Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   ***Official Premiership, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Champions League etc. Thread*** (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=196041)

Grouty 06-28-2007 02:22 PM

***Official Premiership, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Champions League etc. Thread***

For all those of you who follow football over here and want to discuss goings on with your team and debate the upcoming season. Feel free to talk about anything football related on this side of the pond.

I'll start by saying that Tevez has rejected a move to Inter Milan because he refused to meet their deadline to sign a deal, so a potential move to Arsenal may be back on the cards :multi

wooten843 06-28-2007 02:23 PM

Re: ***Official Premiership, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Champions League etc. Thread***

Darren Bent just signed with Tottenham, that should be an interesting move because they will now have 4 legit strikers. I easily could seen them top 4 in EPL. We'll see.

41ravens 06-28-2007 02:24 PM

Re: ***Official Premiership, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Champions League etc. Thread***

you might confuse some people.

for americans, he means soccer.

and sorry, i don't follow it.

Grouty 06-28-2007 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wooten843 (Post 6214324)
Darren Bent just signed with Tottenham, that should be an interesting move because they will now have 4 legit strikers. I easily could seen them top 4 in EPL. We'll see.

I'm not so sure, being an Arsenal fan I'm ridiculously biased when it comes to all things Tottenham but I honestly think that Bent is overrated and overpriced. Although I will admit I'm slightly more apprehensive about Spurs competing with us this season than usual.

aeroshady 06-28-2007 04:11 PM

Haha yeah my Fifa 07 Help thread was turning into this so I like the thread...and I Love Manchester United...got it done this year in the EPL but not in anything else...they will still be stacked going into the 2007-2008 season. With Arsenal losing Henry they should take both of those games in payback for this past season. Also, I am already planning a trip to go see the best team in the world (Man United) sometime in march of 08!! I can't wait, I have never been to England!

dmbigeyedphish 06-28-2007 10:31 PM

I'm really looking forward to watching Berbatov and Keane tear it up this season. I became a huge fan of them towards the end of the year.

2steppinKJ 06-28-2007 10:43 PM

Here's to the LDV Vans Trophy! :thumbsup

Seriously though I'm hopeful that Spurs can continue their revival. Bent's a good acquisition for them.

DMBfan41 06-28-2007 11:00 PM

Liverpool baby!

aeroshady 06-28-2007 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBfan41 (Post 6216327)
Liverpool baby!

Boo to Liverpool and I was just in Denville about 20 minutes ago haha. Right at Indian Lake.

Grouty 06-29-2007 01:35 AM

Seems theres a lot of Spurs fans out there unfortunately. And to all you Arsenal doubters, just you wait and see, we will manage fine without Henry, I mean we managed last season for the most part without him, and even then he wasn't anywhere near top form at any point. As soon as we sign a suitable replacement a Champions League place will be ours no problem.

2steppinKJ 06-29-2007 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grouty (Post 6216490)
Seems theres a lot of Spurs fans out there unfortunately. And to all you Arsenal doubters, just you wait and see, we will manage fine without Henry, I mean we managed last season for the most part without him, and even then he wasn't anywhere near top form at any point. As soon as we sign a suitable replacement a Champions League place will be ours no problem.

I'm not a Spurs fan by any means - just been interested in their improvement last season, that's all and hope that it's not just a one year thing. :) I don't really follow any team with a passion, just keen on the game itself.

aeroshady 06-29-2007 10:27 AM

USA Vs. Argentina at 2pm.

sdmc229 06-29-2007 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 6217491)
USA Vs. Argentina at 2pm.

saw that match last night. Only covered in Chicago on spanish language TV

aeroshady 06-29-2007 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdmc229 (Post 6217578)
saw that match last night. Only covered in Chicago on spanish language TV

yeah here it was only on today at 2. I know they lose 4-1. At least we had the lead for about 2 minutes haha.

Grouty 06-29-2007 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 6218106)
yeah here it was only on today at 2. I know they lose 4-1. At least we had the lead for about 2 minutes haha.

Also Argentina are the favourites by far so all things considered not a catastrophic result for you lot.

eggie24 06-29-2007 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grouty (Post 6218126)
Also Argentina are the favourites by far so all things considered not a catastrophic result for you lot.

better than the 6-0 romping that was expected. just a little better, lol

jmudmbphan 06-29-2007 01:44 PM

umm....football is played with pads on a 100 yard field....dont me you soccer?? lolz!

eggie24 06-29-2007 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmudmbphan (Post 6218383)
umm....football is played with pads on a 100 yard field....dont me you soccer?? lolz!

you said lolz. thats all. and no its football. just cause america is retarded doesnt mean the rest of the world is.

jmudmbphan 06-29-2007 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eggie24 (Post 6218387)
you said lolz. thats all. and no its football. just cause america is retarded doesnt mean the rest of the world is.

ummmmi think its soccer! silly goose!

laststraw41 06-29-2007 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBfan41 (Post 6216327)
Liverpool baby!

:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsupYNWA

Momo just signed on for another 4 year, and we're on the brink of signing Torres for just under 27m pound. Expect big things from the Reds this year.

Also: Carlos Tevez rejected Inter's bid for him, claiming he wants to stay in the EPL. Arsenal? LFC? Should be interesting to see where he goes after the end of Copa America.

laststraw41 06-29-2007 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 6218106)

Half of our first team isn't even playing, we're not even in the CONMEBOL and are invitees along with Mexico for the tournament.

Donovan, Twellman, among the U.S.'s other best players aren't competing so it isn't expected that we do well.

Winning the Gold Cup was a huge accomplishment for us being that it is our confederation's cup, not another continent's.

Grouty 06-29-2007 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eggie24 (Post 6218387)

Thank you!

An American who actually understands this!:multi

(theres gotta be other Arsenal fans out there somewhere?)

jmudmbphan 06-29-2007 01:59 PM

ha...that was sarcasm above.....i love the priemer league

TheMakerDMB17 06-29-2007 02:01 PM

I definitely dig this thread, it is about we had a real futbal thread

Grouty 06-29-2007 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmudmbphan (Post 6218423)
ha...that was sarcasm above.....i love the priemer league

Good stuff, any team you follow or just appreciate the game?

jmudmbphan 06-29-2007 02:03 PM

ive grown to like arsenal just from watching the stuff we get on tv over here..i see them the most, so have probably followed them the most

SoRight24 06-29-2007 02:05 PM

I wish we had something like Premiership over here in the US.

The MLS is a joke. :(

Grouty 06-29-2007 02:05 PM

Even better stuff. Yeah we play arguably the best football in the league just the lack of results from the intricate passing and flying counter attacks thats the pain.

eggie24 06-29-2007 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmudmbphan (Post 6218433)
ive grown to like arsenal just from watching the stuff we get on tv over here..i see them the most, so have probably followed them the most

I thank god for fox soccer channel regularly, but man do i miss the time when i was studying abroad, it was so nice, and easy, to watch games. and i was there for half the world cup in 2002. that was fantastic. They definitely show most of the arsenal, man u and chelsea games. My friend and I have found a great bar in NYC to watch games at now, so I'm looking forward to that for next year.

eggie24 06-29-2007 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoRight24 (Post 6218442)
I wish we had something like Premiership over here in the US.

The MLS is a joke. :(

I remember watching two premier league games one sat to be followed by the MLS opening games. Totally painful and depressing.