Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TheLastPig 05-19-2017 07:59 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)

While I didnt see last night's, Ive gotta give credit to JR, he is the best guy doing between period and after game analysis on NBCSN now I think. He actually gets excited about stuff, isnt biased and is generally pleasant to listen to.

Really changed from maybe 3 or so years back.

TheLastPig 05-19-2017 08:00 AM

Great sign :lol

https://twitter.com/stoolchiclets/st...00057901613062

TMoore4075 05-19-2017 08:21 AM

Murray looks to be starting tonight.

jrkarger 05-19-2017 08:32 AM

Source? 888888888888888888

TheLastPig 05-19-2017 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16793743)
Source? 888888888888888888

Just found this

https://twitter.com/renlavoietva/sta...86751519080448

TMoore4075 05-19-2017 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16793746)

Yeah, that.

jrkarger 05-19-2017 08:36 AM

Ahhh, i see.

My bad. Twitter is blocked at work.

TMoore4075 05-19-2017 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16793750)
Ahhh, i see.

My bad. Twitter is blocked at work.

Losers.

"Matt Murray n'a pas partagé le filet et est le premier gardien à quitter l'entraînement. Il affrontera les @senators ce soir. #seriesLNH"

Or if you HAVE to have it in English:

"Matt Murray first out this morning. Had his own net at practice. He will face the @senators tonight. Marc-André Fleury doing extra."

Dramageek 05-19-2017 08:56 AM

Hmm, not sure I agree with that move. But maybe the more positionally sound Murray is a better option against Ottawa. I don't know. At least if they lose, they won't have to answer why they didn't try this option. :lol

TheLastPig 05-19-2017 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16793767)
Hmm, not sure I agree with that move. But maybe the more positionally sound Murray is a better option against Ottawa. I don't know. At least if they lose, they won't have to answer why they didn't try this option. :lol

I think its the safer bet for the reasoned I mentioned yesterday. He controls loose pucks, fluery has started to look shaky and maybe it puts a little extra bounce in their step.

TMoore4075 05-19-2017 09:03 AM

Quote:

I hope that wasn't brought into their reasoning. lol but you do know they would hear it. Even if they lost the next two games 1-0 in both people would ask why didn't you make the change?

bradshaw06 05-19-2017 09:11 AM

Very interesting going with Murray. I've been going back and forth about this. I am Murray guy, but i would have gone with fleury. Then again, i know Murray is Sully's guy. Very tough decision

bradshaw06 05-19-2017 09:13 AM

I mean, one of the bigger arguments from earlier in the season was that murray controlled things better than fleury, it seemed to have a calming effect on the team. Maf was known to give up early and/or big goals. We'll see

Lcsulla 05-19-2017 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16793757)
Or if you HAVE to have it in English:

"Matt Murray first out this morning. Had his own net at practice. He will face the @senators tonight. Marc-André Fleury doing extra."

I think most of us in here would prefer to read that news in English rather than swahili! :lol

Lcsulla 05-19-2017 09:49 AM

Quote:

I know this is sort of a must win game for the Pens but MAF has been damn solid through the playoffs, if they do end up repeating the guy has to be on the short list for the Conn Smyth.

bradshaw06 05-19-2017 09:52 AM

Not going to matter who is in net if they dont score.

TMoore4075 05-19-2017 09:58 AM

Pens need to win tonight. With all their injuries, they can't go down 3-1. 3-1 is tough enough but missing all the guys they are missing makes it even tougher.

TheLastPig 05-19-2017 10:21 AM

Yikes just saw the post gazette sports front page was a headline asking about who should start, they had a picutre of MAF on the left, then someone totally fucked up and put a picture of Jarry on the right :lol

So blatant too, it says JARRY right on the bottom of his mask clear as day

TheLastPig 05-19-2017 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16793785)
I mean, one of the bigger arguments from earlier in the season was that murray controlled things better than fleury, it seemed to have a calming effect on the team. Maf was known to give up early and/or big goals. We'll see

I think this is exactly why hes starting.

Plus you kind of throw the Sens a bit of a monkey wrench away from their scouting report on the goalie

Lcsulla 05-19-2017 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16793844)
I think this is exactly why hes starting.

Plus you kind of throw the Sens a bit of a monkey wrench away from their scouting report on the goalie

As Bradshaw06 stated it doesn't matter who is in goal if the Pens cannot score.

Also, after last year I am pretty sure every team has a game plan for both Pens goalies.

TheLastPig 05-19-2017 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16793882)
As Bradshaw06 stated it doesn't matter who is in goal if the Pens cannot score.

Also, after last year I am pretty sure every team has a game plan for both Pens goalies.

oh im sure they do. But it having not been in practice for 3 games may help.

Some people are flipping the fuck out here. Some dude literally called in to the radio and said he cant root for the pens tonight because they benched MAF.

