Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   DMB Hub - New iPhone App Released (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=340449)

Matt 04-20-2016 10:01 PM

DMB Hub - New iPhone App Released

We are extremely proud to be able to finally announce a major milestone in Ants site history: DMB Hub from antsmarching.org, a brand new iPhone app that aims to be your one-stop mobile destination for all things DMB!

Our initial release contains The Hub, News, Tour Central, Live Show Updates, Push Notifications and the Setlist Game. Over the coming weeks we will continue to add more features, but for now we've packed the app with loads of features, free of charge. All we ask is that you tell your friends. Available now, free on the App Store.

The Hub is where you’ll find daily DMB history updates, top discussion threads, breaking alerts, news, site updates and show reminders. Each of these categories of information can individually be set to receive push notifications, so you'll always be up to the minute. All intended to keep your finger on the pulse of the DMB community.

Of course, the heart of antsmarching.org is Tour Central, and DMB Hub is a perfect way to explore the band’s entire live catalog. Browse year-by-year, and when you find a show you’re interested in, just tap to view the setlist. Or, those with an iPhone 6S or 6S Plus can leverage 3D touch to “peek” at a show, and if you’re interested, “pop” into it. You can even use 3D Touch to shortcut into the current show, or simply a random one, right from your home screen.

DMB Hub not only leverages Tour Central to show you setlists, but also contextual information about each show. Tap on any song, and a pop up will display, giving you information about that specific performance of the song. Tap the share button to send out any setlist you like to your friends or social networks. You can even place ShowFlow votes on the songs, thanks to the ability to log in with your Ants account.

Speaking of logging in with your Ants account, would you like to challenge your mates for bragging rights on who can best predict what the band will play? The Setlist Game is for you. Now you can get your picks in on the go without having to worry about rushing home to beat the deadline.

DMB Hub also knows when a live show is going on. When you’re viewing the live setlist, tap any of the songs played so far to pull up historical information on the performance. When was this last rare song played? How many shows has it been? Has it ever been played at this venue, and when? All at your fingertips.

Oh, and if you have an Apple Watch, DMB Hub enables you to pull up the latest (or live!) setlist right on your watch.

DMB Hub from antsmarching.org. An incredibly powerful and unparalleled DMB fan experience. We're extraordinarily proud to bring this to the Ants and DMB communities. We'll be adding more features over the coming weeks. We've made the app free, so all we ask in return is to please tell your friends!

dpduke5173 04-21-2016 05:40 AM

Re: DMB Hub - New iPhone App Released

Love the app! Excited for the updates as well. Love the personal show stats.

Joe M. 04-21-2016 05:43 AM

Some (with zoomed or smaller screens) have reported unable to click login button. Fix coming soon.

dontdrink36 04-21-2016 05:44 AM

I completely understand why there isn't one, but damn do I wish there was an android version! I'll have to put this on my fiance's phone!

timsherry 04-21-2016 05:49 AM

This is fantastic !

tyler3440 04-21-2016 05:58 AM

I look forward to downloading this.

onetwothree 04-21-2016 07:02 AM

Matt, Joe and Jake nice job on the app. It's nice to have everything at your fingertips.

Quote:

