Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMB Tour Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   New COVID-19 Vaccine / Negative Test Mandates (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=355694)

LaLaLaLaHey 08-13-2021 08:41 AM

New COVID-19 Vaccine / Negative Test Mandates

https://www.instagram.com/p/CShPawGjctM

New DMB COVID-19 protocols finally came out. Been waiting for this for a while now. Will definitely feel much safer at shows. Was hoping they would require vaccines, but this is a good start.

Quote:

Beginning with Dave Matthews Band’s August 21st show in Columbia, MD at Merriweather Post Pavilion, all ticket holders for all announced dates must provide proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48-hours prior to entry.* Children under the age of 12 may attend the concert if they provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours of the show. Ticket holders using a negative test for entry will not need to get subsequent tests if they are attending multiple shows at the same venue.

We encourage all fans to wear a mask, especially when social distancing is not possible. Specific venue websites will be updated shortly with updated protocols.**

Dave Matthews Band is grateful to be back out on the road playing live music again. We are a fully vaccinated band and touring crew. Let’s keep each other safe; please join us in getting vaccinated!

*Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, MD will be requiring proof of full vaccination or a negative test taken within 72 hours of the event.

Fiddler’s Green in Greenwood Village, CO will require proof of full vaccination (final dose at least 14 days prior to event); a negative test will not be accepted for entry.

Dave Matthews Band’s shows at Madison Square Garden will require proof of full vaccination (final does at least 14 days prior to event); a negative test will not be accepted for entry, in compliance with local government mandates.

** Guidelines for DMB’s shows in Durant, OK and Columbus, OH will be announced shortly.

greenpick41 08-13-2021 08:43 AM

Re: New COVID-19 Vaccine / Negative Test Mandates

Thank god. Maybe this will convince some people who have been on the fence to finally get vaccinated and get this world moving closer to normal.

Lee3691 08-13-2021 08:45 AM

This might have prevented me from getting Covid in WPB. Hopefully more of the venues become vaccinated only.

Unedited 08-13-2021 08:45 AM

It's about time. Vaccine or negative test is a no-brainer at this juncture and gives you options no matter if you want to get the shot or not.

If anyone thinks this isn't fair or infringes on their freedom... find something else to do.

DMBstandUP1984 08-13-2021 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLaLaLaHey (Post 18012737)
https://www.instagram.com/p/CShPawGjctM

New DMB COVID-19 protocols finally came out. Been waiting for this for a while now. Will definitely feel much safer at shows. Was hoping they would require vaccines, but this is a good start.

Of course my show is the 20th lol

ElijahSoRight72 08-13-2021 08:48 AM

Definitely glad they are doing this- but the kicker will be how many people will adhere to the masks recommendation. I’ll be masking up for my shows this fall. We as vaccinated people will also catch and spread Delta, so a good N95 may help a lot. Hope more people start wearing them again.

RiotAct 08-13-2021 08:54 AM

A good decision, even though it kind of sucks for the people who aren’t vaccinated.

madpiker 08-13-2021 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElijahSoRight72 (Post 18012757)
Definitely glad they are doing this- but the kicker will be how many people will adhere to the masks recommendation. I’ll be masking up for my shows this fall. We as vaccinated people will also catch and spread Delta, so a good N95 may help a lot. Hope more people start wearing them again.

not a chance in hell.

I'm vaxxed, i'll show proof. I'll even get tested before just out of safety, but no chance.

madpiker 08-13-2021 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotAct (Post 18012768)
A good decision, even though it kind of sucks for the people who aren’t vaccinated.

1) get tested
2) test negative
3) ???
4) profit

RiotAct 08-13-2021 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madpiker (Post 18012774)
1) get tested
2) test negative
3) ???
4) profit

true. Not that much extra effort at all assuming there’s a testing site nearby.

Guessing a mask requirement is coming fairly soon as well. :/

jasonfilatov 08-13-2021 09:00 AM

How do you prove your vaccination? Is there something you submit before attending? Bring card to the show? Bring picture of your vax card?

bausty 08-13-2021 09:01 AM

** Guidelines for DMB’s shows in Durant, OK and Columbus, OH will be announced shortly.

More like the cancellation of Durant, OK will be announced shortly.

mthawk07 08-13-2021 09:02 AM

It’s about damn time.

