Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TMoore4075 05-01-2017 01:19 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16779029)
Doubt this is possible for any team, but what if you had 2 goalies with NMC's?

I can promise you no one's backup goalie has a NMC. Hell, even if Quick doesn't have a NMC. The only goalies with a NMC is MAF, Crawford, Price, Rinne, Rask and Talbot.

Brohan_Santana 05-01-2017 01:24 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16779038)
I can promise you no one's backup goalie has a NMC. Hell, even if Quick doesn't have a NMC. The only goalies with a NMC is MAF, Crawford, Price, Rinne, Rask and Talbot.

I did a little research myself after that. Something tells me GMGM is going to want to screw with his old team

TMoore4075 05-01-2017 01:29 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16779041)
I did a little research myself after that. Something tells me GMGM is going to want to screw with his old team

Eh he can only do so much by taking one player. Caps have the luxury of 0 guys with NMC so they aren't forced to protect somebody they don't want to. I'm looking forward to the last few weeks of June. Could be a lot of movement as GM's try unload a guy for something rather than lose him for nothing to Vegas.

YouNeverKnow25 05-01-2017 01:29 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16779038)
I can promise you no one's backup goalie has a NMC. Hell, even if Quick doesn't have a NMC. The only goalies with a NMC is MAF, Crawford, Price, Rinne, Rask and Talbot.

doesn't the penguins' backup goalie have a NMC?

TheLastPig 05-01-2017 01:33 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 16779047)
doesn't the penguins' backup goalie have a NMC?

He's talking about true backups. MAF/Murray still both starters.

barbogast 05-01-2017 01:41 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 16779047)
doesn't the penguins' backup goalie have a NMC?

I was kind of thinking the same thing

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16779050)
He's talking about true backups. MAF/Murray still both starters.

Right, but the Pens can't protect both and MAF has the NMC. Murray does not.

TheLastPig 05-01-2017 02:04 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16779055)
I was kind of thinking the same thing



Right, but the Pens can't protect both and MAF has the NMC. Murray does not.

Yeah im well aware. MAF will waive his clause and get dealt. Everything he is doing right now is skyrocketing his value. It would be dumb to do anything else really.

bradshaw06 05-01-2017 02:09 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Yea maf is sitting pretty right now. There really isnt any reason for him to waive. If it were me, i'd want the team to buy me out. More money.

TheLastPig 05-01-2017 02:13 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16779076)
Yea maf is sitting pretty right now. There really isnt any reason for him to waive. If it were me, i'd want the team to buy me out. More money.

Pretty confident MAF will waive it. He's not the type of person to give them a hard time. I dont see him making any of this hard on Mario/GMJR. Maybe they just offer to buy him out but I think he knows the situation and will be willing to help the organization... especially if somehow he leads them to another ring this year and leaves on top.

lockman21 05-01-2017 02:15 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16779038)
I can promise you no one's backup goalie has a NMC. Hell, even if Quick doesn't have a NMC. The only goalies with a NMC is MAF, Crawford, Price, Rinne, Rask and Talbot.

My first thought was the Stars. Looks like they both have NTC.

bradshaw06 05-01-2017 02:16 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16779079)
Pretty confident MAF will waive it. He's not the type of person to give them a hard time. I dont see him making any of this hard on Mario/GMJR. Maybe they just offer to buy him out but I think he knows the situation and will be willing to help the organization... especially if somehow he leads them to another ring this year and leaves on top.

Perhaps. He does hold the cards now though. If they do win it all, its a very interesting spot to be in.

lockman21 05-01-2017 02:17 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Just in case people are wondering like me, full list of goalies with NMC -

Hank, BOBROVSKY!, Pekka Rinne, Tuuka, Price, Crawford, Bishop, MAF and Cam Talbot.

kev87lads 05-01-2017 02:48 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Missed these posts over the weekend. Playing catch up now. But...

Greg and Chris. Sorry to hear about those things happening and going on. Especially Chris with the player going into cardiac right there. I mean any of us who have played men's league know that there usually isn't anything serious going on. And for that to just happen there. Definitely shifts the perspective.

And as usual, Matty sums up our thread and thoughts about one another perfectly. It is a nice escape to have a place we can "go" to post and be there for each other. I wouldn't say I've moved on from DMB, but I was never really into DMBc anyway (at least from a posting point of view). So this is really the only place on Ants that I post and really the only thread in the tailgate I even come into. I get what Matty is saying as well about how it's probably "better" that we don't all know each other too closely but there's part of me that wishes we could all get together and hang for a day or two to put all the faces with the (user)names. I'll speak for myself, but I think it was a really cool time a few of us has last year in c-ville. Wouldn't hesitate to do a meet up like that again somewhere. If it made sense. (That was 51 weeks ago guys! And gal.)