We are extremely proud to be able to finally announce a major milestone in Ants site history: <b>DMB Hub</b> from antsmarching.org, a brand new iPhone app that aims to be your one-stop mobile destination for all things DMB! <br>
<br>
Our initial release contains The Hub, News, Tour Central, Live Show Updates, Push Notifications and the Setlist Game. Over the coming weeks we will continue to add more features, but for now we've packed the app with loads of features, <b>free</b> of charge. All we ask is that you tell your friends. Available now, free on the <a href="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dmb-hub/id1097420202?ls=1&amp;mt=8" target="_blank">App Store</a>. <br>
<br>
The Hub is where you’ll find daily DMB history updates, top discussion threads, breaking alerts, news, site updates and show reminders. Each of these categories of information can individually be set to receive push notifications, so you'll always be up to the minute. All intended to keep your finger on the pulse of the DMB community. <br>
<br>
Of course, the heart of antsmarching.org is Tour Central, and DMB Hub is a perfect way to explore the band’s entire live catalog. Browse year-by-year, and when you find a show you’re interested in, just tap to view the setlist. Or, those with an iPhone 6S or 6S Plus can leverage 3D touch to “peek” at a show, and if you’re interested, “pop” into it. You can even use 3D Touch to shortcut into the current show, or simply a random one, right from your home screen. <br>
<br>
DMB Hub not only leverages Tour Central to show you setlists, but also contextual information about each show. Tap on any song, and a pop up will display, giving you information about that specific performance of the song. Tap the share button to send out any setlist you like to your friends or social networks. You can even place ShowFlow votes on the songs, thanks to the ability to log in with your Ants account. <br>
<br>
Speaking of logging in with your Ants account, would you like to challenge your mates for bragging rights on who can best predict what the band will play? The Setlist Game is for you. Now you can get your picks in on the go without having to worry about rushing home to beat the deadline. <br>
<br>
DMB Hub also knows when a live show is going on. When you’re viewing the live setlist, tap any of the songs played so far to pull up historical information on the performance. When was this last rare song played? How many shows has it been? Has it ever been played at this venue, and when? All at your fingertips. <br>
<br>
Oh, and if you have an Apple Watch, DMB Hub enables you to pull up the latest (or live!) setlist right on your watch. <br>
<br>
DMB Hub from antsmarching.org. An incredibly powerful and unparalleled DMB fan experience. We're extraordinarily proud to bring this to the Ants and DMB communities. We'll be adding more features over the coming weeks. We've made the app free, so all we ask in return is to please tell your friends!

crashintonickdm 04-21-2016 07:05 AM

Where do you see personal stats? I don't see it

TurboPGT 04-21-2016 07:06 AM

Nice design. Very much looking forward to it during tour time. Thanks.

cpxc. 04-21-2016 07:09 AM

Very cool looking app.

Question I cannot login or do anything with push notifications. I'm using iOS 9.3.2 on iPhone 5S

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...d0e9e41a80.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...a09ef07176.jpg

Joe M. 04-21-2016 07:34 AM

When you installed app looks like did not allow notifications. Go into settings, notifications, DMB hub, and enable. Or delete app and redownload and accept notifications prompt.

cpxc. 04-21-2016 07:38 AM

Ah that fixed it. Thanks

kingofkings 04-21-2016 09:14 AM

Will there be one for Android?

dontdrink36 04-21-2016 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofkings (Post 16382931)
Will there be one for Android?

Nope!:lorraine

kingofkings 04-21-2016 09:20 AM

WHY??? I just don't like IPhones. I know people will think I'm crazy, but I like Android better. I have a IPhone for work and it drives me crazy. I would want to put this on my personal phone though. Oh well.

dontdrink36 04-21-2016 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofkings (Post 16382939)
WHY??? I just don't like IPhones. I know people will think I'm crazy, but I like Android better. I have a IPhone for work and it drives me crazy. I would want to put this on my personal phone though. Oh well.

It's too much work for Matt to do to build and maintain apps for both platforms.

pogoslis 04-21-2016 09:27 AM

setlist game on the train to work... i can dig it :thumbsup

kingofkings 04-21-2016 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrink36 (Post 16382947)
It's too much work for Matt to do to build and maintain apps for both platforms.

Damn that sucks. I'm glad at least some people get to have this, because it sounds really good. Nice job guys.

Cscottrun 04-21-2016 09:47 AM

Nice, are there plans to integrate the forums into it?

Matt 04-21-2016 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cscottrun (Post 16382993)
Nice, are there plans to integrate the forums into it?

Use Tapatalk. Too much work to integrate a ground-up forums integration when it's best served by apps designed for that purpose. I'd rather focus on site features. :) Plus, mobile forum style isn't horrible.

GoingToCA91 04-21-2016 11:02 AM

Great app guys! Can't wait to use it to come in 40th place in the setlist game again this year!

Cscottrun 04-21-2016 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 16383177)
Use Tapatalk. Too much work to integrate a ground-up forums integration when it's best served by apps designed for that purpose. I'd rather focus on site features. :) Plus, mobile forum style isn't horrible.

