Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TMoore4075 04-19-2016 08:57 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16379136)
I was disappointed he didn't go with Boyle at the end of game 3, but after he explained why I get it.

Also, I still love Brian Boyle. One of my favorite NHL players.

I was wondering why he wasn't when it was going on (well I was thinking if it was me I'd be running the hell away from that big foot) but then when I read all the stuff it made sense. He wasn't gonna hurt himself more and didn't want another game misconduct. Boyle's chicken dance though I was thinking "Really? That's what you went with?" he backed off on it the next day. I'd love him on my team though. Real tough to play against him.

fonzz41 04-19-2016 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16379138)
why is TB/DET a 7pm start?
ideal 8pm EST placement with the game in DET
WTF NHL

Television, man. They want to be able to get the Blackhawks/Blues game on right after on NBCSN

Dramageek 04-19-2016 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16379129)
Ok, I get your point. But, (and this is a BIG BUT) unless I'm reading the box score wrong, after the Caps were up 4-1 in the 3rd last night, the Flyers took SIX penalties including 3 misconducts.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=400874096

No doubt other teams do stuff like this from time to time, but Philly has a notable history. I refer to the Ken Dryden quote I posted a page or two ago.

In other news, unless Sullivan is using Jedi mind tricks again, it looks like Zatkoff will be starting tonight. Eek.

aeroshady 04-19-2016 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16379093)
you should've said something about the moment of silence...it was 1 guy and he was an asshole...he should be admonished for his behavior just like the thousands of Flyers fans last night

and the Pens fans were booing because Lundqvist should've come out of the game or the Rags should've been charged a timeout...it wasn't a goalie equipment issue, which is really the only time there can be a delay like that with someone who is staying in the game

I get that the Pens fans booing there was the equivalent to fans booing a check throw to first in a baseball game. With Hank coming back in the game I see the frustration fans may have had. That said, I disagree with you on the delay being only for equipment. I have absolutely no issue with the refs taking time allow a goalie to gain his composure while making a choice on if he should continue. It clearly didn't break the Pens flow as they scored basically right after the fact. So why should you really care about a rattled player taken an extra minute to assess an injury. As it turns out, he made the wrong choice staying in the game and that ultimately helped the Pens haha.

unccrombie 04-19-2016 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16379152)
Television, man. They want to be able to get the Blackhawks/Blues game on right after on NBCSN

they don't need to show TB/DET on NBCSN, that's USA or CNBC territory.

kev87lads 04-19-2016 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16379148)
This is absolutely not going to happen

Are you high?

I think this with every post he makes.

#inaccuraciesforthewin
#garageleague

fonzz41 04-19-2016 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16379149)
I was wondering why he wasn't when it was going on (well I was thinking if it was me I'd be running the hell away from that big foot) but then when I read all the stuff it made sense. He wasn't gonna hurt himself more and didn't want another game misconduct. Boyle's chicken dance though I was thinking "Really? That's what you went with?" he backed off on it the next day. I'd love him on my team though. Real tough to play against him.

Yeah. I didn't even notice the taped hand thing.

Yeah, Boyle is such a solid player. A great skater for his size, has good hands, a great teammate and leader. Good on faceoffs. I'd love him on my team.

One thing's for sure, for an outsider who's not a fan of either team, this has been a fun series to watch :)

fonzz41 04-19-2016 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16379158)
they don't need to show TB/DET on NBCSN, that's USA or CNBC territory.

:lol You'd think. After all the fireworks the last couple games, the producers probably switched things around.

unccrombie 04-19-2016 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16379164)
:lol You'd think. After all the fireworks the last couple games, the producers probably switched things around.

yeah, I just hate game overlaps.
I want to watch both 7pm games.
seemed easily avoidable...

TMoore4075 04-19-2016 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16379138)
why is TB/DET a 7pm start?
ideal 8pm EST placement with the game in DET
WTF NHL

Why is 8pm a better placement time?

Your other comment about USA instead of NBCSN I can see as an argument although I'd assume they know what they are doing. Maybe nationally Detroit pulls in more fans still. I dunno.
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16379152)

Yeah they've got a plan.

