Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Brohan_Santana 05-16-2016 09:08 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Matta a healthy scratch [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Give credit to Sullivan, needed to be done and he had the balls to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hailtopitt 05-16-2016 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16419215)
I highly disagree. Though I don't agree they're going about it the right way, having a good representation in the crowd for the home team is very good for NHL or any sport.

Let's face it, Steelers would be doing the same thing if the they were playing the Bungels

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16419221)
It's private property and private owned, they can essentially do whatever they please

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16419222)
Matta a healthy scratch [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Give credit to Sullivan, needed to be done and he had the balls to do it

once again, nothing you're saying makes any sense whatsoever

Brohan_Santana 05-16-2016 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16419225)
once again, nothing you're saying makes any sense whatsoever

You think Matta deserves a sweater?

hailtopitt 05-16-2016 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16419228)
You think Matta deserves a sweater?

1. the steelers never have and never will enforce a wardrobe policy

2. no one said the Lightning COULDN"T enforce this rule. we are saying it's dumb and slightly embarrassing...because it is.

3. Maatta deserves to sit, yes...not sure why him being a healthy scratch deserved 4 lol guys though...

TheLastPig 05-16-2016 09:14 AM

Quote:

I highly disagree. Though I don't agree they're going about it the right way, having a good representation in the crowd for the home team is very good for NHL or any sport.

Let's face it, Steelers would be doing the same thing if the they were playing the Bungels

:lol

No, they wouldnt. I have been to plenty of playoff games at Heinz field, against the Ravens and Browns included, and this has never happened and will never happen.

Brohan_Santana 05-16-2016 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16419234)

3. Maatta deserves to sit, yes...not sure why him being a healthy scratch deserved 4 lol guys though...

Did the [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] hit a nerve?

hailtopitt 05-16-2016 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16419237)

i just don't get why it's funny

and it wasn't the only thing i said either

TheLastPig 05-16-2016 09:16 AM

I am shocked Dumoulin is playing tonight. His bell got rung HARD.

Glad he is though, he's been playing great hockey all post season.

Brohan_Santana 05-16-2016 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16419241)
i just don't get why it's funny

and it wasn't the only thing i said either

It's funny because when Orpik hit him and he was 'out for injury' everyone was all butt hurt that half of the Penns 'top D unit' was out

hailtopitt 05-16-2016 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16419242)
I am shocked Dumoulin is playing tonight. His bell got rung HARD.

Glad he is though, he's been playing great hockey all post season.

even more ridiculous that Letang came back into game 1

TheLastPig 05-16-2016 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16419246)
It's funny because when Orpik hit him and he was 'out for injury' everyone was all butt hurt that half of the Penns 'top D unit' was out

Not really, everyone knows Maatta isnt himself right now.

That was just talk radio BS they were spewing.

hailtopitt 05-16-2016 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16419246)

nah not really

it became emphasized in the next game, however, when Letang was suspended and the top pair was gone

but the Pens won anyway so pretty much everyone realized that the Pens can win without Maatta

sucks though because Maatta is a fan favorite and has been through hell in the last 2 years...but he deserves to sit right now

TheLastPig 05-16-2016 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16419247)
even more ridiculous that Letang came back into game 1

Letang is the type of guy who would lie about his symptoms to keep playing, doesnt surprise me.

Brohan_Santana 05-16-2016 09:23 AM

Also, Jonny freaking Drouin!! Dude has really stepped up with Stamkos out. All things considered I would have never in a million years thought he'd be producing for the Bolts in the postseason. Complete 180 from the shit that hit the fan earlier in the year

Brohan_Santana 05-16-2016 09:45 AM

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...7f800a93fe.jpg

Drouin's wiki from January

BeyondKnight 05-16-2016 10:07 AM

It's a good thing that the Pens have an alternate blue jersey...

barbogast 05-16-2016 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16419191)
But they are only restricting this at lower level seats close to the glass. I would be hard pressed to imagine the people scanning tickets upon entry are all looking at them for specific sections and seeing what that person is wearing.

