Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TheLastPig 05-22-2017 06:28 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16795091)
So did the Pens yesterday! :lol

god damn do-gooders!

jrkarger 05-22-2017 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16794560)
Didn't realize Shaw was fined 5k and suspended for a game for the same thing. Fucked up, you can't make a different standard in the playoffs. Seems the NHL is never going to learn.

Does this bother anyone else?

Getzlaf and Shaw get fined for a slur as they most certainly should have been.

But, the sum-bitches who hit ruhwedel and Wilson didn't even get a call on the ice and no hearing whatsover (probably won't in the case of the guy who hit wilson).

TheLastPig 05-22-2017 07:52 AM

that elbow on wilson was as dirty as it gets

TMoore4075 05-22-2017 08:02 AM

The NHL should be doing something but like I've said if the NHLPA doesn't step up to protect their players, I don't know what they are there for. Maybe they are talking behind the scenes but even if they are, it clearly isn't enough. My worry is that the PA doesn't want to go into too big of a thing because if their players start getting suspended for 20 games, that's a big chunk of salary gone and these ain't the Crosby's and Kane's that will be getting suspensions (although it's possible) but it's the 3rd and 4th liners who typically who don't make the 9mil a year. Not saying that should matter if you want to protect everyone but it has me wondering if that factors into it.

jrkarger 05-22-2017 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16795189)
The NHL should be doing something but like I've said if the NHLPA doesn't step up to protect their players, I don't know what they are there for. Maybe they are talking behind the scenes but even if they are, it clearly isn't enough. My worry is that the PA doesn't want to go into too big of a thing because if their players start getting suspended for 20 games, that's a big chunk of salary gone and these ain't the Crosby's and Kane's that will be getting suspensions (although it's possible) but it's the 3rd and 4th liners who typically who don't make the 9mil a year. Not saying that should matter if you want to protect everyone but it has me wondering if that factors into it.

But, Tim, they aren't even calling it during the game! They call that ticky tacky penalty on Cullen yesterday but keep the whistles in their pockets when other hits happen.

Say what you will about Goodell (and I initially hated it when James Harrison was the target of his wrath) but the initiatives in the NFL to protect the head have been good things.

I was at my local watering hole when Ruhwedel got hit and got into a discussion with the guy next to me. I thought it should have been 4 minutes. He thought it was a clean hit.

He was like "taking away hitting changes the game". I'm sorry but that's a BS take (not yours, Tim, the doucher's at the bar). If you can't tell the difference between the head shot Ruhwedel took (and was bloodied by) and the shoulder check to the chest that Rust took in game 2 then you don't get it and never will.

TMoore4075 05-22-2017 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16795213)
But, Tim, they aren't even calling it during the game! They call that ticky tacky penalty on Cullen yesterday but keep the whistles in their pockets when other hits happen.

Say what you will about Goodell (and I initially hated it when James Harrison was the target of his wrath) but the initiatives in the NFL to protect the head have been good things.

I was at my local watering hole when Ruhwedel got hit and got into a discussion with the guy next to me. I thought it should have been 4 minutes. He thought it was a clean hit.

He was like "taking away hitting changes the game". I'm sorry but that's a BS take (not yours, Tim, the doucher's at the bar). If you can't tell the difference between the head shot Ruhwedel took (and was bloodied by) and the shoulder check to the chest that Rust took in game 2 then you don't get it and never will.

Oh I'm with you. My comment on the PA wasn't just for suspensions, they could force the league on the ice too. I just think it's all connected. The PA doesn't want big suspensions for the reason I gave so it makes them soft on trying to get penalties called because they worry how it could escalate, causing players to lose income. There is a lot of assuming in there by me but since this headshot conversation has been going on for the better part of 7 years, at least heavily, and we still haven't seen a big change, I think that's a lot of evidence for my argument. Yeah the league could go in on it but if the players are acting "meh" about it then the league isn't gonna rush anything.

unccrombie 05-22-2017 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16795175)
that elbow on wilson was as dirty as it gets

garage league

hailtopitt 05-22-2017 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16795239)
garage league

I'm giving all of the thumbs up right now

fonzz41 05-22-2017 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16795124)
Does this bother anyone else?

Getzlaf and Shaw get fined for a slur as they most certainly should have been.

But, the sum-bitches who hit ruhwedel and Wilson didn't even get a call on the ice and no hearing whatsover (probably won't in the case of the guy who hit wilson).

NHL just confirmed Wingels hasn't gotten a call. Ridiculous.

