Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TheLastPig 04-30-2018 11:25 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 17080143)
it was clear enough that the position it was in after holtby's leg dragged it forward. you could even see the puck physically cross in to the right front corner. thankfully it didn't influence the outcome, but that was a missed call.

That goal was as clear as day. The point noone seems to bring up, is that image where you clearly see white was as the puck was on its way back out, it bounced inside behind the post then came back up to that point.

I didnt even see a call made on the ice, thats what was ridiculous to me. It seemed like no ref had an idea so it just defaulted to no goal because there wasnt a definite call.


Not surprising nothing for Wilson, #garageleague at its best. I cant see an argument for there at least not being a hearing.

I dont expect Dumo to play again this season, that looked like a brutal concussion. Mightve been knocked out on the ice. Cant overstate how huge a loss he is.

Dramageek 04-30-2018 11:36 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17080719)
No meeting for Wilson. Pens twitter is in full melt

No doubt. Whether Dumo turned into him or not, Wilson followed through on his hit. A hit to the head that concusses a player should at least warrant a hearing. But wheel of Justice and all... I know if a Pens player did that to a Cap with no penalty or hearing, then you and other Caps fans would be justifiably melting, too. Thatís generally what happens when the Pens get away with something.

Asfor the no-goal, I thought the NBC close-up showed a sliver of white ice between the puck and the goal line. And it appeared to sneak by Holtbyís pad behind the post, which logically puts it behind the line. Sid claims he saw the puck on edge behind the post. But, the call on the ice was no goal, and given that we are going into frame-by-frame analysis, I can accept that there was not enough to overturn.

The reffing was atrocious all around. They miss some calls against the Caps, so they let Ruwhedel get away with a blatant trip/slash on Smith-Pelley. Then tempers flare and everyone gets chippy. That shouldnít happen.

TheLastPig 04-30-2018 11:37 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)
 
Refs completely lost control of that game yesterday, it was shit show all around.

Brohan_Santana 04-30-2018 11:41 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 17080764)
That goal was as clear as day. The point noone seems to bring up, is that image where you clearly see white was as the puck was on its way back out, it bounced inside behind the post then came back up to that point.

I didnt even see a call made on the ice, thats what was ridiculous to me. It seemed like no ref had an idea so it just defaulted to no goal because there wasnt a definite call.


Not surprising nothing for Wilson, #garageleague at its best. I cant see an argument for there at least not being a hearing.

I dont expect Dumo to play again this season, that looked like a brutal concussion. Mightve been knocked out on the ice. Cant overstate how huge a loss he is.

It was waived off emphatically

https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/...48106647244800 - rules are rules but you can ignore

To reiterate, I think the head needs to be treated like high sticking & whatever the call on the ice was I think needed to stay the call.

https://twitter.com/HeyBarber/status/990713918040375296

Every overhead angle never showed puck crossing the line. Once puck gets lost the play gets blown dead. Those are rules. Hard to follow & agree with rules eh?

TheLastPig 04-30-2018 11:43 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)
 
1. Im not even saying wilson shouldve got a game, based on his history it shouldve been a hearing

2. Show me the rule that says you HAVE to see a conclusive OVERHEAD view. And again as I said if you watch the whole sequence from that angle, you can clearly see the puck is on recoil from the still image used.

Chumlee67 04-30-2018 11:47 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)
 
Officiating seems to be terrible through out every series in this second round

Climb2safety 04-30-2018 11:56 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)
 
Wilsonís hit was fine. The Pittsburgh player was Ovie a bout to clean his clock and turned back into Wilson trying to avoit it. Tough play but it was brutal out there.

I guess instant reply canít solve everything. We should put a microchip in the puck or something if we want these calls to be right.

I thought the Pens lost control, not the refs. Two bad minors in the 3rd out of frustration didnít help their comeback chances.

Then when it was over, they were clearly just trying to set the tone for game 3.

Itís just getting started. And I think a streetfight plays into the Caps favor since Pittsburgh is nicked.

And Hornqvist is a pussy. Heís a good enough player but wants no part of Tim Wilson or Smith-Pelly.

Brohan_Santana 04-30-2018 12:07 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 17080794)
1. Im not even saying wilson shouldve got a game, based on his history it shouldve been a hearing

2. Show me the rule that says you HAVE to see a conclusive OVERHEAD view. And again as I said if you watch the whole sequence from that angle, you can clearly see the puck is on recoil from the still image used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u35iOaMKVHw

No where here was it ever conclusive it was in by any stretch - show me where it's over conclusively?

Goal was waived off right away

TheLastPig 04-30-2018 12:20 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)
 
Dumo skating in a non contact jersey. I am stunned.

bradshaw06 04-30-2018 12:28 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 17080818)
Wilsonís hit was fine. The Pittsburgh player was Ovie a bout to clean his clock and turned back into Wilson trying to avoit it. Tough play but it was brutal out there.

I guess instant reply canít solve everything. We should put a microchip in the puck or something if we want these calls to be right.

I thought the Pens lost control, not the refs. Two bad minors in the 3rd out of frustration didnít help their comeback chances.

Then when it was over, they were clearly just trying to set the tone for game 3.

Itís just getting started. And I think a streetfight plays into the Caps favor since Pittsburgh is nicked.

And Hornqvist is a pussy. Heís a good enough player but wants no part of Tim Wilson or Smith-Pelly.

Pretty bad takes all around in this post.

Climb2safety 04-30-2018 12:31 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 17080883)
Pretty bad takes all around in this post.

Funny how that works.

You thought two stupid penalties in the third was a good idea? Thatís usually what Washington does.

jrkarger 04-30-2018 12:39 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)
 
How does one post the YouTube link of the NBC broadcast that I assume contained the still shot of (in this order) goal line, sliver of white, puck in support of the argument there is no conclusive evidence of a goal?

Not that it matters, the Pens would have still been down a goal anyway.

Also, would C2S mind explaining what exactly, “wanting no parts of Tim [sic] Wilson or Smith-Pelly” actually means and how that defines Hornqvist a pussy?

bradshaw06 04-30-2018 12:40 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 17080893)
Funny how that works.

You thought two stupid penalties in the third was a good idea? Thatís usually what Washington does.

Thought the letang penalty was ticky-tac. Especially after the missed a pretty blatant knee on Guentzel. You could call any penalty a stupid penalty, donít really think it was because of anyone melting though.

bradshaw06 04-30-2018 12:42 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 17080908)
How does one post the YouTube link of the NBC broadcast that I assume contained the still shot of (in this order) goal line, sliver of white, puck in support of the argument there is no conclusive evidence of a goal?

Not that it matters, the Pens would have still been down a goal anyway.

Also, would C2S mind explaining what exactly, ďwanting no parts of Tim [sic] Wilson or Smith-PellyĒ actually means and how that defines Hornqvist a pussy?

In addition. I dont see anyone saying the goal shouldnt have counted because of a whistle. They only have said no evidence of a goal, which is wrong.

Brohan_Santana 04-30-2018 12:43 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 17080908)
How does one post the YouTube link of the NBC broadcast that I assume contained the still shot of (in this order) goal line, sliver of white, puck in support of the argument there is no conclusive evidence of a goal?

Not that it matters, the Pens would have still been down a goal anyway.

Also, would C2S mind explaining what exactly, ďwanting no parts of Tim [sic] Wilson or Smith-PellyĒ actually means and how that defines Hornqvist a pussy?

this was addressed yesterday - Hornqvist doesn't fight he just gets under peoples skin, i.e. bitching out in a fight against Orlov yesterday

Brohan_Santana 04-30-2018 12:44 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 17080913)
in addition. I dont see anyone saying the goal shouldnt have counted because of a whistle. They only have said no evidence of a goal, which is wrong.

the rule is to blow the whistle when you can no longer see the puck. It's the rule!!!!!!!!

bradshaw06 04-30-2018 12:45 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17080919)
the rule is to blow the whistle when you can no longer see the puck. It's the rule!!!!!!!!

I never said it wasnt, dawg. I said youíre claiming they blew a whistle and that is the reason for no goal. But that is not what was stated in game.

Brohan_Santana 04-30-2018 12:47 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 17080921)
I never said it wasnt, dawg. I said youíre claiming they blew a whistle and that is the reason for no goal. But that is not what was stated in game.

No light went on. No signal for a goal. Called no goal on the ice & was the correct call. Review never showed any conclusive evidence to overturn

Climb2safety 04-30-2018 12:50 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)
 
I thought it would be called a goal.

I have disagreed with most of the reviews this payoffs though.

jrkarger 04-30-2018 12:54 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17080918)
this was addressed yesterday - Hornqvist doesn't fight he just gets under peoples skin, i.e. bitching out in a fight against Orlov yesterday

Well my sincere apologies for not spending my Sunday afternoon posting on am.org :rolleyes

Anyway... I didn’t view the hornqvist Orlov thing that way, but ok.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17080919)
the rule is to blow the whistle when you can no longer see the puck. It's the rule!!!!!!!!

I agree with you here if the whistle blows; full stop. But, that’s not what happened here. The whistle came a good half second to a second after Holtby got the puck back out of the net.

Brohan_Santana 04-30-2018 01:04 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 17080954)
I agree with you here if the whistle blows; full stop. But, thatís not what happened here. The whistle came a good half second to a second after Holtby got the puck back out of the net.

Damned if they do damned if they don't - you would be complaining if it was a quick whistle. Also puck never went in the net

Climb2safety 04-30-2018 01:07 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)
 
Even in games, scoring the periods so far I have it 3-2 and a tie with the Caps up one period (in the game they lost of course).

Definitely feels like a 7 game series.

TheLastPig 04-30-2018 01:09 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 17080954)
Well my sincere apologies for not spending my Sunday afternoon posting on am.org :rolleyes

Anyway... I didnít view the hornqvist Orlov thing that way, but ok.




I agree with you here if the whistle blows; full stop. But, thatís not what happened here. The whistle came a good half second to a second after Holtby got the puck back out of the net.

Yup. They blew the whistle because all the players on the ice stopped because it was assumed the puck was in the net.

Crosby even said he saw the puck behind the post. *waits for lol guys from caps fans* - but he isnt going to just come out and say that if he didnt see it.

TheLastPig 04-30-2018 01:10 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17080974)
Damned if they do damned if they don't - you would be complaining if it was a quick whistle. Also puck never went in the net

But you said it wasnt conclusive. Which is it?

jrkarger 04-30-2018 01:11 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17080974)
Damned if they do damned if they don't - you would be complaining if it was a quick whistle. Also puck never went in the net

I don’t know about you but I see white in between the goal line and puck.

EDIT: and it would be more excusable and less infuriating if they blew the play dead before the puck went in; at least IMO. The fact they took all of that time to review it and still waived it off is mind boggling.

But, like I said, it wouldn’t have mattered. With that said, use replay and get it right.

Climb2safety 04-30-2018 01:11 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 17080988)
Yup. They blew the whistle because all the players on the ice stopped because it was assumed the puck was in the net.

Crosby even said he saw the puck behind the post. *waits for lol guys from caps fans* - but he isnt going to just come out and say that if he didnt see it.

Then why do you think they didnít call it a goal?

TheLastPig 04-30-2018 01:14 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 17080997)
Then why do you think they didn’t call it a goal?

Because no ref was close enough to see it so it defaulted to go goal on the ice.

TheLastPig 04-30-2018 01:15 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 17080996)
I donít know about you but I see white in between the goal line and puck.

yeah the notion that is just snow is nuts. Thats as clear as day... and again, the puck was in deeper than that and on its way out in that photo.

Climb2safety 04-30-2018 01:15 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 17081004)
Because no ref was close enough to see it so it defaulted to go goal on the ice.

Did the have that pic just posed in New York where the reviews take place?

Yeah, it looks like you can see white.

TheLastPig 04-30-2018 01:16 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 17081009)
Did the have that pic just posed in New York where the reviews take place?

Yeah, it looks like you can see white.

If youre asking me to justify the call they made in NY I dont know what you want me to say, thats why Im sitting here disagreeing with the call.

Maybe they rushed the decision before they waited for that proper angle and zoom to come across.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.