~Crashintome89~ 04-19-2016 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16379129)
Ok, I get your point. But, (and this is a BIG BUT) unless I'm reading the box score wrong, after the Caps were up 4-1 in the 3rd last night, the Flyers took SIX penalties including 3 misconducts.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=400874096

Which were all a result of a bad hit. If Bellemare doesn't hit Orlov we probably don't three guys thrown out or bracelets flying on the ice.

unccrombie 04-19-2016 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16379167)

Your other comment about USA instead of NBCSN I can see as an argument although I'd assume they know what they are doing. Maybe nationally Detroit pulls in more fans still. I dunno.

rangers/pens at 7. overlapping games is poop.

Lcsulla 04-19-2016 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16379108)
per the article:

"There’s a civic character that values toughness, carries a chip on its shoulder, is vehemently unapologetic. It’s what makes Philly such a great city, as John Gonzalez teased out in this really excellent essay. It’s also why some Philadelphians will take pride in things like last night’s bracelet storm."

:lol oh my god give me a fucking break

Agreed, Gonzalez is apparently a fool - admittedly I had never heard of him until after reading that nonsense. City of Brotherly love my ass! :lol

You can actually see Simmonds saying it was "fucking embarrassing" on the bench in this clip: http://uproxx.com/sports/flyers-fans...als-blowout/3/

Climb2safety 04-19-2016 09:04 AM

There is still another 4 possible games in the Caps/Flyers series. One guaranteed. I know the Caps know this and I expect a really tough game 4. It's not over.

I'd love to close it out though for obviously reasons but still more to play.

Dramageek 04-19-2016 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16379168)
Which were all a result of a bad hit. If Bellemare doesn't hit Orlov we probably don't three guys thrown out or bracelets flying on the ice.

A type of hit that appears to be a little more commonplace coming from the Flyers. Not saying other teams don't do it (lord knows Pittsburgh had to deal with employing Matt Cooke), but that type of play tends to get associated with the Flyers.

~Crashintome89~ 04-19-2016 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16379108)
per the article:

"There’s a civic character that values toughness, carries a chip on its shoulder, is vehemently unapologetic. It’s what makes Philly such a great city, as John Gonzalez teased out in this really excellent essay. It’s also why some Philadelphians will take pride in things like last night’s bracelet storm."

:lol oh my god give me a fucking break

Gonxo is so freaking terrible. He's unbearable. The word excellent should be far removed with any essay that he wrote.

fonzz41 04-19-2016 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16379167)

Yeah they've got a plan.

And maybe they try to give equal time to the different series? Wasn't DET on CNBC last game, so maybe giving them a turn on NBCSN?

I mean, I bet that's ideal. But of course, subject to change depending on where a particular series is at.

Lcsulla 04-19-2016 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16379115)
Right. But, Fleury was at the time (and still is out with a concussion). Murray was the top guy heading into the Rangers series and Sullivan played him anyway and he got hurt. That's why the Pens are now forced to roll with Zatkoff. Sullivan should have sat Murray in that last game against Philly.

Gotcha, I did not recall the exact circumstances.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16379116)
I'd be acting like an ass, taking penalties, and whatever else if I had to wear that vomit orange and be seen in public in it too

:lol

Quote:

Are you high?

I am sober and you are probably right but if all goes to shit again tomorrow I could easily see Trotz limit the ice time of key guys and just wait for game 5 to close it out at home if necessary.

~Crashintome89~ 04-19-2016 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16379174)
A type of hit that appears to be a little more commonplace coming from the Flyers. Not saying other teams don't do it (lord knows Pittsburgh had to deal with employing Matt Cooke), but that type of play tends to get associated with the Flyers.

It wasn't malicious. Bellemare is not that type of player. It was a bad shove that was exerbated by the way Orlov was positioned. Considering the fact that no one went after Bellemare after the hit, and Bellemare actually checking on Orlov, he'll get a game or two.

Climb2safety 04-19-2016 09:09 AM

Quote:

Are you high?

Agreed. They better throw everything they have at them in game 4. It's going to be a street fight.

~Crashintome89~ 04-19-2016 09:11 AM

The series is over. There's no way the Flyers win tomorrow night.

fonzz41 04-19-2016 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16379181)
It wasn't malicious. Bellemare is not that type of player. It was a bad shove that was exerbated by the way Orlov was positioned. Considering the fact that no one went after Bellemare after the hit, and Bellemare actually checking on Orlov, he'll get a game or two.