TMoore4075 05-01-2017 03:09 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 16779047)
doesn't the penguins' backup goalie have a NMC?

You mean the guy that's 6-1 in the playoffs. Yeah he ain't the backup.
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16779080)
My first thought was the Stars. Looks like they both have NTC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16779082)
Just in case people are wondering like me, full list of goalies with NMC -

Hank, BOBROVSKY!, Pekka Rinne, Tuuka, Price, Crawford, Bishop, MAF and Cam Talbot.

UFA's don't matter in terms of the expansion draft though do they?

YouNeverKnow25 05-01-2017 03:25 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
I'll say this: there is precisely zero point zero chance that MAF negotiated for the NMC only to waive it for nothing later

TheLastPig 05-01-2017 03:30 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 16779136)
I'll say this: there is precisely zero point zero chance that MAF negotiated for the NMC only to waive it for nothing later

Not true.

MAF knows whats going on. He is the antithesis of a "me" guy. He will do whatever is easiest/best for him and the Pens. Whether that is waiving the nmc or getting bought out is yet to be seen. Probably depends on where he wants to land/what closed-door offers the Pens have.

Its not a definite it will be waived but its not 0.0

YouNeverKnow25 05-01-2017 03:32 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
why do you think he negotiated for the NMC?

TheLastPig 05-01-2017 03:33 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 16779148)
why do you think he negotiated for the NMC?

The same reason most do. Stability for him and his family. That deal was negotiated well before Murray came into play, at that time he was a cornerstone piece of the team, thats not the case now, he knows that.

More I think about it my gut says Mario/Burkle/GMJR will just buy it out to pay him the most money they can and show their respect to him (again especially if they repeat), but thats not whats in the best interest for the Pens as an organization and I feel pretty confident saying MAF understands that and wouldnt mind waiving it if he gets a bit of a say in what team deals for him. I also dont think GMJR would trade him to a shitty situation. Lots of respect between the org. and him.

YouNeverKnow25 05-01-2017 03:34 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
and you think that this somehow makes him less likely to enforce his contractual rights?

aeroshady 05-01-2017 03:35 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16778939)
That sucks Greg. Sorry to hear.

I've been relatively absent from the thread the last two weeks for a similar reason. Two weeks ago I saw an ominous FB post from one of my best friend's older brother's fiance (I know, a little Ferris Bueller). Anyway, it was referencing this friend of mine's younger brother, saying how she'll miss him forever. I did a quick Google search of his name and it pulled up a story about the body of a kid, with his name and his age, found in Belmont Harbor in Chicago. Shook me to my core. 24-year-old kid found dead on Easter Sunday in freakin' Lake Michigan. Immediately started texting other friends asking what they knew, basically saying "This can't be THAT Bryan, can it?" Well...it was. He was one of those little brother's that tagged along to everything we did. Concerts, parties in college, etc. This friend of mine was a friend since freshman year of high school and my college roommate for a year, and I can't tell you how many times I hung out with his little brother tagging along. So sobering to go to that funeral.

Anyway - I flew up to Chicago for that wake/funeral on a Wednesday night. Wake Thursday, funeral Friday. Flew back to Texas on a Sunday. Ran some errands, did laundry, etc. and then had a hockey game that night in my men's league. Wasn't back in Texas for more than 6 hours before I had that game. Middle of the second period a guy came off the ice (came through the door) and as he was walking to his spot on the bench, he just collapsed. Guy literally fell into my arms. Had a full blown cardiac arrest. I had to cut off his jersey, rip off his pads and hold his head back while some of my EMT teammates administered CPR and later hooked up the AED to shock him (three times). His wake was last week.

Between that, some other stuff in my personal life (split up with the girl I was seeing, Blackhawks get swept, some other nonsense, etc.) it's been a rough couple weeks.

Totally agree your sentiment that it just doesn't feel as important. I was thinking about all that's happened in the last couple weeks, and how the Blackhawks failures were really at the bottom of the list of things I cared about. When you compare it to all that other stuff, it just seemed so trivial. I almost felt bad about lumping it in with all the other stuff going on the last couple of weeks, like who cares about pro sports? Real life happens and that's the shit that really matters. Things like the playoffs, the freakin' NFL draft...who cares? Sports are a great escape from reality sometimes, but they need to stay in perspective. At the end of the day, it's just a silly game.