Yea I have tapatalk, was just hopeful to get everything in one app. Plus, as im sure you know, tapatalk has its issues lol. Anyway, I haven't checked the app out yet but I'm sure its great.

chadizzy1 04-21-2016 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashintonickdm (Post 16382662)

Me either, maybe it's not in the app yet

sweens2002 04-21-2016 12:12 PM

So I'm in setlist game on the app screwing around for the cville show and every time I go to "No pick" for song #16 to make the pick the app shuts down

crashintonickdm 04-21-2016 02:13 PM

Android :lol

ramiro24 04-21-2016 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashintonickdm (Post 16382662)

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 16383332)
Me either, maybe it's not in the app yet

i don't see it either. i think its something that is coming from what i remember on the podcast?

Matt 04-21-2016 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweens2002 (Post 16383375)
So I'm in setlist game on the app screwing around for the cville show and every time I go to "No pick" for song #16 to make the pick the app shuts down

This has been fixed in v1.1.1, as well as the login bug. It's available now in the App Store, so if you're impatient and don't want to wait for it to auto update, go grab it now! Apple granted my request for an expedited review so I was able to get the fix pushed out in just hours.

joanna4136 04-21-2016 05:50 PM

Thanks Matt and AM.org team! This is beyond exciting.

Matt 04-21-2016 06:16 PM

Please do go review us in the store :)

Dnice41 04-21-2016 06:56 PM

Off subject but sort of the same. What about the ants tour central app. I got a new iPhone and I can't login after putting in name and pass word and I really liked goin in that for my tour stats .... Will this new app have that feature it is there s fix for thAt app?

cheftimsmith 04-21-2016 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dnice41 (Post 16383725)
Off subject but sort of the same. What about the ants tour central app. I got a new iPhone and I can't login after putting in name and pass word and I really liked goin in that for my tour stats .... Will this new app have that feature it is there s fix for thAt app?

My understanding is that Tour Central App is pretty much dead. DMB Hub is the long awaited replacement. Personal tour stats will come in the future but not available yet.

Matt 04-21-2016 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheftimsmith (Post 16383794)
My understanding is that Tour Central App is pretty much dead. DMB Hub is the long awaited replacement. Personal tour stats will come in the future but not available yet.

Truth.

And Personal Stats will be back sooner than you think.

Dnice41 04-22-2016 12:12 AM

Sweet thank you for that answer

bethlevypet 04-24-2016 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 16382428)
We are extremely proud to be able to finally announce a major milestone in Ants site history: DMB Hub from antsmarching.org, a brand new iPhone app that aims to be your one-stop mobile destination for all things DMB!

Our initial release contains The Hub, News, Tour Central, Live Show Updates, Push Notifications and the Setlist Game. Over the coming weeks we will continue to add more features, but for now we've packed the app with loads of features, free of charge. All we ask is that you tell your friends. Available now, free on the App Store.

The Hub is where you’ll find daily DMB history updates, top discussion threads, breaking alerts, news, site updates and show reminders. Each of these categories of information can individually be set to receive push notifications, so you'll always be up to the minute. All intended to keep your finger on the pulse of the DMB community.

Of course, the heart of antsmarching.org is Tour Central, and DMB Hub is a perfect way to explore the band’s entire live catalog. Browse year-by-year, and when you find a show you’re interested in, just tap to view the setlist. Or, those with an iPhone 6S or 6S Plus can leverage 3D touch to “peek” at a show, and if you’re interested, “pop” into it. You can even use 3D Touch to shortcut into the current show, or simply a random one, right from your home screen.

DMB Hub not only leverages Tour Central to show you setlists, but also contextual information about each show. Tap on any song, and a pop up will display, giving you information about that specific performance of the song. Tap the share button to send out any setlist you like to your friends or social networks. You can even place ShowFlow votes on the songs, thanks to the ability to log in with your Ants account.

Speaking of logging in with your Ants account, would you like to challenge your mates for bragging rights on who can best predict what the band will play? The Setlist Game is for you. Now you can get your picks in on the go without having to worry about rushing home to beat the deadline.

