Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Alazais 06-29-2016 07:06 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Does Toronto land Stamkos?

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 16492624)
Does Toronto land Stamkos?

Assuming he doesn't stay in Tampa, I'd put Toronto slightly ahead of Detroit. Detroit sure seems to be pushing for him like...real bad from everything that's being reported. I'm just not confident when it comes down to it he picks Detroit over his hometown. Buffalo can offer the most money but he's gonna get pretty paid regardless so I think fit is a bigger thing and Detroit and TO both need a #1 center.

Lcsulla 06-29-2016 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16491048)
hoping to get an Olli Maatta in the white

or maybe a Murray but i'm still iffy on that

Going out on a limb and assuming you have jersey's for guys like Crosby and Letang. Maata would be an odd choice for a number of reasons - to me anyhow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16491079)
Pens are simple and classic...so good

Much as I do not like the Penguins I agree their jersey's are very classic. Hate it when teams make major changes.

Not a big fan of alternate jersey's myself, they are pretty pointless ways to make a few more bucks. I get the O6 teams using their old school ones on occasion but with say Chicago I think their black alternates are awful, the camo ones they used for veterans day are pretty bad - even the occasional one off jersey's with colored numbers they put up for auction after certain games (pink numbers for breast cancer awareness day) are generally pretty bad even if I do agree they raise money for a good cause.

hailtopitt 06-29-2016 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16492678)
Going out on a limb and assuming you have jersey's for guys like Crosby and Letang. Maata would be an odd choice for a number of reasons - to me anyhow.

Much as I do not like the Penguins I agree their jersey's are very classic. Hate it when teams make major changes.

i have a black Kevin Stevens throwback (technically not a throwback anymore)
i have a black Marty Straka (with vegas gold)
i have a white Lemieux throwback (same era as the Stevens sweater)

and why exactly would Olli Maatta be an odd choice? he's young, he's maybe my favorite current penguin, and he just signed a long extension so he'll be here for a while

and yes, the Penguins pretty much kill it in the sweater game.

jrkarger 06-29-2016 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16492700)

and why exactly would Olli Maatta be an odd choice? he's young, he's maybe my favorite current penguin, and he just signed a long extension so he'll be here for a while

and yes, the Penguins pretty much kill it in the sweater game.

I have a black Mark Recchi throwback complete with the badger bob, NHL 75th Anniversary, and Pens 25th Anniversary patches. I got it around 2003.

I've always been tempted to get a white Ron Francis from the same era. I also considered getting a white Bill Guerin shortly after the 2009 cup but never pulled the trigger.

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 07:56 AM

No Fata or Kris Beech for you boys? And you call yourselves fans....

hailtopitt 06-29-2016 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16492754)

was saving up for a Dick Tarnstrom sweater

jrkarger 06-29-2016 07:58 AM

Milan Kraft or konstantin koltsov :lol

EDIT: Don't forget Jarko Ruutu

hailtopitt 06-29-2016 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16492738)
I have a black Mark Recchi throwback complete with the badger bob, NHL 75th Anniversary, and Pens 25th Anniversary patches. I got it around 2003.

I've always been tempted to get a white Ron Francis from the same era. I also considered getting a white Bill Guerin shortly after the 2009 cup but never pulled the trigger.

Ron Francis would be a good one

i really want a Jagr with the diagonal Pittsburgh across the chest

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 08:00 AM

I remember seeing a dude in a Ray Whitney Wings jersey at the Pearl Jam concert I went to in 2014. Could have lit that $150-200 on fire instead. Not a Fata Beach by any means but that's gotta hurt.

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 08:03 AM

Seth Jones deal is a steal. 6 years at 5.4mil per. In terms of teams at or close to the cap...Pens are #1, actually over the cap and teams 2 and 3? CBJ and the Leafs. Way to go boys....

excitingjae 06-29-2016 08:06 AM

I once had someone tell me I wasn't a true Penguins fan because I didn't have a Jan Hrdina jersey...I guess because I hadn't decided to buy a jersey for everyone who was ever a Penguin kind of like Flyers fans get whatever hot goaltender they have at the time who flames out/is gone within two years.

I own a Ron Francis Third Jersey (the one from the mid-late 90s) and the black one with "PITTSBURGH" across the chest with no name/number.

Thinking about getting the white one for Christmas but I usually like to get a home jersey instead of away but the white is very classy.

~Crashintome89~ 06-29-2016 08:08 AM

get this man a comma.

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 08:09 AM

I have a white Yzerman and a white Osgood one and then a Zetterberg one from the 2014 winter classic against the Leafs. That's my favorite right now. I need to get a Larkin jersey and need a regular red one since I don't have one of those yet.

hailtopitt 06-29-2016 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excitingjae (Post 16492784)
I once had someone tell me I wasn't a true Penguins fan because I didn't have a Jan Hrdina jersey...I guess because I hadn't decided to buy a jersey for everyone who was ever a Penguin kind of like Flyers fans get whatever hot goaltender they have at the time who flames out/is gone within two years.