Hey man, sorry I missed this post. That is truly an awful story and a very rough few weeks to hear about. It really does put things into perspective about life and the little thing vs the bigger things. I found myself feeling very lucky to be alive and to have all the good things I do have in my life these last few weeks. I also know the period of grief is not over and will take time (especially for my fiancÚ).

I hope you are doing well and let me know if you ever want to talk. I am an EMT and was an Emercengy Room Tech (before I became an Engineer) for almost 5 years. I have been in the situation of administering CPR on more occasions than I would like to share, and unfortunately, once on a family member. What they don't teach people is that 95% of the time CPR doesn't result in a save. I know how much that can stay with you, so if you feel the need to talk let me know.

aeroshady 05-01-2017 03:37 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16779106)
Missed these posts over the weekend. Playing catch up now. But...

Greg and Chris. Sorry to hear about those things happening and going on. Especially Chris with the player going into cardiac right there. I mean any of us who have played men's league know that there usually isn't anything serious going on. And for that to just happen there. Definitely shifts the perspective.

And as usual, Matty sums up our thread and thoughts about one another perfectly. It is a nice escape to have a place we can "go" to post and be there for each other. I wouldn't say I've moved on from DMB, but I was never really into DMBc anyway (at least from a posting point of view). So this is really the only place on Ants that I post and really the only thread in the tailgate I even come into. I get what Matty is saying as well about how it's probably "better" that we don't all know each other too closely but there's part of me that wishes we could all get together and hang for a day or two to put all the faces with the (user)names. I'll speak for myself, but I think it was a really cool time a few of us has last year in c-ville. Wouldn't hesitate to do a meet up like that again somewhere. If it made sense. (That was 51 weeks ago guys! And gal.)

Thanks for the thoughts man. I am looking forward to just watching some hockey that I'm not emotionally invested in tonight. Should be a nice release.

I also signed up for scuba lessons this month and a skydive next month. Felt motivated to not put those things off anymore!

TMoore4075 05-01-2017 03:37 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 16779136)
I'll say this: there is precisely zero point zero chance that MAF negotiated for the NMC only to waive it for nothing later

Well from the reports out there (and Pig, Pit or other Pens fans want to confirm or deny), he was willing to waive it last year if the right deal came along I'm guessing he'll still be willing now. And with his stock so high his options will be greatly improved over last year.

TheLastPig 05-01-2017 03:37 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 16779152)
and you think that this somehow makes him less likely to enforce his contractual rights?

read the edit

YouNeverKnow25 05-01-2017 03:38 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16779159)
Well from the reports out there (and Pig, Pit or other Pens fans want to confirm or deny), he was willing to waive it last year if the right deal came along I'm guessing he'll still be willing now. And with his stock so high his options will be greatly improved over last year.

yeah, the underlined is exactly what I mean when I say it won't be for nothing.

TheLastPig 05-01-2017 03:39 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16779159)
Well from the reports out there (and Pig, Pit or other Pens fans want to confirm or deny), he was willing to waive it last year if the right deal came along I'm guessing he'll still be willing now. And with his stock so high his options will be greatly improved over last year.

yeah exactly. All talk and info that has come from the pens side has only been that he will waive it.

That hasnt been brought up much since the trade deadline but I would guess Rutherford took calls on him then and I would think they already had conversations about waiving it, if MAF said he would before, he will still. Hes just that type of guy.

Only difference now is I think management might want to reward him with a buyout then let him get top dollar on the open market if they win it again.

YouNeverKnow25 05-01-2017 03:40 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
again, if he was "that type of guy," he wouldn't have the NMC in the first place. there's a reason people negotiate for those things.

TMoore4075 05-01-2017 03:41 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 16779161)
yeah, the underlined is exactly what I mean when I say it won't be for nothing.

But other than agreeing to go to team x, what would he be getting out of it?

YouNeverKnow25 05-01-2017 03:42 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
that's precisely what he'd get out of it! that's the whole point of a NMC!

TheLastPig 05-01-2017 03:42 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow25 (Post 16779161)
yeah, the underlined is exactly what I mean when I say it won't be for nothing.

He was never going to get nothing.

Pens wouldnt trade him to Arizona or some shit place like that. Just not the way they operate.

YouNeverKnow25 05-01-2017 03:43 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
you get to pick your destination, and if you want, you can tell the potential new team that you won't waive the NMC unless they offer an extension. it's a leverage builder, and that leverage is exactly why people ask for them (and why relatively few people get them)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.