TheLastPig 05-22-2017 11:03 AM

playoff hockey

unccrombie 05-22-2017 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16795276)
I'm giving all of the thumbs up right now

i don't see any thumbs, hope you didn't lose them in a garage accident

TMoore4075 05-22-2017 12:59 PM

Go Preds! Get this done tonight.

JRS1386 05-22-2017 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cry_minarets458 (Post 16795084)
My first experience with baseball that I remember is 1992; first year Camden yards opened. I think I was 3 going on 4. Don't know how I remember it so vividly. Have been an O's fan since that time. When the Ravens were announced, I immediately became a fan, as I didn't have a true NFL team other than by an association and hand me downs from my older brother.

Never got into hockey until the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins came to the area in 1999 went to a ton of games each year. Became a Pittsburgh fan just because I'd watch how many of the AHL players finally crack it into the NHL. It's just been so awesome. Rob scuderi is one of my favorite players ever. Loved Murray. Rust too (actually have a warm up jersey of his from Scranton). It was so great to see all those guys make an impact last year when they got called up.

:thumbsup Cool. AHL hockey is pretty fun. And Camden is beautiful

aeroshady 05-22-2017 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16795579)

My NJ mind can't compute this....

cry_minarets458 05-22-2017 01:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by cry_minarets458 (Post 16795084)
My first experience with baseball that I remember is 1992; first year Camden yards opened. I think I was 3 going on 4. Don't know how I remember it so vividly. Have been an O's fan since that time. When the Ravens were announced, I immediately became a fan, as I didn't have a true NFL team other than by an association and hand me downs from my older brother.

Never got into hockey until the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins came to the area in 1999 went to a ton of games each year. Became a Pittsburgh fan just because I'd watch how many of the AHL players finally crack it into the NHL. It's just been so awesome. Rob scuderi is one of my favorite players ever. Loved Murray. Rust too (actually have a warm up jersey of his from Scranton). It was so great to see all those guys make an impact last year when they got called up.

Quote:

Just to follow-up; Rust's worn warm-up jersey from last the 2015-2016 AHL season

JRS1386 05-22-2017 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16795633)

I forgot that shit hole of an area existed ever since moving to VA

Roose13 05-22-2017 03:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16795633)

Oh yea, Camden, NJ is so gorgeous: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...a164546016.jpg

bradshaw06 05-22-2017 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16795764)

It is so weird taking the patco. Going from somewhere like Collingswood and it slowly bad.

TMoore4075 05-22-2017 05:39 PM

This could be over real quick.

mr.MikeD 05-22-2017 05:52 PM

A very small part of me wants the ducks to win the cup to say that the oilers took the cup winners to 7. The rest of me is fine with the ducks getting knocked out tonight. So go Preds!

Roose13 05-22-2017 07:49 PM

This third period has been fucking bonkers

Dramageek 05-22-2017 07:56 PM

That'll do it. Good job, Preds! I'm sure the one Preds fan who posts here from time to time is ecstatic. I hope the Pens join you tomorrow and crash your party. ;)

recentlyJTR41 05-22-2017 07:57 PM

Oh yeah I'm going to be in Nashville during the Stanley Cup. Can't fucking wait.

Roose13 05-22-2017 07:57 PM

Awwww sad Corey Perry. Fuck you bro

recentlyJTR41 05-22-2017 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16795764)

Looks like Hamsterdam

Dramageek 05-22-2017 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by recentlyJTR41 (Post 16795990)
Looks like Hamsterdam

:lol :lol Well played!

Lcsulla 05-22-2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16795560)
Go Preds! Get this done tonight.

Fuck them, collection of dirty cheating bastards and they end up beating 3 teams that are far better than them. I hope Ottawa or Pittsburgh sweeps them in the finals. They do not deserve the cup.

rickyh24 05-22-2017 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16796010)
they end up beating 3 teams that are far better than them. They do not deserve the cup.

This doesn't add up.

Lcsulla 05-22-2017 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 16796015)
This doesn't add up.

Sure does - they beat Chicago (109 points), they beat St. Louis (99 points) and Anaheim (105 points) while they only had 94 points and were the last seed in the west. They just got on a hot streak at the right time.

recentlyJTR41 05-22-2017 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16796020)
Sure does - they beat Chicago (109 points), they beat St. Louis (99 points) and Anaheim (105 points) while they only had 94 points and were the last seed in the west. They just got on a hot streak at the right time.

:: checks flair ::

Ok this rant makes sense