Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

bonzo48280 10-06-2011 11:36 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
If I see another status/tweet from a Hawks fan about the Canucks losing in a shootout in game one of the regular season, I'm going to go nuts. There is a time and place to hate the Canucks, it's called the playoffs.

salrx95 10-07-2011 03:18 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 13000861)
If I see another status/tweet from a Hawks fan about the Canucks losing in a shootout in game one of the regular season, I'm going to go nuts. There is a time and place to hate the Canucks, it's called the playoffs.

true but it is rivalries like that that make the regular not seem so long./fun

dmbetc 10-07-2011 06:40 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
I didn't get to watch any of the games today but looking at the stats this morning....Matt Cooke?! Who knew! Avery needs to take a page out of his book :lol

Looks like some pretty exciting games last night. Can't wait for the Kings/Rangers today.

Go Rangers! (and Dustin Brown.)

TMoore4075 10-07-2011 06:56 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
I remember Cooke in Vancouver and knew he was a player. The last few years is when he's really crossed the line repeatedly. If he can watch that stuff he'll be a great asset.

Bron Yr Aur 10-07-2011 07:00 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Giroux's goal last night was excellent stuff.

DrewD55 10-07-2011 07:02 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Going to be strange watching a Sabres home opener at 1 pm on a Friday afternoon, live from Helsinki, but I'll play along. Saw that Pominville got the nod for captain this season, which is interesting. Lindy never stays with one guy for very long, and he named four Alternates, instead of the usual two, so it could be another rotating C, as he's done before. I'm still caught up in baseball right now, but I'm hoping for a fast start out of the gate for Buffalo. They played fantastically down the stretch last spring, but it would have been a lot easier on them if they hadn't had to scramble and play catchup thanks to the terrible start.

dduncan6er 10-07-2011 07:33 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Seguin is going to break out this year. Watching him and Marchand last night was absolutely awesome. They were the only 2 Bruins forwards that actually showed up.

gocubsgo3822 10-07-2011 07:34 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
this is for bruins fans:

RUH ROH :eek

i would have done in your thread but i couldnt find it

fonzz41 10-07-2011 07:36 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
A lot of things I noticed last night. Definitely a great night of hockey watching!

- Watching Pronger get undressed by Marchand at the blueline was a thing of BEAUTY. I love hating that guy.
- Matt Cooke?!
- Kimmo Timonen's save was my top play of the night. But y'all know I'm a biased d-man lover
- OMGCG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To throw in my two cents about the Pominville captaincy, I love it and expected it. Here is a guy who has grown up in the Sabres' system and who I think epitomizes what a hockey player is. He works hard every shift and contributes in all three zones, albeit quietly at times. I see him growing into a Brind'Amour type player as he ages... Not necessarily a superstar, but the cornerstone of his team and a guy everyone can rally around. That's what a captain is. In a league where it has become common to name your best player captain, regardless of their leadership ability or potential (i.e. Ovechkin), it's nice to see this. Having four (two home, two away) alternates is also becoming more and more commonplace.

LisaH 10-07-2011 07:46 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Flyers!!!

DrewD55 10-07-2011 07:53 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13001386)
To throw in my two cents about the Pominville captaincy, I love it and expected it. Here is a guy who has grown up in the Sabres' system and who I think epitomizes what a hockey player is. He works hard every shift and contributes in all three zones, albeit quietly at times. I see him growing into a Brind'Amour type player as he ages... Not necessarily a superstar, but the cornerstone of his team and a guy everyone can rally around. That's what a captain is. In a league where it has become common to name your best player captain, regardless of their leadership ability or potential (i.e. Ovechkin), it's nice to see this. Having four (two home, two away) alternates is also becoming more and more commonplace.

I like it, too. Just caught me a bit by surprise. Figured it was Derek Roy's for the taking now that he's actually playing again. All good choices for Alternate, too: Roy, Drew Stafford, Paul Gaustad, and Vanek.

fonzz41 10-07-2011 08:33 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Also... Malkin and Letang's shootout goals last night were siiiiiccccckkkk.

lockman21 10-07-2011 08:36 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Posting from my hotel in Dallas. Gonna take a nap, then go out and hit up the town then go to the Hawks/Stars game.

So excited.