I imagine if that's what the people paying those ticket scanners were asking them to do, that's exactly what they would do

Again I really don't know and I think it's ridiculous when teams do this stuff

jrkarger 05-16-2016 10:36 AM

Quote:

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

They would never need to.

lockman21 05-16-2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16419237)

Considering his team is still playing hockey, I'm sure a couple emoji's from a Caps fan are hardly even close to "hitting a nerve".

Lcsulla 05-16-2016 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16419195)
Exactly. Be happy your seats are selling. If you think a few dozen opposing fans are going to ruin your home ice advantage and cant sell your seats close to the glass to your own fans in a conference final series, you have bigger things to worry about.

Exactly.

Quote:

They cannot seem to sell the tickets though, I have a friend in TB who says they often have people outside literally giving away tickets. Makes more sense to me to allow anyone to buy them even if they are cheering for the opponent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16419221)
It's private property and private owned, they can essentially do whatever they please

Yeah, this is true but why cut off your nose to spite your face?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16419250)
Not really, everyone knows Maatta isnt himself right now.

Agreed, he just does not look sharp right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16419252)
Letang is the type of guy who would lie about his symptoms to keep playing, doesnt surprise me.

No surprise at all to me. I'd take Letang at 75% over 80% of the defenders in the NHL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16419260)
Also, Jonny freaking Drouin!! Dude has really stepped up with Stamkos out. All things considered I would have never in a million years thought he'd be producing for the Bolts in the postseason. Complete 180 from the shit that hit the fan earlier in the year

Yeah, he certainly is peaking at the right time and looking damn solid doing it.

hailtopitt 05-16-2016 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16419440)
Considering his team is still playing hockey, I'm sure a couple emoji's from a Caps fan are hardly even close to "hitting a nerve".

:lol:thumbsup

trd1610 05-16-2016 11:30 AM

It's an unnecessary and embarrassing thing to do to restrict what fans can wear, they paid for the seats, they should be able to wear what they want. It was dumb last year and dumb this year.

It's a playoff game, every playoff game last year was a sell out, fans are going to show up, stop acting so self-conscious about opposing fans showing up.

Dramageek 05-16-2016 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trd1610 (Post 16419499)
It's an unnecessary and embarrassing thing to do to restrict what fans can wear, they paid for the seats, they should be able to wear what they want. It was dumb last year and dumb this year.

It's a playoff game, every playoff game last year was a sell out, fans are going to show up, stop acting so self-conscious about opposing fans showing up.

:thumbsup :thumbsup

Every building is going to have the opposing team's fans show up to some extent. Especially in the playoffs. Tampa is the only city that seems to do this. It makes Tampa look insecure as hell.

Seriously, though, it's not a huge deal and is something to laugh about. :lol (Though I might not be laughing if I paid mucho dinero for a ticket only to be told to take my sweater off.)

jrkarger 05-16-2016 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16419460)
They cannot seem to sell the tickets though, I have a friend in TB who says they often have people outside literally giving away tickets. Makes more sense to me to allow anyone to buy them even if they are cheering for the opponent.

Maybe they should start cross promoting with Kroger :lol

trd1610 05-16-2016 04:57 PM

Stralman back tonight which is exciting to see. Callahan isn't in the lineup though which is kind of surprising? I wonder if Cooper just decided to sit him down after that hit?

trd1610 05-16-2016 05:02 PM

Apparently out with the flu

Dramageek 05-16-2016 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trd1610 (Post 16420033)
Stralman back tonight which is exciting to see. Callahan isn't in the lineup though which is kind of surprising? I wonder if Cooper just decided to sit him down after that hit?

Doc Emerick said Callahan had "the flu."

Freaking Hornqvist got hit in the head with a puck during warmups! He should still play (I hope!)

JRS1386 05-16-2016 05:14 PM

Emojis for the Caps postseason ������������ = ��⛳️

JRS1386 05-16-2016 05:16 PM

Much like the Caps, the emojis are broken

Dramageek 05-16-2016 05:20 PM

The ageless wonder Matt Cullen!