Definitely wasn't malicious, and you could certainly see he was concerned after. But like we've talked about before, if you want those kinds of hits out, you've gotta wake guys up by handing out the big suspensions. He'll probably get like 2 games, but I would hope it wouldn't be less than 5.

unccrombie 04-19-2016 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16379176)
And maybe they try to give equal time to the different series? Wasn't DET on CNBC last game, so maybe giving them a turn on NBCSN?

I mean, I bet that's ideal. But of course, subject to change depending on where a particular series is at.

rangers/pens will pull more nationally than DET/TB, even on USA

unccrombie 04-19-2016 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16379176)

rangers/pens will pull more nationally than DET/TB, even on USA. makes no sense to compete the game times

looks like USA/NBCSN for all 4 games tonight. hardly doubt a CNBC scheduling error exists. Put Rangers/Pens on that, for all I care

salrx95 04-19-2016 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 16378813)
Oh I misread your comment. I thought you meant prepare ahead of time. Yeah, if the Caps get up, I don't know that I'm changing up the lines, but I'm matching Wilson's line with the Flyers goons whenever possible.

I probably just didn't infer it correctly . All good.

~Crashintome89~ 04-19-2016 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16379189)
Definitely wasn't malicious, and you could certainly see he was concerned after. But like we've talked about before, if you want those kinds of hits out, you've gotta wake guys up by handing out the big suspensions. He'll probably get like 2 games, but I would hope it wouldn't be less than 5.

I have no problem with that. Make the players feel the impact of their hits via their wallets. That'll straighten them out.

Brohan_Santana 04-19-2016 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16379077)
I was referring to the idiotic move of Mike Sullivan playing Matt Murray in the last game of the regular season @ the Flyers in a game that was meaningless for the Pens.

I agree though, if it gets out of hand meaning the Caps are up 3+ in the 3rd and I'm Trotz, I would seriously alternate my 3rd and 4th lines and pull my starting goalie.

I agree slightly. The Flyers team gave up at the 8 minute mark yesterday. If Caps are up 2 or 3 in 3rd Flyers team will give up again for sure

Climb2safety 04-19-2016 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16379200)
I have no problem with that. Make the players feel the impact of their hits via their wallets. That'll straighten them out.

This is the only way. It doesn't work in the nfl since they all make such stupid money but you take a guy that makes 800k salery and its a big deal.

hailtopitt 04-19-2016 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16379157)
I get that the Pens fans booing there was the equivalent to fans booing a check throw to first in a baseball game. With Hank coming back in the game I see the frustration fans may have had. That said, I disagree with you on the delay being only for equipment. I have absolutely no issue with the refs taking time allow a goalie to gain his composure while making a choice on if he should continue. It clearly didn't break the Pens flow as they scored basically right after the fact. So why should you really care about a rattled player taken an extra minute to assess an injury. As it turns out, he made the wrong choice staying in the game and that ultimately helped the Pens haha.

yea but anytime there is a long delay, fans get restless and boo...there was definite concern in the crowd when he was flopping like a fish after Staal whacked him. however, if there is an injury, people expect the player to be ok and return to play or come out immediately (escpecially with what, 45 seconds left in the period?)

it's fine that the refs were checking on him, it was just a VERY long delay for someone coming back into the game

don't think you would've heard much booing if Ranta (sp?) came in and started warming up/stretching during the delay

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16379159)
I think this with every post he makes.

#inaccuraciesforthewin
#garageleague

:thumbsup

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16379171)
Agreed, Gonzalez is apparently a fool - admittedly I had never heard of him until after reading that nonsense. City of Brotherly love my ass! :lol

You can actually see Simmonds saying it was "fucking embarrassing" on the bench in this clip: http://uproxx.com/sports/flyers-fans...als-blowout/3/

yea...maybe the first time i've ever agreed with Simmonds on something

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16379175)
Gonxo is so freaking terrible. He's unbearable. The word excellent should be far removed with any essay that he wrote.

yea that was garbage

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16379200)

i think it's more about the games missed than the money taken

make these guys sit...and not this 1 and 2 game bullshit

real suspensions

fonzz41 04-19-2016 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16379212)
i think it's more about the games missed than the money taken

make these guys sit...and not this 1 and 2 game bullshit

real suspensions

No matter how much we disagree on fighting, at least we'll always have this. :hug