doing Denver x2 (if i can get tickets). Where does everyone stay? And I remember there was pretty much no tailgating that I saw last time, where does everyone park?

jmkratt 04-22-2021 09:31 AM

Let’s see if the Warehouse helps at all :lol

There are a couple hotels nearby. It’s in a business park so tailgating is tough.

flames_theman 04-22-2021 09:32 AM

Just booked a room at the Wyndham

IanJHickey 04-22-2021 09:39 AM

What's the venue and overall concert experience like here? Is it travel-worthy?

Stang117 04-22-2021 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanJHickey (Post 17939374)
What's the venue and overall concert experience like here? Is it travel-worthy?

Very basic venue, not really any tailgating. Denver is great though. YMMV, but it didn't really think the venue was any more special than the Dallas pavillion I usually go to. If you are going to travel, do it for Denver, not the venue.

credin 04-22-2021 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stang117 (Post 17939395)
Very basic venue, not really any tailgating. Denver is great though. YMMV, but it didn't really think the venue was any more special than the Dallas pavillion I usually go to. If you are going to travel, do it for Denver, not the venue.

Yep. Like said here. Very basic venue, nothing special. 11 strict curfew. It's in a business park so tailgating is not allowed. It happens and sometimes you can get away with it. Other times security comes and kicks you out and typically they are jerks about it. Crowd atmosphere has been nothing special the last couple of years at the venue. Pretty average overall.

It's really about coming to and visiting Colorado if you have never done that before.

credin 04-22-2021 02:00 PM

Something else to be aware of for these shows is that they are typically in august and now in October. Make no mistake October is a swing month in Colorado. Could be 70 degrees, could be 40, could be 25 with snow.

jmkratt 04-22-2021 02:32 PM

I wish they'd stop playing Fiddlers but I will take what we can.

I will plan on driving and parking in the RTD lot with a smaller tailgate again.

coldengrey12 04-22-2021 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by credin (Post 17940009)
Something else to be aware of for these shows is that they are typically in august and now in October. Make no mistake October is a swing month in Colorado. Could be 70 degrees, could be 40, could be 25 with snow.

Yeah, this is wise advise

I saw Counting Crows at Fiddler's once and they did not take an encore break because it was snowing and they wanted to stay warm lol

Climb2safety 04-23-2021 11:28 AM

Hello everyone,

This is pretty interesting.

This should be open by the October shows, where the old CB Potts was. It’s a great location to pregame and postgame, walking distance to the venue.

https://theknow.denverpost.com/2021/...-guard/257119/

DMB or not glad something that looks interesting is opening here.

credin 04-23-2021 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 17940772)
Hello everyone,

This is pretty interesting.

This should be open by the October shows, where the old CB Potts was. It’s a great location to pregame and postgame, walking distance to the venue.

https://theknow.denverpost.com/2021/...-guard/257119/

DMB or not glad something that looks interesting is opening here.

Pretty cool. Good to see something go in the building. Potts had become a shell of itself the last couple of years. Bad food, bad beer, bad service.

jmkratt 04-23-2021 03:56 PM

Yeah I don't even remember the last times I went to Potts.

Climb2safety 04-23-2021 04:20 PM

I liked Potts a lot and have went there before and after every fiddlers concert I’ve been too.

Maybe it’s not as good as 1995 when I first went there but oh well. Nothing is.

There is also one in HR we went too sometimes, usually before movies. My song ate the 1 lb burger I remember one time lol.

It’s at least as good as the place I’m going to tonight.

seanbrutus 04-24-2021 02:45 PM

I've requested for both shows, and have even opted for premium for N1 since it's my birthday, but if anyone has any extra pits for N1, please let me know. I want to do it right.

jmkratt 04-25-2021 08:37 AM

Yeah I didn't mean to rag on Potts with my post. I spent A LOT of time there in Fort Collins back when I was in school but that was 20 years ago. I think the last time I was there was the location by Fiddlers for a football game but I couldn't tell you when that was. Just wasn't convenient where we live now. A lot of good memories there.

credin 04-25-2021 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmkratt (Post 17941651)
Yeah I didn't mean to rag on Potts with my post. I spent A LOT of time there in Fort Collins back when I was in school but that was 20 years ago. I think the last time I was there was the location by Fiddlers for a football game but I couldn't tell you when that was. Just wasn't convenient where we live now. A lot of good memories there.

Nah didn't think you were taking a piss on Potts. Ha had to write that. I get where you were coming from. I have lots of great memories of Potts as well. I went to UNC but we used to drive to the original in Fort Collins to eat. Unfortunately I think they grew too fast and couldn't keep customer service and food qualities going. I have great memories of Potts but my love for them for sure faded over the years. As I guess everyone else did as well since they have closed all of the locations except for one. It's too bad.

credin 04-25-2021 04:35 PM

Oh and yeah. Graduated UNC in 98 so was driving to Fort Collins back in 96 to eat. I hate writing that. 😂. The years do tick by.

seanbrutus 04-25-2021 07:10 PM

Thoughts on when they will put up confirmations?

credin 04-25-2021 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanbrutus (Post 17941941)

No idea. My guess would be Wednesday. Has to be before Friday for sure.

jmkratt 04-26-2021 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by credin (Post 17941822)
Oh and yeah. Graduated UNC in 98 so was driving to Fort Collins back in 96 to eat. I hate writing that. 😂. The years do tick by.

:lol Yeah I am not quite there but I understand the sentiment! I started at CSU in 99 which seems like a lifetime ago

Climb2safety 04-26-2021 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmkratt (Post 17941651)

It’s all good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by credin (Post 17941822)

I have a sophomore at UNC studying Jazz Performance.

LeftyDv 04-26-2021 10:08 AM

Pending charges... which means absolutely nothing. But it's a lot more fun to talk about than COVID. Also, you went to Fort Collins for food from Greeley? Haha. Come back and give us another chance. We've gotten better - promise. (Although it still smells like shit.)

poshsta420 04-26-2021 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanbrutus (Post 17941941)

citi presale is tommorrow... confirmation should be up by the end of the day or tommorrow morning

Dmathews13 04-26-2021 11:02 AM

Do pending charges mean anything? I can't remember because it's been so long since I bought tix through the Warehouse. I know for Phish ticketing the pending charges always imply what you got, but wasn't sure if DMB charges before running the lottery.