I was walking down the street coming back from lunch, and im wearing a pens shirt. Random dude stopped me and said "You see Murray is starting?" me: "yeah" him: "I think thats a dumb decision"

I fucking hate yinzers

Dramageek 05-19-2017 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16793887)
oh im sure they do. But it having not been in practice for 3 games may help.

Some people are flipping the fuck out here. Some dude literally called in to the radio and said he cant root for the pens tonight because they benched MAF.

I was walking down the street coming back from lunch, and im wearing a pens shirt. Random dude stopped me and said "You see Murray is starting?" me: "yeah" him: "I think thats a dumb decision"

I fucking hate yinzers

This grinds my gears a bit, too. These are the same people who wanted Fleury run out of town on a rail. These people are totally reactionary and incapable of analytical thought. Mike Sullivan is 6-0 in playoff series so far. I will trust he has good reason for his decisions until proven otherwise.

fonzz41 05-19-2017 11:44 AM

If I'm going to start a cold goalie, I'd rather it be in a non-elimination game than an elimination game. If it doesn't work out, their backs will still be against the wall, but at least they still have some life and can reassess, going back to MAF if necessary. If it does work out, well, now the series is tied rather than 3-1.

TheLastPig 05-19-2017 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16793904)
If I'm going to start a cold goalie, I'd rather it be in a non-elimination game than an elimination game. If it doesn't work out, their backs will still be against the wall, but at least they still have some life and can reassess, going back to MAF if necessary. If it does work out, well, now the series is tied rather than 3-1.

Good point.

Plus murray got over 2 periods of work wednesday, and the Sens pressured the whole time he was in, they werent sitting back.

jrkarger 05-19-2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16793887)
Some dude literally called in to the radio and said he cant root for the pens tonight because they benched MAF.

I'm assuming this is the fan?

There is nothing worse than dumb yinzers calling the radio station that only cares about hockey for 10 min a day for 45 days out of the year.

:BANG

TheLastPig 05-19-2017 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16793919)
I'm assuming this is the fan?

There is nothing worse than dumb yinzers calling the radio station that only cares about hockey for 10 min a day for 45 days out of the year.

:BANG

Yeah it was on the fan.

Ill give starkey & mueller credit, they talk hockey, but noone else on that station knows what theyre talking about.

Its absolutely pathetic they have Paul Zeise as their Pens post-game guy. Totally laughable. I know ive said in here before, but my close friend sat next to him at a pens game in 2013.. he said out loud he didnt know how icing works.

The best that station ever was, was when Mueller had the 6-10 solo and dunlap had 10-2 solo. Dunlap was hysterical. Might have been the best talk radio ive ever heard. Now that he's on mornings he has no personality and has become totally full of himself.

jrkarger 05-19-2017 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16793929)
Yeah it was on the fan.

Ill give starkey & mueller credit, they talk hockey, but noone else on that station knows what theyre talking about.

Its absolutely pathetic they have Paul Zeise as their Pens post-game guy. Totally laughable. I know ive said in here before, but my close friend sat next to him at a pens game in 2013.. he said out loud he didnt know how icing works.

The best that station ever was, was when Mueller had the 6-10 solo and dunlap had 10-2 solo. Dunlap was hysterical. Might have been the best talk radio ive ever heard. Now that he's on mornings he has no personality and has become totally full of himself.

I don't know about Starkey & Mueller. Mueller is ok I suppose but I can't think of another nerdy or more dweebey (sp?) guy talking sports than Starkey.

And, at least to me, those guys still only pay lip service to the Pens. I turned them on in car around 5:30 the night of Game 7 against the caps when Madden went to commerical. They were talking Pirates. I said "NOPE" and changed the channel.

I do like Dunlap and listen to the morning show for lack of alternative. Although I float between them and DVE. But, the guys on DVE have gotten so carmageddony too.

TheLastPig 05-19-2017 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16793940)
I don't know about Starkey & Mueller. Mueller is ok I suppose but I can't think of another nerdy or more dweebey (sp?) guy talking sports than Starkey.

And, at least to me, those guys still only pay lip service to the Pens. I turned them on in car around 5:30 the night of Game 7 against the caps when Madden went to commerical. They were talking Pirates. I said "NOPE" and changed the channel.

I do like Dunlap and listen to the morning show for lack of alternative. Although I float between them and DVE. But, the guys on DVE have gotten so carmageddony too.

Oh im with you on starkey. Im not a fan of his. I like Mueller the most on that station currently.

Everyone there is a shill for the pirates and its annoying.

No Hornqvist tonight. fuck.

jrkarger 05-19-2017 12:10 PM

Madden just said Sully might go seven D again.

Great.

TheLastPig 05-19-2017 12:13 PM

ugh. I dont have a very good feeling.