Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   DMB Hub - New iPhone App Released (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=340449)

ramiro24 05-02-2016 11:14 AM

Re: DMB Hub - New iPhone App Released

A shower thought of mine, since teases are no longer counted towards play count, shouldn't fake's be considered the same and not count as well? For example i have heard Too Much played in full 4 times, but the Ants counter has me hearing it 10 total times because it counts 6 fakes as one. Same for Ants as i have heard that in full 14 times but its counted as 16 times heard.

Just my thoughts on that!

Edit: I love the app and the work done on it, its awesome all around!

Matt 05-02-2016 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramiro24 (Post 16396089)
A shower thought of mine, since teases are no longer counted towards play count, shouldn't fake's be considered the same and not count as well? For example i have heard Too Much played in full 4 times, but the Ants counter has me hearing it 10 total times because it counts 6 fakes as one. Same for Ants as i have heard that in full 14 times but its counted as 16 times heard.

Just my thoughts on that!

Edit: I love the app and the work done on it, its awesome all around!

All things to be considered, for sure. Thanks for the input, and we're thrilled you're enjoying the app! Much more to come!

ForkInFork 05-03-2016 04:51 PM

app seems to be crashing every time I click on song #16 to pick a song for the setlist game

Matt 05-03-2016 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForkInFork (Post 16397929)
app seems to be crashing every time I click on song #16 to pick a song for the setlist game

Fix is in review w/ Apple right now. Hopefully will hear tomorrow.

ForkInFork 05-03-2016 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 16397983)
Fix is in review w/ Apple right now. Hopefully will hear tomorrow.

:thumbsup:thumbsup Johnny on the spot. Love the app so far, great job on everything.

Side note. My setlist picks for Cville are so unrealistic its ridiculous, but a man's gotta dream haha

Matt 05-04-2016 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForkInFork (Post 16398176)
:thumbsup:thumbsup Johnny on the spot. Love the app so far, great job on everything.

Side note. My setlist picks for Cville are so unrealistic its ridiculous, but a man's gotta dream haha

Still "In Review" right now, oddly. This has been the longest review period by far - still have my fingers crossed for today.

Bowa34 05-04-2016 11:31 AM

Almost wish I had an Android so I didn't have to see that Lovely Ladies push notification....

BruceW 05-04-2016 12:22 PM

The Butch and Lovely Ladies ones back to back were just pure troll gold

Matt 05-04-2016 02:09 PM

We are considering an in-app purchase to disable any push / hub alerts re: the LL. ;)

dontshootmydog 05-05-2016 03:27 PM

This app is hitting it outta the park with the news flashes. Certainly building hype for the weekend :thumbsup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt 05-05-2016 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontshootmydog (Post 16401307)
This app is hitting it outta the park with the news flashes. Certainly building hype for the weekend :thumbsup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've been envisioning something like this for years. How to get news updates out without them being "news stories" that need to be written / published / proofread.

So so so glad they're being well received!

dontshootmydog 05-05-2016 05:40 PM

"Still working to #FreeDodo" brought the lolz

Matt 05-09-2016 11:22 AM

This weekend was huge for the app. We got about another 1000 new downloads. We're constantly working on improvements to the app so it should be a monster for this tour!

BruceW 05-09-2016 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 16406330)
This weekend was huge for the app. We got about another 1000 new downloads. We're constantly working on improvements to the app so it should be a monster for this tour!

Awesome! I know I've pushed several friends into getting it.

ramiro24 05-09-2016 02:15 PM

Im not sure if this is a minor bug or not? but when i check current show or even my shows, i click on setlist and then click on the song itself where it gives you the option to up vote or down vote the song with the rating system. every time i go to click or "rate" the individual song, it never does anything. it shows that i never rated the song at all.

to me its not a big deal but something i noticed for those that want to use that feature. Otherwise the app was great to use this past weekend!

Also when i used the setlist part of the app to setlist watch, i swear the app never showed the 3 new songs that were played and had no idea new songs were played until i saw it on the boards way later that night, was that because those 3 songs were not in the database? i figure as much but was just curious how that worked.

JTR178 05-10-2016 09:33 AM

Just stoping in to say thanks and give props to this app. It is incredible and looks good too!

BruceW 05-11-2016 03:22 PM

Nitpicky detail here, but Bismarck is misspelled "Bismark" on the app, setlist game, tour central etc.. The almanac and the official setlist have it as Bismarck.

Matt 05-11-2016 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceW (Post 16410304)
Nitpicky detail here, but Bismarck is misspelled "Bismark" on the app, setlist game, tour central etc.. The almanac and the official setlist have it as Bismarck.

We had it as Bismarck originally, but fixed it because we thought it was actually Bismark?

Matt 05-11-2016 04:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
From the band's own site.

Matt 05-11-2016 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramiro24 (Post 16406675)
Im not sure if this is a minor bug or not? but when i check current show or even my shows, i click on setlist and then click on the song itself where it gives you the option to up vote or down vote the song with the rating system. every time i go to click or "rate" the individual song, it never does anything. it shows that i never rated the song at all.

to me its not a big deal but something i noticed for those that want to use that feature. Otherwise the app was great to use this past weekend!

Also when i used the setlist part of the app to setlist watch, i swear the app never showed the 3 new songs that were played and had no idea new songs were played until i saw it on the boards way later that night, was that because those 3 songs were not in the database? i figure as much but was just curious how that worked.

The ShowFlow on the website has been fixed, thanks! It works in the app as well.

The new songs fell victim to a code issue where we couldn't detect their name, therefore didn't show them. It will be fixed in an upcoming app release.

BruceW 05-11-2016 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 16410408)
From the band's own site.

Hahahaha and this is the paper setlist. What gives? Trolls....
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...3848b048be.jpg

TurboPGT 05-11-2016 06:36 PM

DMB Hub - New iPhone App Released

Lights Down doesn't make sense to me. I would think I could select that to see the set of the current set in profess. Instead it's just not clickable.

Edit: nevermind, I force quit the app and it's working-ish now.

AllifromOhio 05-11-2016 06:57 PM

So where do I see the current setlist in the app? I am getting the banner notifications but when I click on it, it takes me to the app but I don't see the setlist.

Hahninator 05-11-2016 07:01 PM

Go on the left side and click Lights Down. Shows perfectly for me.

This app kicks ass with the push notifications. I love it.

dpduke5173 05-11-2016 07:11 PM

App is great for setlist game/live setlist.

BruceW 05-11-2016 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpduke5173 (Post 16411012)
App is great for setlist game/live setlist.

Better than I expected. So much better than refreshing shit

crashintonickdm 05-11-2016 08:35 PM

quoting people is still an issue.

Dannyyankou 05-11-2016 08:53 PM

Matt, I'm not getting points for Bismark tonight.

Matt 05-12-2016 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboPGT (Post 16410780)
Lights Down doesn't make sense to me. I would think I could select that to see the set of the current set in profess. Instead it's just not clickable.

Edit: nevermind, I force quit the app and it's working-ish now.

There's a bug apparently. Going to fix. Thanks!

ckramer09 05-12-2016 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahninator (Post 16410970)
Go on the left side and click Lights Down. Shows perfectly for me.

This app kicks ass with the push notifications. I love it.

So much show that I already love seeing an Orange logo as a push notification when I wake my phone up.

Stellar job, and the app is just going to keep getting better and better. My favorite app by far, not even a contest.