TMoore4075 10-07-2011 08:39 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Didn't see this brought up:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/story/?i...name=nhl-blues

Obviously he's not going to get the deal PHX was trying to give him. So to me it's pretty obvious he had the money (considering he would have gotten paid to take the Coyotes) just wanted in and Bettman was trying to give him the best deal and to take this team to not have to move them.

UCFish 10-07-2011 08:39 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 13001636)
Posting from my hotel in Dallas. Gonna take a nap, then go out and hit up the town then go to the Hawks/Stars game.

So excited.

:thumbsup

Awesome you went to Dallas for it....Have a great time

Bernie41 10-07-2011 08:40 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
rangers in about an hour and a half, this is going to be a big year for the blueshirts

Bron Yr Aur 10-07-2011 08:48 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13001621)
Also... Malkin and Letang's shootout goals last night were siiiiiccccckkkk.

The entire set of highlights for this game are well worth watching. 5+ minutes. Hopefully the NHL keeps it up with these long highlight sets all season long.

Some really beautiful displays of offensive hockey in that game.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=...id=DL|NHL|home

aeroshady 10-07-2011 09:32 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Let's go Rangers!!!

DmBand801 10-07-2011 09:33 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 12998940)
Missed you buddy. Welcome back.

EDIT: Speaking of welcomes back and the Devils, nice to see Sykora back in the red and black

Thanks Matt, I missed you.

And I'm pleased to see Sykora back where it all began. Why not take a waiver on him to see what's left in the tank.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 12998974)
I thought you died, Ant. :lol

:lol This new work schedule (4am-noon, m-f) is kicking the shit out of me, but other than that, I'm ok.

TMoore4075 10-07-2011 09:36 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DmBand801 (Post 13001846)
Thanks Matt, I missed you.

And I'm pleased to see Sykora back where it all began. Why not take a waiver on him to see what's left in the tank.



:lol This new work schedule (4am-noon, m-f) is kicking the shit out of me, but other than that, I'm ok.

How will that affect hockey watching? When I used to work at 5am, I loved having afternoons free but I was tired by 8. Now I'm tired at 8 but for different reasons.

dduncan6er 10-07-2011 09:37 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
I'm looking forward to watching the Kings-Rangers game at 1. The Kings are one of my favorite teams to watch, and I'm really looking forward to seeing Gaborik and Richards play together.

dmbetc 10-07-2011 09:54 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dduncan6er (Post 13001857)
I'm looking forward to watching the Kings-Rangers game at 1. The Kings are one of my favorite teams to watch, and I'm really looking forward to seeing Gaborik and Richards play together.

giggity hehe

I am pumped! Except I am at work, but I will just catch the re-run that I am sure they will play later tonight.

fonzz41 10-07-2011 09:56 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 13001854)
How will that affect hockey watching? When I used to work at 5am, I loved having afternoons free but I was tired by 8. Now I'm tired at 8 but for different reasons.

All the post-baby sex, amirite? ;)

DrewD55 10-07-2011 10:11 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
This is perfect. Simultaneously streaming video of TSN's broadcast of the game and streaming audio of the Sabres' home announcers.

ETA: Fuck. There's a like a 30-second delay on the audio.

lockman21 10-07-2011 10:21 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFish (Post 13001649)
:thumbsup

Awesome you went to Dallas for it....Have a great time

Should be awesome. Cracked the first beer about 20 minutes ago. Got a bottle of Jack in the fridge. Tonight should be fun.

DrewD55 10-07-2011 10:29 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Damn, Sabres off to a fast start. Nice goal by one of the new guys--Ville Leino--and Vanek already on the board, too.

fonzz41 10-07-2011 10:35 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 13001948)
Should be awesome. Cracked the first beer about 20 minutes ago. Got a bottle of Jack in the fridge. Tonight should be fun.

Have fun, Chris. Try to slash Steve Ott's tires if you get a sec.

DMBCubs25 10-07-2011 10:37 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Wow how does Quick let that in?

TMoore4075 10-07-2011 10:41 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13001911)
All the post-baby sex, amirite? ;)

That's an oxymoron.

fonzz41 10-07-2011 10:47 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 13001996)
That's an oxymoron.

:thumbsup:thumbsup :lol:lol

To all our young friends in the thread... want to dramatically improve your sex life? Get married and have a kid or two. ;)

Back to hockey now.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.