RiotAct 08-13-2021 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonfilatov (Post 18012784)
How do you prove your vaccination? Is there something you submit before attending? Bring card to the show? Bring picture of your vax card?

Your card is fine.

jasonfilatov 08-13-2021 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotAct (Post 18012790)
Your card is fine.

Would prefer not to bring my card out of fear of losing it. What options are there? I've heard there's something you can submit beforehand and they verify?

DaWarehouse418 08-13-2021 09:05 AM

Woohoo! Maybe this will open up some MSG tix....

YouNeverKnow25 08-13-2021 09:06 AM

I understand the sentiment, but at the same time, if you can't ever prove vaccination because you're too afraid to take it somewhere out of fear of losing the card, what value does the card really have in the first place?

madpiker 08-13-2021 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bausty (Post 18012786)

More like the cancellation of Durant, OK will be announced shortly.

sure hope not.

RiotAct 08-13-2021 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonfilatov (Post 18012793)
Would prefer not to bring my card out of fear of losing it. What options are there? I've heard there's something you can submit beforehand and they verify?

if the venue’s state has an app similar to the Excelsior Pass in NY, I’d imagine that would be accepted.

Best to contact the venue directly to find out…

madpiker 08-13-2021 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 18012798)
I understand the sentiment, but at the same time, if you can't ever prove vaccination because you're too afraid to take it somewhere out of fear of losing the card, what value does the card really have in the first place?

there's these things called phones that take pictures and store them for immediate access wherever you are!

YouNeverKnow25 08-13-2021 09:08 AM

is MSG accepting cell phone pics of vax cards for entry?

jasonfilatov 08-13-2021 09:08 AM

I just don't find it ideal to carry something that doesn't fit in my wallet or will bend in my pocket to 30+ shows the rest of the year. Appreciate the guidance on phone picture or a pass through the venue. I'll look into it.

joeyray34 08-13-2021 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 18012798)

Need a costanza wallet!

ISawTheBridge10 08-13-2021 09:09 AM

When did this whole "vaccinated people can still contract and spread the illness, so it doesn't work" become the anti-vax stance? It's just recently with Covid19, correct?

This is literally how every single vaccine works.

Anti-vaxxers are a real weird bunch.

Route_2 08-13-2021 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonfilatov (Post 18012807)
I just don't find it ideal to carry something that doesn't fit in my wallet or will bend in my pocket to 30+ shows the rest of the year. Appreciate the guidance on phone picture or a pass through the venue. I'll look into it.

My wife took our cards to Kinko's where the shrunk them to wallet size and laminated for free.

YouNeverKnow25 08-13-2021 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madpiker (Post 18012804)
there's these things called phones that take pictures and store them for immediate access wherever you are!

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 18012806)
is MSG accepting cell phone pics of vax cards for entry?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonfilatov (Post 18012807)

I looked into it and apparently the answer is yes, you can use the smartphone (at least for the upcoming Eagles concert at MSG, if you're going to some other show there you'll want to confirm but I assume it's the same for all shows)

problem solved!

jasonfilatov 08-13-2021 09:11 AM

MSG: For all guests, your documentation needs to be directly from the healthcare provider that performed the vaccination or test, and you can display your proof on your smartphone or present a physical copy. In addition, The Garden welcomes the New York State Excelsior Pass (https://epass.ny.gov), which provides secure, digital proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test results. To help us ensure a fast and efficient entry, we ask that guests using the Excelsior Pass Wallet app download the app in advance and log in prior to your visit so you have access to your documentation before arriving at the venue.

The2SteppingPig 08-13-2021 09:12 AM

Why America doesn't have a universal Digital Vaccine Certificate yet is mind boggling.

Certainly the shift toward vaccine/test-only events like this will push the demand for something, right?

YouNeverKnow25 08-13-2021 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The2SteppingPig (Post 18012815)
Why America doesn't have a universal Digital Vaccine Certificate yet is mind boggling.

Certainly the shift toward vaccine/test-only events like this will push the demand for something, right?

I'd rather it push the demand for the actual vaccine itself, but if it also pushes demand for a digital vaccine passport, all the better

YouNeverKnow25 08-13-2021 09:16 AM

has anyone ITT been to a show yet that has this requirement? I am just wondering how it affects the lines to get in. My educated guess is: "quite strongly, in a negative way," but wondering what real life experience shows us.