DMB Hub also knows when a live show is going on. When you’re viewing the live setlist, tap any of the songs played so far to pull up historical information on the performance. When was this last rare song played? How many shows has it been? Has it ever been played at this venue, and when? All at your fingertips.

Oh, and if you have an Apple Watch, DMB Hub enables you to pull up the latest (or live!) setlist right on your watch.

How about us Galaxy users? [emoji22]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Matt 04-25-2016 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethlevypet (Post 16386696)

One man, 24 hours in a day. Simply no time to develop or support an Android version that might run on Gingerfart Evo 3.17 with the 5.38 inch screen but doesn't run on your Motorola Snickers 4.6 curve 3d.

There's a clear reason why iPhone is way ahead in every measurable metric of App Store quality. And since there's no dev team here at Ants - it's me - I had to pick a platform that offers the most consistent end user experience and most robust development community out there. That's iOS - hands down. I've said it a million times, and I'm flattered that people are disappointed and want the app. But there simply aren't enough hours in the day to dev for two platforms and maintain quality on either one of them.

dirkdover 04-26-2016 05:43 PM

When I click on the notes, the little pop up note appears. However, the little window does not allow scrolling to see the full notes. Is it something I'm not doing on my end?

BruceW 04-27-2016 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethlevypet (Post 16386696)

Stop pouring champagne on your phone and get an iPhone. ;)

ckramer09 04-27-2016 11:54 AM

Just a heads up guys. Found a bug last night in the app - very minor but figured I'd let it be known if it isn't already. When you bring up the side menu and click on latest show - but click on the very right had side before the cut off line - it goes to a Live Setlist for Wednesday, Dec 31st, 1969. Very strange.

Or maybe, this is some strange easter egg and the band is planning on traveling back in time to play a show? o.O

Thought the former was more likely though. ;)

Matt 04-27-2016 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckramer09 (Post 16390690)
Just a heads up guys. Found a bug last night in the app - very minor but figured I'd let it be known if it isn't already. When you bring up the side menu and click on latest show - but click on the very right had side before the cut off line - it goes to a Live Setlist for Wednesday, Dec 31st, 1969. Very strange.

Or maybe, this is some strange easter egg and the band is planning on traveling back in time to play a show? o.O

Thought the former was more likely though. ;)

Good find! ;) Thanks - we'll have that rolled into the next version.

ckramer09 04-27-2016 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 16390732)
Good find! ;) Thanks - we'll have that rolled into the next version.

Sure thing, happy to help! Crazy what you can find by accident like that.

Bowa34 04-27-2016 07:56 PM

Version 1.3 needs a "is Joe M at my show?" Feature

BruceW 04-27-2016 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowa34 (Post 16391194)
Version 1.3 needs a "is Joe M at my show?" Feature

I'm Bruce Woodall, and I approve this message.

Matt 04-28-2016 10:01 AM

Funny anecdote: In early versions of the app, to demonstrate layout examples (and to break balls), the song info popup contained the string "TIMES SEEN BY JOE M: 482"

Seriously.

ckramer09 04-28-2016 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 16391946)
Funny anecdote: In early versions of the app, to demonstrate layout examples (and to break balls), the song info popup contained the string "TIMES SEEN BY JOE M: 482"

Seriously.

Is that even half of his show count? :lol

ramiro24 04-29-2016 05:26 AM

Personal stats were released last night. Looks good so far! I like it!

dpduke5173 04-29-2016 05:49 AM

Personal stats section is sooo money. Thanks Matt!

Bowa34 04-29-2016 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 16391946)

Seriously.

Can I have this feature please? :lol

ExistenceNow 04-29-2016 08:00 AM

Really digging the personal stats.

Love the breakdown by album where it shows the red zero for a song you're missing (also kinda hate it, haha.)

Davehead05 04-29-2016 08:03 AM

Awesome app! Good job guys! Can't wait to use it for live setlists this summer

chadizzy1 04-29-2016 08:03 AM

Love the personal stats. So quick and easy to pull up info.

BruceW 04-29-2016 08:28 AM

The only thing that's ever bugged me about Personal Stats is that teases count. So I've seen #34 twice according to the stats when I know I've never seen an actual full on #34.

Anyways, great job on the app version of this. I love how it's laid out. Very well done.

drop2d 04-29-2016 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExistenceNow (Post 16393303)
Really digging the personal stats.

Love the breakdown by album where it shows the red zero for a song you're missing (also kinda hate it, haha.)

:lol same here. It'd make a pretty alright half setlist for my songs in red.

cpxc. 04-29-2016 08:43 AM

looks great, thank you

bigbeartilidie 04-29-2016 09:54 AM

Personal stats looks great! really awesome. Thanks so much Matt

freerider59102 04-29-2016 12:12 PM

Very, very well done! Love the album breakdown and the ability to click on songs and see which shows we've seen them at. Great work - many thanks, Matt!

Heather41crash 04-29-2016 07:58 PM

Wish I could enjoy this app. I do realize one person can't do everything, however is there anyway to let someone else help? Iphone isn't for everyone, and I say that as an iPhone user for many years that switched to android. I would pay for the app, gladly. Just curious if It's possible to get others to help?

dreamingrace 05-02-2016 09:37 AM

Great job fellas!

Two questions:

Will the live set list be pushed to my phone if I allow notifications?

Whose idea was it for the 70's pimp dmb hub logo?

Matt 05-02-2016 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamingrace (Post 16395883)
Great job fellas!

Two questions:

Will the live set list be pushed to my phone if I allow notifications?

Whose idea was it for the 70's pimp dmb hub logo?

1. Yes
2. Mine :)

dreamingrace 05-02-2016 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 16395939)
1. Yes
2. Mine :)

:hump:hump:hump:eiffeltower

Matt 05-02-2016 10:26 AM

We just sent a push message out to all existing users of DMB Live Setlist notifying them that push messages for live sets will now exclusively be moving over to DMB Hub. If you're still on the fence (and why would you be? It's free!), you should grab DMB Hub before the tour starts, as DMB Live Setlist will no longer be receiving live set push notifications.

ramiro24 05-02-2016 11:14 AM

A shower thought of mine, since teases are no longer counted towards play count, shouldn't fake's be considered the same and not count as well? For example i have heard Too Much played in full 4 times, but the Ants counter has me hearing it 10 total times because it counts 6 fakes as one. Same for Ants as i have heard that in full 14 times but its counted as 16 times heard.

Just my thoughts on that!

Edit: I love the app and the work done on it, its awesome all around!

Matt 05-02-2016 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramiro24 (Post 16396089)
A shower thought of mine, since teases are no longer counted towards play count, shouldn't fake's be considered the same and not count as well? For example i have heard Too Much played in full 4 times, but the Ants counter has me hearing it 10 total times because it counts 6 fakes as one. Same for Ants as i have heard that in full 14 times but its counted as 16 times heard.

Just my thoughts on that!

Edit: I love the app and the work done on it, its awesome all around!

All things to be considered, for sure. Thanks for the input, and we're thrilled you're enjoying the app! Much more to come!

ForkInFork 05-03-2016 04:51 PM

app seems to be crashing every time I click on song #16 to pick a song for the setlist game

Matt 05-03-2016 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForkInFork (Post 16397929)
app seems to be crashing every time I click on song #16 to pick a song for the setlist game

Fix is in review w/ Apple right now. Hopefully will hear tomorrow.

ForkInFork 05-03-2016 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 16397983)
Fix is in review w/ Apple right now. Hopefully will hear tomorrow.

:thumbsup:thumbsup Johnny on the spot. Love the app so far, great job on everything.

Side note. My setlist picks for Cville are so unrealistic its ridiculous, but a man's gotta dream haha

Matt 05-04-2016 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForkInFork (Post 16398176)
:thumbsup:thumbsup Johnny on the spot. Love the app so far, great job on everything.

Side note. My setlist picks for Cville are so unrealistic its ridiculous, but a man's gotta dream haha

Still "In Review" right now, oddly. This has been the longest review period by far - still have my fingers crossed for today.

Bowa34 05-04-2016 11:31 AM

Almost wish I had an Android so I didn't have to see that Lovely Ladies push notification....

BruceW 05-04-2016 12:22 PM

The Butch and Lovely Ladies ones back to back were just pure troll gold

Matt 05-04-2016 02:09 PM

We are considering an in-app purchase to disable any push / hub alerts re: the LL. ;)

dontshootmydog 05-05-2016 03:27 PM

This app is hitting it outta the park with the news flashes. Certainly building hype for the weekend :thumbsup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt 05-05-2016 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontshootmydog (Post 16401307)
This app is hitting it outta the park with the news flashes. Certainly building hype for the weekend :thumbsup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've been envisioning something like this for years. How to get news updates out without them being "news stories" that need to be written / published / proofread.

So so so glad they're being well received!

dontshootmydog 05-05-2016 05:40 PM

"Still working to #FreeDodo" brought the lolz

Matt 05-09-2016 11:22 AM

This weekend was huge for the app. We got about another 1000 new downloads. We're constantly working on improvements to the app so it should be a monster for this tour!

BruceW 05-09-2016 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 16406330)
This weekend was huge for the app. We got about another 1000 new downloads. We're constantly working on improvements to the app so it should be a monster for this tour!

Awesome! I know I've pushed several friends into getting it.

ramiro24 05-09-2016 02:15 PM

Im not sure if this is a minor bug or not? but when i check current show or even my shows, i click on setlist and then click on the song itself where it gives you the option to up vote or down vote the song with the rating system. every time i go to click or "rate" the individual song, it never does anything. it shows that i never rated the song at all.

to me its not a big deal but something i noticed for those that want to use that feature. Otherwise the app was great to use this past weekend!

Also when i used the setlist part of the app to setlist watch, i swear the app never showed the 3 new songs that were played and had no idea new songs were played until i saw it on the boards way later that night, was that because those 3 songs were not in the database? i figure as much but was just curious how that worked.

JTR178 05-10-2016 09:33 AM

Just stoping in to say thanks and give props to this app. It is incredible and looks good too!

BruceW 05-11-2016 03:22 PM

Nitpicky detail here, but Bismarck is misspelled "Bismark" on the app, setlist game, tour central etc.. The almanac and the official setlist have it as Bismarck.

Matt 05-11-2016 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceW (Post 16410304)
Nitpicky detail here, but Bismarck is misspelled "Bismark" on the app, setlist game, tour central etc.. The almanac and the official setlist have it as Bismarck.

We had it as Bismarck originally, but fixed it because we thought it was actually Bismark?

Matt 05-11-2016 04:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
From the band's own site.

Matt 05-11-2016 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramiro24 (Post 16406675)
Im not sure if this is a minor bug or not? but when i check current show or even my shows, i click on setlist and then click on the song itself where it gives you the option to up vote or down vote the song with the rating system. every time i go to click or "rate" the individual song, it never does anything. it shows that i never rated the song at all.

to me its not a big deal but something i noticed for those that want to use that feature. Otherwise the app was great to use this past weekend!

Also when i used the setlist part of the app to setlist watch, i swear the app never showed the 3 new songs that were played and had no idea new songs were played until i saw it on the boards way later that night, was that because those 3 songs were not in the database? i figure as much but was just curious how that worked.

The ShowFlow on the website has been fixed, thanks! It works in the app as well.

The new songs fell victim to a code issue where we couldn't detect their name, therefore didn't show them. It will be fixed in an upcoming app release.

BruceW 05-11-2016 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 16410408)
From the band's own site.

Hahahaha and this is the paper setlist. What gives? Trolls....
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...3848b048be.jpg

TurboPGT 05-11-2016 06:36 PM

DMB Hub - New iPhone App Released

Lights Down doesn't make sense to me. I would think I could select that to see the set of the current set in profess. Instead it's just not clickable.

Edit: nevermind, I force quit the app and it's working-ish now.

AllifromOhio 05-11-2016 06:57 PM

So where do I see the current setlist in the app? I am getting the banner notifications but when I click on it, it takes me to the app but I don't see the setlist.

Hahninator 05-11-2016 07:01 PM

Go on the left side and click Lights Down. Shows perfectly for me.

