Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   Just Got Back From The Show! (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Nissan '08....They can't all be winners!!! (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=223560)

dmb&phish'94 06-29-2008 10:16 AM

Nissan '08....They can't all be winners!!!

It's a pretty bad day when you have more fun tailgating than enjoying the show, but that's what happened last night. It was not a great setlist, other than a surprise "Sledgehammer". When your cover song is the toast of the show, it hasn't been a good night. Whomever is in charge of the sound system at nissan pavilion should be fired. We were dead center of the pavilion just above the V.I.P. seats, where the acoustics should be perfect, and they were far from it!! Couldn't hardly seperate one instrument from another. Not having Butch Reynolds anymore on tour is definately an adjustment the band has not dealt with very well. Tim Reynolds is an amazing guitar player, but can't add that rich sound that Butch did so very well. I hope they hire another keyboardist soon!! It was hot and muggy, but the band did very well with the energy level they brought. It was not a very disappointing setlist, just one I would have not prefered. I can't help it if I like "Recently" so damn much!! Dave's newer songs just don't fit as well without a keyboardist, and while Tim can rock out on a few, they still need to address this problem. If anyone reading this, knows anyone at Nissan pavilion that has to do with the sound system, kick their ass!!!! With all the money they make off these bands, the least they can do is supply them with the best audio sound. I can't believe the band didn't notice it at sound check. I guess you don't have 30,000 drunkards screaming at those though!! Anyway, unless they upgrade the sound system at Nissan, I will never attend another show their. On my way to N.C. Charlotte and then Raleigh for two more shows. Hope the setlists get more original and the sound systems are better. I know for a fact Walnut Creek in Raleigh has one of the best sounds of any amphitheatre on the east coast!! Looking forward to it!!! Later, Ants..........

rnieves 06-29-2008 01:15 PM

Re: Nissan '08....They can't all be winners!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmb&phish'94 (Post 7753656)
It's a pretty bad day when you have more fun tailgating than enjoying the show, but that's what happened last night. It was not a great setlist, other than a surprise "Sledgehammer". When your cover song is the toast of the show, it hasn't been a good night. Whomever is in charge of the sound system at nissan pavilion should be fired. We were dead center of the pavilion just above the V.I.P. seats, where the acoustics should be perfect, and they were far from it!! Couldn't hardly seperate one instrument from another. Not having Butch Reynolds anymore on tour is definately an adjustment the band has not dealt with very well. Tim Reynolds is an amazing guitar player, but can't add that rich sound that Butch did so very well. I hope they hire another keyboardist soon!! It was hot and muggy, but the band did very well with the energy level they brought. It was not a very disappointing setlist, just one I would have not prefered. I can't help it if I like "Recently" so damn much!! Dave's newer songs just don't fit as well without a keyboardist, and while Tim can rock out on a few, they still need to address this problem. If anyone reading this, knows anyone at Nissan pavilion that has to do with the sound system, kick their ass!!!! With all the money they make off these bands, the least they can do is supply them with the best audio sound. I can't believe the band didn't notice it at sound check. I guess you don't have 30,000 drunkards screaming at those though!! Anyway, unless they upgrade the sound system at Nissan, I will never attend another show their. On my way to N.C. Charlotte and then Raleigh for two more shows. Hope the setlists get more original and the sound systems are better. I know for a fact Walnut Creek in Raleigh has one of the best sounds of any amphitheatre on the east coast!! Looking forward to it!!! Later, Ants..........

:lol

OlivePoet 06-29-2008 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnieves (Post 7754621)

:lol :lol

nick637 06-29-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OlivePoet (Post 7754632)

:lol:lol:lol

devilandthelord 06-29-2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick637 (Post 7754637)

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Simply wanted to add to the laughies.

OlivePoet 06-29-2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick637 (Post 7754637)

:lol:lol:lol:lol

EDIT: DAMNIT!

Grouty 06-29-2008 01:24 PM

:lol :lol :lol :lol (edit) :lol (maybe even) :lol

LisaH 06-29-2008 01:30 PM

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

OlivePoet 06-29-2008 01:33 PM

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol FTW!

DmBand801 06-29-2008 01:34 PM

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

you guys are crazy.

LisaH 06-29-2008 01:34 PM

I guess we're done here.

OlivePoet 06-29-2008 01:35 PM

[/thread]

Oh, I should mention that I didn't even read the guys post. :lol

Grouty 06-29-2008 01:36 PM

Get the feeling this guy isn't gonna come back. Could be wrong though.

nick637 06-29-2008 01:36 PM

im all set here ttyl

OlivePoet 06-29-2008 01:40 PM

LOL you mad?

DreamingDave 06-29-2008 01:42 PM

This is the most positive negative thread/review in quite some time.

devilandthelord 06-29-2008 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OlivePoet (Post 7754700)
[/thread]

Oh, I should mention that I didn't even read the guys post. :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by OlivePoet (Post 7754726)
LOL you mad?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick637 (Post 7754706)
im all set here ttyl

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaC (Post 7754697)
I guess we're done here.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Yeah, too bad you can't fit more than 8 laughies in any one post. Otherwise this could go on forever.

This is like we should all be doing the maniacal Dr. Evil group laugh.

OlivePoet 06-29-2008 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilandthelord (Post 7754749)
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Yeah, too bad you can't fit more than 8 laughies in any one post. Otherwise this could go on forever.

This is like we should all be doing the maniacal Dr. Evil group laugh.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

alwgirl 06-29-2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmb&phish'94 (Post 7753656)

:lol I find this hard to believe as a first post:lol While i agree it wasnt a spectacular setlist by far out of my 11 shows. It was as always a rocking ass party and a hell of a show! I know in 102 we were getting down!!

Grouty 06-29-2008 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwgirl (Post 7754768)
:lol I find this hard to believe as a first post:lol While i agree it wasnt a spectacular setlist by far out of my 11 shows. It was as always a rocking ass party and a hell of a show! I know in 102 we were getting down!!

That was the original post?

It wasn't just laughs? Well I'll be...

Billies09 06-29-2008 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwgirl (Post 7754768)

Agreed. We were getting down in 101!

TheLastStop123 06-29-2008 01:53 PM

looked like a pretty sweet show to me.

OlivePoet 06-29-2008 01:55 PM

Grouty 06-29-2008 01:56 PM

nick637 06-29-2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grouty (Post 7754809)

:lol:lol:lol im back bitches

LisaH 06-29-2008 01:57 PM

:lol:lol:lol:lol

OlivePoet 06-29-2008 01:58 PM

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Grouty 06-29-2008 02:00 PM

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

OlivePoet 06-29-2008 02:01 PM

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

nick637 06-29-2008 02:02 PM

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol