Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

MiniFlynny34 02-21-2018 11:03 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Golden Knights are alright)

And of course this has to end in a shootout. I get olympic TV schedules are tight but cmon...

mr.MikeD 02-21-2018 11:13 PM

Damn. Congrats I guess. Better team tonight won but shootouts are the worst.

BotheLaneFan 02-21-2018 11:15 PM

https://youtu.be/qqaRuzJhS3A

Brohan_Santana 02-21-2018 11:16 PM

Let’s fucking go ladies!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmbetc 02-21-2018 11:16 PM

Amazing!!!!

Rooney was great all game

BotheLaneFan 02-21-2018 11:17 PM

BTW, how is that not the US National Anthem? Our Anthem sucks. That song has the BALLS.

Brohan_Santana 02-21-2018 11:17 PM

God damn ladies, you made me cry. Let’s fucking go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmbetc 02-21-2018 11:41 PM

Agosta taking her medal off right away is so shameful

Roose13 02-22-2018 05:12 AM

USA USA USA USA!!!!

So proud

TMoore4075 02-22-2018 05:24 AM

I remember the game 20 years ago. Didn't think at the time it would be 20 years till the next one but it's awesome. Guess they just need to be over in Asia to win it.

lockman21 02-22-2018 05:57 AM

That was amazing.

swordo84 02-22-2018 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 17024161)

This. All of this.

swordo84 02-22-2018 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17024168)

I get this viewpoint for sure, but for me I don't blame her one bit. I'd probably do the same. It's different than say, a judged event where you legit win the silver but these ladies lost the gold and if that's how they want to express their disappointment then so be it. I don't really have an issue with it.

At least she didnt chuck it into the crowd like the Swedish fella at the WJHC :lol

~Crashintome89~ 02-22-2018 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17024168)

As Ricky Bobby would say, "if you're not first, you're last."

aeroshady 02-22-2018 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 17024314)
I get this viewpoint for sure, but for me I don't blame her one bit. I'd probably do the same. It's different than say, a judged event where you legit win the silver but these ladies lost the gold and if that's how they want to express their disappointment then so be it. I don't really have an issue with it.

At least she didnt chuck it into the crowd like the Swedish fella at the WJHC :lol

I think this should be the reaction anytime a player wins the Conn Symthe from the losing team in the Cup finals.

TMoore4075 02-22-2018 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 17024161)

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 17024307)
This. All of this.

Anyone who posts in here knows how much I hate shootouts but the US coaches said after the men's team lost that's a terrible way to lose a game and then I think it was women's head coach said...not if you're on the other end. And I get why Olympics and tourneys do it. Outside of the gold medal games you might be playing the next day and if you play 2 OT's that's awful.

mr.MikeD 02-22-2018 06:55 AM

Yeah I’ve get if for sure. And as far as shootouts go that was a good one, 2 highlight worthy goals

And the Canadians looked gassed, more hockey wasn’t going to be better for them.

lockman21 02-22-2018 07:04 AM

Should make an exception for the gold medal game.

aeroshady 02-22-2018 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 17024391)
Yeah I’ve get if for sure. And as far as shootouts go that was a good one, 2 highlight worthy goals

And the Canadians looked gassed, more hockey wasn’t going to be better for them.

Really, the Canadians look like they just made a bad change late in the third and got caught with a long ice pass that gave the USA a break away goal. So tough in such a close game!

dmbetc 02-22-2018 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 17024314)

Not saying anything against them being heartbroken for losing. I get that part. I’ve got it the last 4 times the US has lost. I just think the act of taking off the medal is poor sportsmanship. I get emotions are high and what not. Just wear the thing for 10 mins and then throw it in the trash for all I care. Don’t rip it off like it’s burning your neck on National tv.

Roose13 02-22-2018 07:13 AM

I'm not as bent out of shape over taking off the medal after receiving it. Silver is the only one you receive. The other two you win. She just lost an emotional game. Not like she threw the damn thing.

TMoore4075 02-22-2018 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 17024420)
Should make an exception for the gold medal game.

You know rules makers. It's one set for all.
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17024431)
Not saying anything against them being heartbroken for losing. I get that part. I’ve got it the last 4 times the US has lost. I just think the act of taking off the medal is poor sportsmanship. I get emotions are high and what not. Just wear the thing for 10 mins and then throw it in the trash for all I care. Don’t rip it off like it’s burning your neck on National tv.

Yeah this is my thought process. I get the emotion but...

And remember, it used to be you won the silver. The loser of the consolation game got bronze and the loser of the championship game...nothing. So you lose 2 games in a row to end the tourney and get bronze and you go 1-1 and nothing.

fonzz41 02-22-2018 07:48 AM

I also understand taking off the silver, being upset, etc. BUT c'mon, you win with class, you lose with class. Be an example and show the youngsters how to lose with dignity.

I was disappointed at the end of OT knowing it was going to a shootout, just because of the quality of that OT period. That was some of the best hockey I've watched in a LONG time and I would've loved to see it continue. But I'll be honest - as far as shootouts go... that was amazing.

The Lamoreauxs are currently my favorite hockey players.

Roose13 02-22-2018 07:56 AM

I hope they make player tees for the women's team. Would love to get one. Definitely getting myself a new USA hockey shirt.

BotheLaneFan 02-22-2018 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17024339)
As Ricky Bobby would say, "if you're not first, you're last."

And as Reese Bobby says “Oh hell, Son, I was high that day. That doesn’t make any sense at all, you can be second, third, fourth… hell you can even be fifth!”

Brohan_Santana 02-22-2018 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17024510)
I hope they make player tees for the women's team. Would love to get one. Definitely getting myself a new USA hockey shirt.

Could you post ITT if you find a place that does it. ShopUSAHockey can personalize them

How dope is this https://www.shopusahockey.com/store/...d-Hoodie-clone

fonzz41 02-22-2018 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17024510)

I would buy a Lamoreaux tee in a heartbeat. Either twin, don't care.

Roose13 02-22-2018 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17024656)
Could you post ITT if you find a place that does it. ShopUSAHockey can personalize them

How dope is this https://www.shopusahockey.com/store/...d-Hoodie-clone

Those are dope.

I know they do personalization on jerseys which is cool. Did you see the $4k 1980 bubble hockey table? I need that if I hit the lottery. :lol

Brohan_Santana 02-22-2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17024683)
Those are dope.

I know they do personalization on jerseys which is cool. Did you see the $4k 1980 bubble hockey table? I need that if I hit the lottery. :lol

Didn't see that.

I wonder if they prevent you from personalizing to a players name.

I tried making a Keenum Redskins jersey for Shits & giggles when I was on the fire Kirky & sign someone just as good at 1/3 of the price kick, and it didn't let me use the name Keenum

Lcsulla 02-22-2018 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17024748)
Didn't see that.

I wonder if they prevent you from personalizing to a players name.

I tried making a Keenum Redskins jersey for Shits & giggles when I was on the fire Kirky & sign someone just as good at 1/3 of the price kick, and it didn't let me use the name Keenum

Just a suggestion but buy a blank jersey and go to a local uniform place that embroiders for sports teams, police departments, etc, etc and have them customize it for you. You will end up saving yourself some money.

I agree with all, that game last night was great, shootout was a nailbiter.