This app kicks ass with the push notifications. I love it.

dpduke5173 05-11-2016 07:11 PM

App is great for setlist game/live setlist.

BruceW 05-11-2016 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpduke5173 (Post 16411012)
App is great for setlist game/live setlist.

Better than I expected. So much better than refreshing shit

crashintonickdm 05-11-2016 08:35 PM

quoting people is still an issue.

Dannyyankou 05-11-2016 08:53 PM

Matt, I'm not getting points for Bismark tonight.

Matt 05-12-2016 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboPGT (Post 16410780)
Lights Down doesn't make sense to me. I would think I could select that to see the set of the current set in profess. Instead it's just not clickable.

Edit: nevermind, I force quit the app and it's working-ish now.

There's a bug apparently. Going to fix. Thanks!

ckramer09 05-12-2016 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahninator (Post 16410970)
Go on the left side and click Lights Down. Shows perfectly for me.

This app kicks ass with the push notifications. I love it.

So much show that I already love seeing an Orange logo as a push notification when I wake my phone up.

Stellar job, and the app is just going to keep getting better and better. My favorite app by far, not even a contest.

Matt 05-12-2016 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannyyankou (Post 16411642)
Matt, I'm not getting points for Bismark tonight.

Lawlor has the song entered wrong into the band's setlist software. We'll deal with it from now on. Should be good now.

Vastar78 05-13-2016 06:28 PM

Any plans to add the ability to edit song flows in the app?

Matt 05-13-2016 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vastar78 (Post 16415497)
Any plans to add the ability to edit song flows in the app?

Edit song flows? You already can make showflow votes in app.

Vastar78 05-13-2016 07:19 PM

Thanks Matt. Just figured out how to do it. 👍🏻

BruceW 05-17-2016 06:29 PM

Hub not updating live setlist for OKC. I mean I know it's OKC and all but still.

Freddy35 05-18-2016 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrink36 (Post 16382947)

Then why not charge for the android app? Surely the maintenance on the app can't be something that intensive. Wouldn't there be individuals within the huge ants community that know how to code for android and could help port it over?

I'd pay $2 for the app if it is customizable enough, which it seems to be.

DMB1983 05-18-2016 11:10 AM

The personal stats option is incredible! I don't know if that's been around on AM.org or not, but it's so cool to see it in this setup. Being able to look at all the shows you've been to, what songs were played, percentage of how many times you've seen a certain song. It's really cool for a DMB nerd such as myself. Interesting to see what songs have been played the most, and what songs I thought I'd seen pretty much every show but had really only seen like 6 times.

Matt 05-18-2016 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freddy35 (Post 16423969)
Then why not charge for the android app? Surely the maintenance on the app can't be something that intensive. Wouldn't there be individuals within the huge ants community that know how to code for android and could help port it over?

Because you could back a truck into my driveway filled with money, and it still wouldn't change the fact that there are a finite number of hours in a day and I am but one person. If you think I just hand the code over to someone and magically my effort is done there, you've never written a line of code in your life.

"Surely" you have no idea what you're talking about if you think porting an app, and then maintaining stability and feature parity is trivial. Honestly, you're out of your depth on this topic.

Matt 05-18-2016 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMB1983 (Post 16423984)
The personal stats option is incredible! I don't know if that's been around on AM.org or not, but it's so cool to see it in this setup. Being able to look at all the shows you've been to, what songs were played, percentage of how many times you've seen a certain song. It's really cool for a DMB nerd such as myself. Interesting to see what songs have been played the most, and what songs I thought I'd seen pretty much every show but had really only seen like 6 times.

Have you seen Tour Central? We've had a deep stats feature since our inception in 2002!

ramiro24 05-18-2016 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freddy35 (Post 16423969)

:lol :popcorn:popcorn:popcorn
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 16424276)
Because you could back a truck into my driveway filled with money, and it still wouldn't change the fact that there are a finite number of hours in a day and I am but one person. If you think I just hand the code over to someone and magically my effort is done there, you've never written a line of code in your life.

"Surely" you have no idea what you're talking about if you think porting an app, and then maintaining stability and feature parity is trivial. Honestly, you're out of your depth on this topic.

I can't wait to see this conversation continue.