I own a Ron Francis Third Jersey (the one from the mid-late 90s) and the black one with "PITTSBURGH" across the chest with no name/number.

Thinking about getting the white one for Christmas but I usually like to get a home jersey instead of away but the white is very classy.

what? unless that was Jan Hrdina himself i don't buy it

Dramageek 06-29-2016 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16492809)
what? unless that was Jan Hrdina himself i don't buy it

Well, only the truest of the true Penns fans completed the Hrdina collection by also getting a Jiri Hrdina sweater. ;)

Dramageek 06-29-2016 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16492778)
Seth Jones deal is a steal. 6 years at 5.4mil per. In terms of teams at or close to the cap...Pens are #1, actually over the cap and teams 2 and 3? CBJ and the Leafs. Way to go boys....

I heard the Pens are $1 million under the cap. Obviously very close to it, but not yet over.

Lcsulla 06-29-2016 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16492700)

To each their own I guess, I just prefer impact players who I know will be around and solid for a long time. I do not think Maata is all that great and I believe the Pens will ship him out without a second thought if they could package him with another someone else to land another top tier D guy to supplement Letang.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16492738)
I've always been tempted to get a white Ron Francis from the same era.

Got one myself - admittedly it has a Whalers logo on it. :lol

Also have a home Ulf Sameulson Whalers jersey, home Brendan Shanahan jersey and a blue Kevin Dineen Whalers one. Also have a WHA Gordie Howe New England Whalers one. For the Hawks I just have Keith, Toews, Kane and Roenick. Even have a couple from teams I do not generally cheer for - home Gretzky, home Brett Hull, a team USA jersey and even a vintage USSR jersey. Yeah, been collecting them a long time. Some are more worn then other and look ratty after so much use but even the older ones like Ulf still fit because I had to buy them larger to fit over my pads. :lol

hailtopitt 06-29-2016 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16492840)
I heard the Pens are $1 million under the cap. Obviously very close to it, but not yet over.

they are over by 1.38 million as of today, but that will change

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/pittsburgh-penguins/cap/

fonzz41 06-29-2016 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16492754)

If none of you but a Fata sweater, you're dead to me. DEAD to me, you hear???
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16492778)

Yeah good job with the Jones deal. If he continues his progression into Rob Blake reborn it will look like a real steal.

jrkarger 06-29-2016 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16492769)
Ron Francis would be a good one

i really want a Jagr with the diagonal Pittsburgh across the chest

Nice!! Snoop Dogg special!!

http://cdn.antiquiet.com/wp-content/...57-467x351.jpg

https://ursportsreport.files.wordpre...ins-jersey.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16492874)
vintage USSR jersey.

My buddy once said he wanted to customize a red "CCCP" jersey with Malkin's name and number. I don't think he ever did, though.

hailtopitt 06-29-2016 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16492934)

:lol exactly!

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 11:25 AM

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/do...last-20-years/

Can't really argue those. I was one who thought Kariya and Selanne in Colorado was gonna do big things, even without Roy in net.

swordo84 06-29-2016 12:22 PM

@TSNBobMcKenzie
EDM and NJD appear to be edging closer to completion of a trade involving Taylor Hall. Could be imminent. Not official yet.

‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 4m4 minutes ago
As has been talked about last couple of days, Larsson is key piece EDM has been looking at.

Looks like a done deal now, pending details.

Really hope Larsson pans out otherwise this is a huge oops. Edm must be confident Lucic is signing to fill the hole left by Hall too.

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 12:32 PM

Peter Chiarelli has now traded both the #1 and the #2 picks from the 2010 draft.

Yeah Larsson better pan out. I don't know much about him but I was expecting like Shattenkirk or something.

swordo84 06-29-2016 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16493458)
Peter Chiarelli has now traded both the #1 and the #2 picks from the 2010 draft.

Yeah Larsson better pan out. I don't know much about him but I was expecting like Shattenkirk or something.

Yeah, and it looks like a straight 1 for 1 trade....which would not be cool.

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16493459)
Yeah, and it looks like a straight 1 for 1 trade....which would not be cool.

Yeah I figured they'd be like a pick or two going back to EDM or some other player...nope. Shero is putting his feed up on his desk right now.

~Crashintome89~ 06-29-2016 12:39 PM

lmao Edmonton.

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 12:39 PM

I want to point this trade out when Wings fans throw a fit on Friday or Saturday if Wings don't get Stamkos and hold back on overspending on second tier talent. Essentially Lucic and Larsson for Taylor Hall.....

DMBstandUP1984 06-29-2016 12:40 PM

Peter Chiarelli has now traded the first and second picks from 2010 draft. lol